• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK so Baalke and Harbaugh wants Alex to Throw to our new and remaining targets?

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke and Harbaugh how can I question them really these guys has don a helluva job with this team but how can they not see that a healthy peyton manning would be soo perfect for this team if we sign him for 3yrs how we not favorites in all 3yrs this team is ready to win NOW. I'm sorry Alex is cool but peyton would be the perfect fit while grooming CK. They gota find out if peyton is healthy and if he is sign him asap. This is such a no brainer. I'm soooooo confuse by what they are doing surounding this Alex Smith Peyton Manning situation.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke and Harbaugh how can I question them really these guys has don a helluva job with this team but how can they not see that a healthy peyton manning would be soo perfect for this team if we sign him for 3yrs how we not favorites in all 3yrs this team is ready to win NOW. I'm sorry Alex is cool but peyton would be the perfect fit while grooming CK. They gota find out if peyton is healthy and if he is sign him asap. This is such a no brainer. I'm soooooo confuse by what they are doing surounding this Alex Smith Peyton Manning situation.

No he's not. <Joe Dirt/>

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning is a high risk high reward signing because of health issues, maybe they think we are better off with a cheaper less risk less reward guy like Smith

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is a high risk high reward signing because of health issues, maybe they think we are better off with a cheaper less risk less reward guy like Smith

Manning = bit of risk/HUGE reward.

Smith = we know what we have, so no risk. But we know what we have, so no reward either.

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know your write am being nice to the guy I just think I will lose my mind if I see alex checking down to gore, having 3 n outs and throwing ball 4feet over targets heads another year of that with theses targets would be a disaster. @ brendon you do know that this injury that peyton is comming back from from various reports are saying that its not one of those career ending neck injury. T. Whey saying peyton is healthy wat he has done in his career his pinpoint accuracy how can we ignore his talents if reports is saying he's healthy again I'm stumped to why the not all over this. No other team wants alex but us lol damn......

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was going out of my mind last year it was so Horrible to watch Alex come through an help get the Niners to the NFC Championship game... An that Saints game did you see Alex choke in th clutch...Ooh Sorry thats right he came through.I mean hell we were a Kyle Williams fumble away from the Super Bowl. Manning is better than Alex by light years. However maybe the Niners are going for a team vs blowing all their load on one player who has questions about his health.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets get off the Kyle Williams fumble...

Its not like the offense didn't have PLENTY OF CHANCES before KW fumbled...

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thank you geesh u think alex did it all well I think our DEFENSE is wat got us there....... well do u think our defense can duplicate it all again I hope so but I won't bet on it

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alex has developped a good connection with Vernon and can hit him on various different routes for big gains.

If we line up receivers Moss & Lloyd, both of whom are sure handed, maybe Alex can develop better chemistry with them than the receivers we had last year?

The chemistry with Crabtree hasn't fully developped yet, because in some games it just disappears and Crabtree has no catches. Maybe better teams can just take Crabtree out of the equation.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex has developped a good connection with Vernon and can hit him on various different routes for big gains.

If we line up receivers Moss & Lloyd, both of whom are sure handed, maybe Alex can develop better chemistry with them than the receivers we had last year?

The chemistry with Crabtree hasn't fully developped yet, because in some games it just disappears and Crabtree has no catches. Maybe better teams can just take Crabtree out of the equation.

Although a small sample size, his chemistry with KW looked pretty good as well.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners had issues in the Red Zone all year long.

Smith is not the answer. Then again neither is Manning. Not with the price tag and health questions.

Draft baby, we need to find a gem in the draft.

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well its getting a little suspicious that Alex hasn't signed yet. I figured he'd signed by now. Man I hope we don't end up withb no one. Well maybe the keys will get turned over to CK.........

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it this way. If you offered smith a contract and he has openly said in the media that he is happy with the offer and that it'll get done eventually, while also knowing that nobody else is interested in Smith as a starter.

As a GM, would you focus your energy on getting the Smith deal done, or would you go out and sign Moss, re-sign Rogers, sign Cox, bring in Lloyd, etc. I wouldn't read too much into it, it's just more important for the 49ers to focus on the question marks and filling roster needs than spend time hammering out the details of a contract that both you and your quarterback are happy with.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it this way. If you offered smith a contract and he has openly said in the media that he is happy with the offer and that it'll get done eventually, while also knowing that nobody else is interested in Smith as a starter.

As a GM, would you focus your energy on getting the Smith deal done, or would you go out and sign Moss, re-sign Rogers, sign Cox, bring in Lloyd, etc. I wouldn't read too much into it, it's just more important for the 49ers to focus on the question marks and filling roster needs than spend time hammering out the details of a contract that both you and your quarterback are happy with.

This!

The situation is like the not so hott girl who has low self esteem but has a boyfriend who tries to reassure her that she is pretty. She thinks he only says she is because thats what boyfriends are suppose to do. She goes out and flirts just to see if others find her to be pretty but at the end of the day she goes home to her boyfriend.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners had issues in the Red Zone all year long.

Smith is not the answer. Then again neither is Manning. Not with the price tag and health questions.

Draft baby, we need to find a gem in the draft.

What about Kaepernick?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was going out of my mind last year it was so Horrible to watch Alex come through an help get the Niners to the NFC Championship game... An that Saints game did you see Alex choke in th clutch...Ooh Sorry thats right he came through.I mean hell we were a Kyle Williams fumble away from the Super Bowl. Manning is better than Alex by light years. However maybe the Niners are going for a team vs blowing all their load on one player who has questions about his health.

The 49ers got to the NFCCG primarily because of defense and running game, not the QB position.

And while Kyle Williams' fumbles were disgustingly horrible, the offense, and particularly Alex, had plenty of opportunities to put the game away and failed to do so.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers got to the NFCCG primarily because of defense and running game, not the QB position.

And while Kyle Williams' fumbles were disgustingly horrible, the offense, and particularly Alex, had plenty of opportunities to put the game away and failed to do so.

I would place ST's above our running game - easy.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

i'm often amazed at this line of thinking. why is it that eli is now 'the best qb in the league' [or at least in that conversation] when he needed TWO kyle williams fumbles inside the 30 to win that game. why is it no one says 'eli had plenty of chances to put the game away and couldn't put a drive together to save his life?' considering the weapons at eli's disposal and those at smith's, the hypocrisy just jumps out at me. we had 1 catch from the WR position but 'alex smith had plenty of opportunities?'

that game was so hard to watch. that said, alex smith did EXACTLY what he had to: no TOs, take advantage of the opportunities given, leave the giants with a long field, and let the D and special teams win the game [like they had 14 times prior]. it was always going to be a low scoring game [not like the shootout vs the saints] and their pass rush and secondary handled the niners offense superbly. that said, that game was lost by kyle williams and our coaching staff [by letting KW stay on the PR team after his first 'fumble']. saying alex smith should have put the game away while also saying eli is a top flight quarterback is either disingenuous or one of those 'the grass is always greener' moments.