• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok let's talk draft.....

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rowe is NOT a first rounder. Jones isn't either. Have we even seen enough of Collins to know what he is? Tools don't equal success. I'm pickin Kevin Johnson all day over any of these guys.

Hard to fault them regardless of which way they go. They are the guys that have had each guy in their building doing indepth interviews.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to fault them regardless of which way they go. They are the guys that have had each guy in their building doing indepth interviews.

Even more of a reason to fault them. After going through all that, they should see that K.J. is better.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more of a reason to fault them. After going through all that, they should see that K.J. is better.

So they know more than us, yet they get it wrong if they think differently??

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its worth noting as well who has NOT visited. Collins, Waynes, Peters, Williams. I suspect they don't think Waynes will be there. And the others may be off their board due to character or scheme fit?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its worth noting as well who has NOT visited. Collins, Waynes, Peters, Williams. I suspect they don't think Waynes will be there. And the others may be off their board due to character or scheme fit?

Does anybody remember if they hosted Marcus Smith last year? Often, these visits are smoke screens to throw off the competition.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that last year every single draft pick had a visit.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They get it wrong if they think differently wrongly. All professions have competent types and incompetent types. These guys are no different. Analyzing the wrong data the wrong way, doesn't improve your process. They could be spinning their tires for 8 hours a day and all their extra time spent on the matter would get them nowhere closer to making good decisions.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody remember if they hosted Marcus Smith last year? Often, these visits are smoke screens to throw off the competition.

And where would Chip get the experience to do that competently? It would just be a waste of effort for him.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get it wrong if they think differently wrongly. All professions have competent types and incompetent types. These guys are no different. Analyzing the wrong data the wrong way, doesn't improve your process. They could be spinning their tires for 8 hours a day and all their extra time spent on the matter would get them nowhere closer to making good decisions.

It doesn't change the fact that they have ten times the information and resources that anyone on this board does. They have the face to face interviews, the detective reports, the discussions with their college coaches. All anyone on this board has is really bad film (they don't show DBs on TV much) and the opinions of analysts that aren't good enough to get a job with an NFL team.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where would Chip get the experience to do that competently? It would just be a waste of effort for him.

True, but that's what he has Marynowitz for. Besides, this will be Chip's 3rd draft, so he's learned some things.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but that's what he has Marynowitz for. Besides, this will be Chip's 3rd draft, so he's learned some things.

Marynowitz is even more green than Kelly.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't change the fact that they have ten times the information and resources that anyone on this board does. They have the face to face interviews, the detective reports, the discussions with their college coaches. All anyone on this board has is really bad film (they don't show DBs on TV much) and the opinions of analysts that aren't good enough to get a job with an NFL team.

You could have the exact data for every coin in a jar and if you add it all up wrong, then my estimate as a passerby, just looking at the jar of coins, could conceivably be more accurate. If you deny that, this conversation is over.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have the exact data for every coin in a jar and if you add it all up wrong, then my estimate as a passerby, just looking at the jar of coins, could conceivably be more accurate. If you deny that, this conversation is over.

Um yeah. Kind of the whole blind squirrel thing. We have no reason to believe these guys are less competent than the guys on a message board. In fact they attained NFL jobs and have held them. No one to my knowledge on this board has.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marynowitz is even more green than Kelly.

No he's not. He's been with the Eagles in scouting for a few years. We're in good shape. Tom Donahoe is still there,and he built the Steelers into a great organization. R-E-L-A-X.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them draft Rowe as a safety.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pump the brakes. Only you know where you're going with this. All I'm saying is Kevin Johnson is clearly rated ahead of the other two and has been. There is no "maybe he's a better fit at safety?" talk with K.J. There is no way Rowe or Jones is a top 20 player. Neither one of them has been anywhere close up until they looked pretty in their workouts. I'm leary of these types of players especially for round one. They've (the Eagles) done a lot more homework because that's their job but I wouldn't act like none of us here know nothing.

I respect a good handful of opinions on this board. Just because someone has a NFL position doesn't mean they are good at it. If you're Andy Reid's kid, a job is handed to you. Just take a look around the league at teams that have been pathetic year after year (Browns surely come to mind). I have Johnson clearly ahead of both Rowe and Jones because I think he shows the skills to fit in just fine with our defense. But you're right . . . who am I

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's definitely an advantage to having more resources but how shocking is it that guys on this board are right more often than not about what they see and what they think of a player? It seems like what teams are really gettin good at is over analyzing. I guarantee you the Browns would have a much better squad if Wings, Rey, and a handful of others was doing the drafting for them instead.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate that everyone has an opinion, but I als
Pump the brakes. Only you know where you're going with this. All I'm saying is Kevin Johnson is clearly rated ahead of the other two and has been. There is no "maybe he's a better fit at safety?" talk with K.J. There is no way Rowe or Jones is a top 20 player. Neither one of them has been anywhere close up until they looked pretty in their workouts. I'm leary of these types of players especially for round one. They've (the Eagles) done a lot more homework because that's their job but I wouldn't act like none of us here know nothing.

I respect a good handful of opinions on this board. Just because someone has a NFL position doesn't mean they are good at it. If you're Andy Reid's kid, a job is handed to you. Just take a look around the league at teams that have been pathetic year after year (Browns surely come to mind). I have Johnson clearly ahead of both Rowe and Jones because I think he shows the skills to fit in just fine with our defense. But you're right . . . who am I

Well, like you said. They aren't doing their job very well if they don't take a real close look at the top 4-5 guys. One is Johnson may be gone when they pick. Two is because maybe they learn something we don't know. Some here want to assume that when the pick comes in different than expected that a mistake was made. I tend to view it differently. I figure that they must know something we don't. Both are possible. But one is more probable IMO. I don't pretend to know more about football than those who do it for a living. As such, I am always just trying to understand what they did first with a tendency to give them credit for their knowledge and experience. So high on observing and learning and low on critiquing. Personally, I view this as a more productive approach to the fan hobby than thinking I am somehow smarter than them.

That said, I don't give the same latitude to those organizations that are clearly dysfunctional. After all, the Browns for instance have proven to be dysfunctional and I am much more comfortable criticizing them. Kelly and company have earned some respect IMO though.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,
We have analyzed so many prospects that it can be paralyzing, but for me, i want to come out of this draft with Nelson Agholor. I know we need a safety and another corner, but whatever Chip has to do, he needs to get Agholor. Period. He has the whole package as a wideout, plus he is one of the bet punt returners coming out.
Go get'im Chip!