• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok let's talk draft.....

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Agholor - College Player - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

NJ.com's Eliot Shorr-Parks believes the Eagles will select USC WR Nelson Agholor with the No. 20 overall pick.
This is merely speculation, but it is clear the Eagles are interested in Agholor. They have already brought Agholor in for a visit, and coach Chip Kelly visited him in Tampa Bay for a private workout. Agholor is also a need fit, as Philadelphia could use some help at receiver after losing Jeremy Maclin in free agency. Agholor projects as primarily a slot receiver at the next level, so the Eagles' interest in him could hint at Jordan Matthews seeing more time outside in his second year. Apr 4 - 9:06 AM
Source: NJ.com
[\QUOTE]

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danielle Hunter - LSU Tigers - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

LSU EDGE Danielle Hunter has visits scheduled with the Panthers, Cowboys, Eagles, Browns and Titans.
Hunter is a superior athlete, but he needs so much work. In fact, he needs to turn multiple weaknesses into strengths in order to succeed as a pass rusher. Hunter is strong and can already defend the run, but unless he plays with pre-snap intent, Hunter is lost as a pass rusher. His athleticism only shows up in these moments. He is a true "upside" prospect. Apr 2 - 9:44 AM
Source: Sirius NFL on Twitter

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on the Agholor bandwagon for a while now ... I like him more than Perriman who's become the darling after running a sub 4.3 at his pro day. The kid has it all imo. Speed, good size, athletic, great hands ... can play inside / outside / return man ... and on top of it he's very mature and very intelligent. If we're going WR in the first I hope he's the guy. Matthews gets moved outside, Agholor moves to Matthews' old role while Huff/Austin fight it out for the outside spot opposite Matthews. Cooper gets filtered in and out depending on packages.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his YAC better than Maclins. Great fit!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like his rac skills but I think in the NFL he probably struggles to get off the line against bigger corners and needs to be a slot guy.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good videos Rey. I agree that we have to get this guy. Chip knows it too, since they've been all over him recently. I would draft him in the 1st, rather than losing him. He wouldn't last til pick #52 for sure. Maybe a trade back in the 1st to pick up an extra early pick so we Agholor and a good DB. With Sproles getting up in age, he could free him up to concentrate on RB/WR. Chip doesn't worry about what mock drafts say, if he likes a guy he'll go get him, even if it's early. We'll see. 26 days to go!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like his rac skills but I think in the NFL he probably struggles to get off the line against bigger corners and needs to be a slot guy.

He and Maclin are pretty much identical. Both measured at exactly 6'0" 198 lbs at the Combine with Maclin at 4.48 on his 40 and Agholor going 4.42 on his; Agholor also put up 12 reps at 225 which is a respectable number for a WR. While Agholor did play a good deal from the slot (and likely where he will start off with us if picked), he lined up all over the field at USC, not just the slot. Not really sure why he in particular would have trouble against pro Corners? We're not talking Todd Pinkston here ...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good videos Rey. I agree that we have to get this guy. Chip knows it too, since they've been all over him recently. I would draft him in the 1st, rather than losing him. He wouldn't last til pick #52 for sure. Maybe a trade back in the 1st to pick up an extra early pick so we Agholor and a good DB. With Sproles getting up in age, he could free him up to concentrate on RB/WR. Chip doesn't worry about what mock drafts say, if he likes a guy he'll go get him, even if it's early. We'll see. 26 days to go!

To me trading down is the way to go if we want WR ... but if Chip has identified "one" of these guys as a perfect fit for what he wants then I can see him simply taking him at 20. And that goes for Perriman, Strong, DGB etc .. as well as Agholor. All of them kind of offer different things ... the fact that Chip and 2 or 3 other coaches came down here to work out Agholor for a 2nd time does put the smart money on him though if they do go receiver.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be excited if we get Agholor and Byron Jones.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these 2 are guys Chip is looking at in rd 1 he better be trading back and getting extra picks....not selecting them at 20.
Why, because you or some talking head doesn't rate them as a mid to late first? If thats your guy, you don't risk losing them by moving back. This isn't a fantasy draft, if you think a guy is a high quality, you dont trade it for quantity.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, because you or some talking head doesn't rate them as a mid to late first? If thats your guy, you don't risk losing them by moving back. This isn't a fantasy draft, if you think a guy is a high quality, you dont trade it for quantity.
No , because he didn't do it vs Elite talent and for a sustained period of time....your drafting based on Potential rather than proven ability with Jones.... Agholor is a different story, and if Chip loves him that much and selects him at 20 I could 100% understand it, I may not necessarily like it at 20 but the kids got the tape to back up his game 100%.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think chip can get both by moving back 5 or 6 spots, picking up an extra 3rd maybe, and moving up in the 2nd to make sure he does get both of them.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think trading down from #20 is the best move to target the most talented players who best fit our scheme. If we can trade into the back of round 1 and target players like:

Jake Fisher OL: Extremely versatile player who can play at guard and fill in for tackle in case of injury -- future will most likely be at RT with Lane taking over LT when Peters hits the road.
Nelson Agholor WR: Explosive WR with real good YAC ability. Damn good hands and makes the tough contested catches. Extremely smooth and great route runner.
Devin Smith WR: Ridiculous body control and ability to adjust to the ball. Very fast and explosive - can take the top off a defense.
Byron Jones CB/S: This guy has it all from a size/speed ratio. He does a good job jamming WRs, flipping his hips and running with WRs. He's a bit raw and his technique sometimes isn't up to par which leads to some holds -- though he's a really fluid athlete and is just scratching the surface and should develop into a better pro player with some good coaching. Very versatile player who's played both CB spots and has experience at Safety.

All 4 of these players also fit the Chip Kelly culture as far as being top notch work ethic and character kids.

Some other 2nd-3rd round guys I like:

Eric Rowe CB/S: Another size/speed freak. Has the length we covet at both CB and S. Spent 3 years playing Safety and this past year at CB - where I think he did a very nice job for his first year. High upside and versatility.
Phillip Dorsett WR: Explosive game changer with the ability to torch the defense. Real good YAC ability, which will show especially in an offense like ours.
Tyler Locket WR: This kid can flat out ball. Doesn't have the ideal size or elite top end speed, but he's explosive and very quick as well. Great route runner and hands. Very smooth athlete with big time production to back it up.
Ameer Abdullah RB: One of my favorite prospects in this draft. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like he'll be a target since our backfield is stacked right now. I could see us going RB in the 4th, but Abdullah should go in the 2nd. Love this kid!!
Hroniss Grasu C/OG: Another versatile duck who can play any interior position. Perfect scheme fit obviously.
Ali Marpet OG: Another talented, athletic and versatile o-lineman. Best fit somewhere in the interior. Good fit in our zone blocking scheme. Small school kid with big time upside.
TY Yeldon RB: Another RB I absolutely love. North/South time runner who plays with great physicality. He has good burst and quickness. One cut and go type runner that Chip Kelly likes. Should be a 3rd round pick, which will be a steal for some team. Same situation with Abdullah - I'm not sure we take a RB before the 4th round, but who knows. Yeldon could be BPA in the 3rd.
Donovan Smith OL: Massive human being, but plays with good foot quickness. He's smooth in pass protection with strong hands to fend off pass rushers. Powerful run blocker who does a nice job getting to the second level, which is important in our scheme. A bit inconsistent at times but flashes big time potential. Should be a future RT with Lane Johnson being the heir apparent to Peters. Could get some playing time right away at Guard.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we do trade back, but many other teams want to do the same thing. The Saints have a lot of extra picks, so they may be a partner, as well Seattle, as they don't have a 1st rounder, and Buffalo - same thing.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me trading down is the way to go if we want WR ... but if Chip has identified "one" of these guys as a perfect fit for what he wants then I can see him simply taking him at 20. And that goes for Perriman, Strong, DGB etc .. as well as Agholor. All of them kind of offer different things ... the fact that Chip and 2 or 3 other coaches came down here to work out Agholor for a 2nd time does put the smart money on him though if they do go receiver.

Agreed Rey. I've liked this guy since his Sophomore season - I think that the best value would be to wait and trade up in the 2nd like we did w/ Mathews last year, but Chip might not take any chances and just take him at 20. If Marquise Lee was high on his list last year then Agohlor definitely is, and I think he's better than Lee.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....does anyone else think chip is crazy enough to resurrect Johnny football?

ESPN's Chris Mortensen says the Browns have mostly "moved on" from Johnny Manziel.
Just one year after taking Manziel with the No. 22 overall pick, the Browns appear to be throwing in the towel. "When they were putting together half of a new offensive staff, Manziel’s name barely even came up in conversation," Mort said. SI's Peter King chimed in Monday, saying Mort's take is 100 percent accurate and that Josh McCown in the "dominant talking point" in the organization. Furthermore, it's been confirmed the Browns were (and may still be) trying to trade for Sam Bradford. Manziel is coming out of rehab and entering a steep climb on the depth chart. Apr 6 - 9:30 AM
Source: The News-Herald

Johnny Manziel - Cleveland Browns - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com