• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio States schedule is weaker than Bamas??

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State doesn't have as good an offense as A&M? You're kidding, right?

IMO no they don't. How is that such a stretch? They are #1 in total offense and avg more ppg than Ohio State does.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends if you think BYU is better than Ole Miss. They blew out Northwestern when they were healthy as well. Since Georgia counts as a good win when they were healthy, I don't see how a former 10-win Northwestern team doesn't.

For the love of Christ. Give up with the Northwestern thing.

THERE IS NO WAY NORTHWESTERN IS AS GOOD AS GEORGIA.

And BYU lost to UVA, one of the worst AQ teams in the country.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends if you think BYU is better than Ole Miss. They blew out Northwestern when they were healthy as well. Since Georgia counts as a good win when they were healthy, I don't see how a former 10-win Northwestern team doesn't.

You think Rice's running game looked good against A&M, what would White, Gordon and that o-line do? I know A&M would get theirs, probably in the 40s. Wisconsin could hit that by halftime.

Wins are about equal, but A&M has better losses. After all, A&M is better in the computers.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this. I would take Carlos Hyde over Gurley any day. As far as two different UGA's. I agree. But that's a TEAM issue. Depth is part of team sports. Would liked to have seen they stay healthy though.

Depth? they lost their top 2 RB's & their top 6 WR's. How much more depth do you want?

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth? they lost their top 2 RB's & their top 6 WR's. How much more depth do you want?

*cough* recruit like bama and you'd have 15 deep.. as grey, blue, purple, pink shirts.... :nod:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team is disciplined to do so, its not hard to do for an entire game. You play your playbook and game plan ... dont move from it. Limit possesion and you dont have to worry about a shoot out. To me if you had the FSU/Clemson game vs a Wisc/Clemson game with Wisc winning the game say 24-7 and winning ToP by > x2-3+.. that's as dominate as FSU dropping 50+ on Clemson.

Possession17:26 vs
42:34Stanford ran the ball 52 times.... if the D can't stop you and your best bet of winning is keeping the other team's O off the field.. you play that to your advantage. It makes those 8-10 drives the other team has more important, and the % of needing to come away with 7pts over 3 drastically increases. It was almost impossible by the numbers for UO to come back and win that game at the end of the 3qtr if UO hadnt scored a point... pending Stanford imploding or just straight leaving the stadium. UO would had to of made up the 23pt difference in 3 drives that averaged no more than like 52 seconds IIRC (going for 2 pts too) and hoping that when Staford had the ball they laid a goose egg on points. None of those happened outside of Stanford almost imploding.

ToP killed UO, the play calling and game plan was perfectly executed.

And i can agree with much of what you stated. Whats not easy to do is wear down your offensive linemen like that and be consistent with backup players coming in at different times to help run out the clock and make 10 yards. No many teams have that kind of depth, especially in today's dog eat dog world of recruiting. JFF is a rare commodity of luck, skill and pure balls that make him rather unstoppable, which is why i give A&m the edge in this particular game. Is it possible that Wisky does exactly what you claim they can,Sure. Is it possible that A&m could beat them going away if they cannot control the ball and slow JFF down when he has the ball, this is true also.

It would be a good game that i would surely watch.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of Christ. Give up with the Northwestern thing.

THERE IS NO WAY NORTHWESTERN IS AS GOOD AS GEORGIA.

And BYU lost to UVA, one of the worst AQ teams in the country.

Never said they were, though UGA was extremely overrated to begin with. They were decimated on defense and returned almost no experience. All I said was NW was a very solid team that got hit even worse with injuries as the season has progressed.

The UVA game? No idea. They also destroyed Texas, beat a pretty decent Houston team, then spanked the same GT team that soundly beat VA. Bad games happen.

Still doesn't change the fact that Wisconsin as a team is more complete than A&M. Seriously, look at what challenged offenses like Arky and Miss St. did to them.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You clearly don't know what the word "arguably" means.

You also don't seem to understand the context of my comment, even though I made it clear. I recognize that depth is a part of team sports. As are injuries. Now, go and read the context in which my statements were made about the quality of the Clemson win over UGa.

Ok. I'll give you the "arguably" argument. I read more into it.

However, I don't think you understood the rest of my comment. I am agreeing with you that the Clemson win over UGA was a quality win for the Tigers. I think UGA was possibly a SECCG winner if injuries hadn't hit them. But overall they aren't a top team this year because they lacked depth. Hopefully that will be fixed. I'm getting tired of Bama winning the SEC every year. And I hate USCe with a passion. I'd like to see Richt put together a winner.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are about equal, but A&M has better losses. After all, A&M is better in the computers.

I'd say the OSU and Bama losses are equal considering A&M lost at home and Wisky was on the road at night.

As far as ASU goes, I don't want to open another Pandora's Box on this, but when the Pac 12 commissioner has to apologize for the outcome of a game, I have a hard time holding that against someone.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I had to guess I'd say LSU(8th in the SEC) vs. MSU(2nd in the B1G) would be a pick em game.

But you could say that about any of the 2-8 teams from both conferences. I don't think there would be any favorites over 7 points. Besides, I'm not sold that LSU will be the 8th best in the SEC. Probably no worse than 5th.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we were. It's just that you don't even "think" anything negative about anyone in the SEC. You spend too much effort on conference homerism. That's why B1G fans get so hostile towards you guys. You act like we don't know shit about the game. Like the 8th place SEC beating the 2nd place B1G team. That's just F'n stupid. Yet that's what one of you guys said. I like SEC football. I like all CFB. But the SEC isn't that much better than any other conference. Bama is on top and right now, rightfully ahead of everybody else. The rest of the SEC though is pretty much the same as the rest of ALL the other conferences.

So me claiming that A&M has a bad defense and can be scored on pretty easy is not negative?

Do you also want me to proclaim that JFF and the A&M offense is not very good also?

not sure what you want when i am stating my opinion on two things on that team that are clearly true and my feelings of what would happen between two teams i have seen play. I cannot simply change my opinion to make you feel better about Wisky's chances against a dynamic player(little fuck) like JFF and that unstoppable offense. I forget how many games in a row it has fielded over 500 yards of offense, but its a huge amount of games and you want me to believe that Wisky can contain him. not buying it when it hasnt been done by other good to great defenses.

And as for the other stuff in your post, i never said any of the 8th versus 2nd stuff, so maybe you have me confused with someone else.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you could say that about any of the 2-8 teams from both conferences. I don't think there would be any favorites over 7 points. Besides, I'm not sold that LSU will be the 8th best in the SEC. Probably no worse than 5th.

They are 8th right now. Look at standings. It's not like I'm saying that because its my opinion or anything.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it would, i dont think it would be a close game though. I dont believe Wisky has the horse to win in a shootout with A&M. I could be wrong, but I dont think i am.

I think it would be closer than anticipated. The running of Wisky and o-line play would wear down the already shitty A&M D. Texas A&M will get their points still IMO

It would be an interesting matchup

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So me claiming that A&M has a bad defense and can be scored on pretty easy is not negative?

Do you also want me to proclaim that JFF and the A&M offense is not very good also?

not sure what you want when i am stating my opinion on two things on that team that are clearly true and my feelings of what would happen between two teams i have seen play. I cannot simply change my opinion to make you feel better about Wisky's chances against a dynamic player(little fuck) like JFF and that unstoppable offense. I forget how many games in a row it has fielded over 500 yards of offense, but its a huge amount of games and you want me to believe that Wisky can contain him. not buying it when it hasnt been done by other good to great defenses.

And as for the other stuff in your post, i never said any of the 8th versus 2nd stuff, so maybe you have me confused with someone else.

I didn't say that was you.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the OSU and Bama losses are equal considering A&M lost at home and Wisky was on the road at night.

As far as ASU goes, I don't want to open another Pandora's Box on this, but when the Pac 12 commissioner has to apologize for the outcome of a game, I have a hard time holding that against someone.

I'm not sure I'd consider them equal. Just my opinion. As for ASU, Wisconsin lost that game, it was shitty in nature, but nothing can be done to change it.