• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio States schedule is weaker than Bamas??

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if the Ohio State's schedule is harder than Alabama's, Alabama's schedule is perceived to be harder than Ohio State's. It doesn't matter if Ohio State is a better team than Alabama, Alabama is perceived to be a better team than Ohio State. And my bet is deep down most of you Nut fans perceive Alabama to be better than Ohio State too!!!

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my bet is deep down most of you Nut fans perceive Alabama to be better than Ohio State too!!!

I honestly feel Ohio State could hang with them. Not because I'm an Ohio State fan either. If you removed the Ohio State from this team and put say Miami, USC, or Texas ... I'd be saying the same thing.

Top 5 offense, Top 10 defense, Top 10 in Turn over Margin, elite QB play, great running game, great coach etc etc. Those are the making of a NC quality team ...

Would Ohio State beat a Bama or FSU? I have no idea ... and neither does anyone else here. But some people act like it's impossible that Ohio State could compete. And that is just silly, especially given Meyer's success in the underdog role at Utah and Florida.

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly are the 4 or 5 "good to very good teams" Ohio State has played? I guess you think OSU has played a better schedule than FSU also.

So you're going to hang your hat on this...

Pittsburgh - 6th in the ACC
Nevada - Dropped their last 5 games
Bethune-Cookman - To their credit they are first in the... MEAC....
Boston College - Lost to Lane Kiffin........
Maryland - Dropped their last 3 games (killed with injuries though)
Clemson - Beat a GA team who may not even be ranked after this sat.
NC State - Dropped last 5 games.
Miami (FL) - Beat a Fla tam that is now.. where? and dropped last 2.
Wake Forest - Dropped last 3 and lost to a sunbelt team.
Syracuse - Lost to 2 B1G teams.. ouch.. hah
Idaho - Do i really have to make a point here, really?
Florida - Not even sure where Fla went, but they may not even make a bowl game.... at all.

vs.

Buffalo - 1st in the MAC and only lost to the teams ranked #2 & #4 currently.
San Diego State - 2nd in the MWC and barely lost to Fresno State in OT.
California - Well they beat.. Portland State.. yea they are horrible.
Florida A&M - Look OSU played someone in the MEAC too... just like FSU...
#23 Wisconsin - Should be 8-1, but that's sports for ya..
#16 Northwestern - Dropped last 5, maybe they can beat TTUN though?
Iowa - Can't decide if they want to win or lose...?
Penn State - Lets face it, they are just happy they can win games at the moment.
Purdue - They beat the power house of Indiana State and seemed to be OK ending it there.
Illinois - Dropped last 5 games.
Indiana - They just like looking really good at losing.
Michigan - No one here cares about them, as nice as it would be for the B1G having more dominate teams.. who cares if they end 0-12.

So lets not go thinking FSU has dominated the schedule comparison here.. lets keep things in perspective..

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally...lol.

This thread started out as FAIL and has only gone downhill and I have contributed a good portion of the fail.

LOL. Fail cheers!!! :suds:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

Florida - Not even sure where Fla went, but they may not even make a bowl game.... at all.

vs.

Penn State - Lets face it, they are just happy they can win games at the moment.
Purdue - They beat the power house of Indiana State and seemed to be OK ending it there.
Michigan - No one here cares about them, as nice as it would be for the B1G having more dominate teams.. who cares if they end 0-12.

So lets not go thinking FSU has dominated the schedule comparison here.. lets keep things in perspective..

funny, I doubt we'll see these points made on sEcPN :noidea:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin, Iowa, PSU, Buffalo, and SDSU all have winning records ... That's 5.
Vtech, A&M, Ole Miss, and LSU. That's 4.

So please explain to me how I was wrong.

Way to make a point in a douchebag way ... only to prove yourself wrong.

Oh for fuck's sake, are you really pimping out Buffalo (whom Baylor dropped 70 on) and SDSU?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama has probably the worst opponent in nation on schedule in Georgia st...in comparison ohio st has florida a&m but Alabama also has Chattanooga...two permanent inked wins at beginning of season..

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for fuck's sake, are you really pimping out Buffalo (whom Baylor dropped 70 on) and SDSU?

Read the posts before you type. No one was pimping Buffalo. But they ARE a team with a winning record, which is what was being discussed.

We're suppose to ignore reality ... just because it's Buffalo? "Pimping" ... good lord meng, read the posts and gather the context in which things are being posted.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the posts before you type. No one was pimping Buffalo. But they ARE a team with a winning record, which is what was being discussed.

We're suppose to ignore reality ... just because it's Buffalo? "Pimping" ... good lord meng, read the posts and gather the context in which things are being posted.

Winning record.

So, 7-3 Buffalo = 7-3 LSU?

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

vs.

FSU's opponents combined records are 48-36
Pitt 5-4
Neveda 3-7
Beth-Cook 8-2
BC 5-4
Maryland 5-4
Clemson 8-1
NC State 3-6
Miami 7-2
WF 4-6

That's 6 teams that are "winning" teams.

Also, I like how you put the rankings of the teams for OSU put not for FSU. As of right now, FSU schedule looks more impressive than OSU's if you actually look at it and don't just throw in comments like "lost to Lane Kiffin" or "lost to a sunbelt team" or even "beat a Georgia team that may not be ranked at the end of the season." They beat a HEALTHY Georgia team, before they lost half their team to injuries. Same can be said for Maryland.

I also like the fact that you point out the Syracuse lost to two B1G teams, but yet OSU is in the B1G. Isn't that kind of going against your arguement?

Also, the rankings you have for the teams for OSU are when they faced each other, not what they are actually ranked. If you want to play that, FSU play #3, #7, and #25.

Last edited by a moderator:

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning record.

So, 7-3 Buffalo = 7-3 LSU?

If I say "Buffalo has a winning record" it DOES NOT mean "Buffalo is better than LSU". It means ... Buffalo has a winning record.

Grab your crayons and I'll make it more clear ...

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crazy talk...not certain tOSUs schedule to this point is tougher than UCFs.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On game day, aTm was ranked #6, Ole Miss #21, LSU #13, and Auburn is currently #7. Throw in VT.

On game day, Wisconsin was ranked #23, Northwestern #16. Throw in Buffalo.

Today, aTm is #11, LSU #21, and Auburn #7.

Today, Wisconsin is #22.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU's opponents combined records are 48-36
Pitt 5-4
Neveda 3-7
Beth-Cook 8-2
BC 5-4
Maryland 5-4
Clemson 8-1
NC State 3-6
Miami 7-2
WF 4-6

That's 6 teams that are "winning" teams.

Also, I like how you put the rankings of the teams for OSU put not for FSU. As of right now, FSU schedule looks more impressive than OSU's if you actually look at it and don't just throw in comments like "lost to Lane Kiffin" or "lost to a sunbelt team" or even "beat a Georgia team that may not be ranked at the end of the season." They beat a HEALTHY Georgia team, before they lost half their team to injuries. Same can be said for Maryland.

I also like the fact that you point out the Syracuse lost to two B1G teams, but yet OSU is in the B1G. Isn't that kind of going against your arguement?

Also, the rankings you have for the teams for OSU are when they faced each other, not what they are actually ranked. If you want to play that, FSU play #3, #7, and #25.

:lol:

First I didnt even realize the rankings were in there for OSU and not FSU.. I copied them from ESPN and threw it in notebad to strip all the html stuff. It's not like I gave amazing comments for the people OSU played even the ones that had rankings next to them. :doh:

The points of team A, B, C may not be ranked are made because its the argument people have that when they played when they were ranked.. Sept isn't Nov.. if you played a #1-25 team game 1, beat them, and that team ends up losing 4,5,6 games.. is it really impressive? All it means is you had the barometer on them wrong. Why it stands to reason it's decided at the end of the season who is playing what games based on rankings then and not the beginning, or middle, or before the CCGames. If GA isn't ranked by Dec, it discredits the win being 'great' and you cant say GA was 'great' on game 1 of the season but now they aren't because they suffered injuries. No team is great game 1 and injuries are apart of the sport, adaptability and a team as a whole proves how good they are. Missouri had a big injury, OSU had injuries and suspensions, as have many others. Teams that are well rounded can manage it. I truly don't think if Bama lost their QB they would spiral out of control, they have talent on each side of the ball to manage the situation.

Also just looking at the names on the schedule w/o considering w/l's or rankings is moot. Unless the school is a 'household name nationally' the only people who respect just the names on the schedule are those from the conferences they play in.. since they play them all the time. I mean what all has Clemson, Miami, Syracuse, Maryland don't in the recent past? Just like what all has NW, Minn, Purdue, Indiana done recently.. not much so rarely anyone outside of those respected conferences gives them a 'great/good team label'. Why it seems 'continued' success is a huge weight factor for those who give votes year after year.

In the end no matter what we always have a very small sample size of how good a team is because there are only 12-14 games to do such, why people are always talking about the 'past' which is meaningless to the then and now.

For what it's worth.. I'd rather play Bama than FSU.. I said weeks ago FSU reminds me of Fla when we played them in the NCG... I didn't want to see Fla in that game when I watched them weeks before.. they were pieced together well. The only down side to FSU is they are young, and can they live up to the pedestal they are being presented on?

I'm also getting tired of rooting for teams I dont like, such as LSU, Aurbun... just lose to Chattanooga State already and make this easy Bama, damnit. :nod:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk about OSU's bad schedule. Interesting stat I posted in another thread but thought it deserved more debate on its own. OSU's opponents are a combined 39-41, Bamas opponents are a combined 36-42. Yet Bama has played a "tougher schedule", does playing 1 or 2 quality teams equate to a tougher schedule than playing 4 or 5 good to very good teams?? Not answering my own question here. Just wondering what the board thinks.

ohio state's opponents are 39-41 against big 10 schedules. alabama's opponents are 36-42 against sec schedules. i'll let you fill in the dots as to why alabama's regarded as tougher. didn't read any other posts in this thread, but i sure hope i am just repeating what has already been stated.

the schedule gap will probably grow because alabama's games remaining will likely end up tougher than ohio state's games remaining. auburn+missouri or auburn+south carolina seems tougher than michigan+michigan state

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it!

We need Bama or FSU to lose. Slim chance, but thar is a chance.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohio state's opponents are 39-41 against big 10 schedules. alabama's opponents are 36-42 against sec schedules. i'll let you fill in the dots as to why alabama's regarded as tougher. didn't read any other posts in this thread, but i sure hope i am just repeating what has already been stated.

the schedule gap will probably grow because alabama's games remaining will likely end up tougher than ohio state's games remaining. auburn+missouri or auburn+south carolina seems tougher than michigan+michigan state

SEC

SEC

SEC