• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohio States schedule is weaker than Bamas??

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try checking your math again...your stat would be more meaningful if it were actually true...in fact try checking all your fucking facts, because everything you've said here is bullshit.

Ohio State's opponents are a combined 35-55 and you have not played more teams with a winning record.

Ohio St. has played Wisconsin(7-2), Iowa(6-4) and Penn St.(5-4) everybody else is below .500...Alabama has played Virginia Tech(7-3), A&M (8-2), Ole Miss (6-4) and LSU (7-3).

and Alabama's opponents are a combined 42-45.

:wtf: 35-55

Is that possible? :lol:

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Do you need me to send somebody over to suck your dick and make it all better....

Anddddddd more douchebag remarks ...

hCA4AE7C9

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly everybody's schedule is a shit show. I'm not any more excited about Alabama's than Ohio State's...but I will defend it when somebody wants to talk about it

I've said it in the past few weeks and it's becoming more and more evident as the season progresses - this is a VERY mediocre year for college football. There are 5-6 elite teams, and then a bunch of jumbled crap. It seems like ranked teams are getting beaten by unranked teams constantly. Doing the Hoop top 25 every week is getting difficult. There are 3 teams in the top 12 that claim losses to unranked teams. Ridiculous.

It'll come out in the wash in the end. If there's some way we can see a combination of games involving Bama, FSU, OSU, Oregon, Stanford and Baylor facing each other (which isn't outside of the realm of possibility if I'm thinking correctly), that'd be ideal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who really cares about schedule anyway, yeah it determines where you end up, but were we really going to pass Bama or FSU anyway. Both have been as impressive as possible.

But I see the point and Bama's schedule isnt that much better, but still better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it in the past few weeks and it's becoming more and more evident as the season progresses - this is a VERY mediocre year for college football. There are 5-6 elite teams, and then a bunch of jumbled crap. It seems like ranked teams are getting beaten by unranked teams constantly. Doing the Hoop top 25 every week is getting difficult. There are 3 teams in the top 12 that claim losses to unranked teams. Ridiculous.

It'll come out in the wash in the end. If there's some way we can see a combination of games involving Bama, FSU, OSU, Oregon, Stanford and Baylor facing each other (which isn't outside of the realm of possibility if I'm thinking correctly), that'd be ideal.

I quit doing the 25 for that very reason. Even in the teams I would consider elite...Stanford for example...how do they lose to Utah?

There is nobody left on Bama, FSU's or Ohio State's schedule who should pose a threat...but I feel almost certain than one of them will drop a game before bowl season....just hope it's not us.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit doing the 25 for that very reason. Even in the teams I would consider elite...Stanford for example...how do they lose to Utah?

There is nobody left on Bama, FSU's or Ohio State's schedule who should pose a threat...but I feel almost certain than one of them will drop a game before bowl season....just hope it's not us.

I won't say OSU over Sparty is a guarantee. That defense is just getting better and better and it was already elite at the beginning of the season. Now it looks like they have a semblance of an offense. If we beat them, whomever gets them from the SEC in either the Cap One/Outback/Gator Bowl will have their hands full.

As far as Bama goes, maybe Auburn? That's about it. Auburn is better than anyone from the East.

FSU is going to cruise from this point on.... that said, they've also got (I believe) a 7-year streak of losing to an unranked team going, so who knows?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this thread has finally taken a turn into weirdville

Finally...lol.

This thread started out as FAIL and has only gone downhill and I have contributed a good portion of the fail.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds::agree:

Along with playing 3 OOC cupcakes, one next week, I found it quite interesting and convenient that bama only plays tenn. and kentucky in the SEC east......... how nice. Its just a coincidence that they miss Georgia, SC, and Missouri, or even florida.......in the regular season. :rollseyes::whistle: yes, I know they'll play one of them in the CCG.......

But rmilia nailed it, I wonder if any of the SEC fluffers at espn stopped to look up the stat that was brought up in this thread about opponents records??????? :L

Cool story but don't act like Ohio State didn't get the 3 worst teams in the other division too. How's it different?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story but don't act like Ohio State didn't get the 3 worst teams in the other division too. How's it different?

It's not. I don't think anyone is trying to say our schedule is better per se, just that perhaps people need to actually take a look at the schedules of the other top teams as well.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not. I don't think anyone is trying to say our schedule is better per se, just that perhaps people need to actually take a look at the schedules of the other top teams as well.

Going by W/L record there isn't going to be that much difference(unless you include 1 loss Stanford) but just using the 0 loss teams there isn't. Problem is Ohio State doesn't have the quality wins Alabama or FSU does. And Ohio State's schedule is going to be significantly worse than Bama's closing stretch will be.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot more football left to be played, so this thread is lame.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the schedules and you tell me. Hell with the math or SOS, you just tell me what you think? I look at a Va. Tech team which is up and down but did just dominated Miami. I see an Ole Miss team that dominated Texas at Texas and beat LSU as well. I see a Texas A&M team with last years Heisman and probably this as well. He single handedly can beat you. I see LSU that is always dangerous. I see an Auburn team in the top 10 and leading the conference in rushing and playing our rival at their place. If Bama makes it to the SEC game I see anther top 10 match up.

Your turn! Hell with the math just tell me what you see!

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of talk about OSU's bad schedule. Interesting stat I posted in another thread but thought it deserved more debate on its own. OSU's opponents are a combined 39-41, Bamas opponents are a combined 36-42. Yet Bama has played a "tougher schedule", does playing 1 or 2 quality teams equate to a tougher schedule than playing 4 or 5 good to very good teams?? Not answering my own question here. Just wondering what the board thinks.

Who exactly are the 4 or 5 "good to very good teams" Ohio State has played? I guess you think OSU has played a better schedule than FSU also.