• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh oh

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Doesn't surprise me considering his antics over the years.

He's been playing the "heel" and doing what he's could to keep himself in the eyes of the media and public to give him the attention in preparation to make himself the highest paid CB in the league.

Also by winning a SB he has no reason to take a hometown discount to win. The only position defined by the number of SB wins is QB so once you have one in the bag it's something no one can ever take from you so you might as well maximize your value since in the NFL you only get that big contract once.

It's the reason why it's so hard to build a dynasty is the cap makes it difficult to pay everyone and paying Sherman and Thomas top dollar is going to eat up a nice chunk of cap too just two players.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has definitely earned it. I've said it before in how Seattle handles these next two years with dealing out big contracts will help determine how long they can stay at the top. The Cap going up helps in all of this but it also means these guys are going to be wanting big time top dollar being able to show that it won't last that long of them being on top. Sherman's in my opinion will be the toughest to get done. From the sound of it he wants more than what Revis is getting which is around $12 million. Thing with Revis' is that it is a 1-year deal so he is getting top dollar but not long-term. It would be hard to justify giving a guy more than that plus long-term plus guaranteed money. Thomas' deal should be a lot easier since there were quite a few of the top safeties on the market this past season who got long-term deals. Same with Wilson.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Michael Bennett said similar things and ended up signging a team friendly deal.

Hopefully that happens… But we also heard Tate say he would take a deal and he didn't … So it obviously comes down to the player … And I agree with other posters saying he earned it… HE DID no question, but we can't go super crazy or it's gonna make it tough signing Earl and Wilson…. Also that would mean letting other guy's go and obviously we will weaken overall as a team… Unless we nail the draft again which doesn't always happen… But I"m all for paying the man but let's hope he doesn't hold us hostage with some ridiculous offer… I'd just hold off and tag the man next year if that's the case…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has definitely earned it. I've said it before in how Seattle handles these next two years with dealing out big contracts will help determine how long they can stay at the top. The Cap going up helps in all of this but it also means these guys are going to be wanting big time top dollar being able to show that it won't last that long of them being on top. Sherman's in my opinion will be the toughest to get done. From the sound of it he wants more than what Revis is getting which is around $12 million. Thing with Revis' is that it is a 1-year deal so he is getting top dollar but not long-term. It would be hard to justify giving a guy more than that plus long-term plus guaranteed money. Thomas' deal should be a lot easier since there were quite a few of the top safeties on the market this past season who got long-term deals. Same with Wilson.

Agreed...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't get that tipped ball over crabtree in the NFCCG the Broncos are the SB champs.

Not saying you give crazy money to a guy long term for one play, but not only is he outstanding week in and week out, but when the game is on the line on the biggest stage he still just gets it done.

He's got lots of reasons to take a good offer now, including a huge increase to his pay this coming season and all that can do to help his family. Not to mention getting that distraction out of the way so he can focus on football and going off on people via the media.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Michael Bennett said similar things and ended up signging a team friendly deal.

Exactly. Bennett took the deal to play where he wanted to play even if that means settling for a few dollars less.

Seattle is sure to make Sherman the highest paid corner in the league. That ought to be enough to satisfy his "respect" requirement. He chants "LoB!" more than anyone, you know he wants to stay here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman will get signed and he will be well paid, he's earned it. He's a guy that helps resigning guys like Bennett. He wants to stay a Seahawks and the Seahawks want him. It will get done IMOj.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't get that tipped ball over crabtree in the NFCCG the Broncos are the SB champs.

Not saying you give crazy money to a guy long term for one play, but not only is he outstanding week in and week out, but when the game is on the line on the biggest stage he still just gets it done.

He's got lots of reasons to take a good offer now, including a huge increase to his pay this coming season and all that can do to help his family. Not to mention getting that distraction out of the way so he can focus on football and going off on people via the media.

Bc the Broncos played so well in the Super Bowl they would have def beat the Niners?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc the Broncos played so well in the Super Bowl they would have def beat the Niners?

Niners D would a also caused some problems for the Broncos… Niners don't have the cover guy's we have but they do have a dam good front 7 that would a been getting pressure on Manning also… Missing Bowman would a hurt though … So you just never know for sure… NFL is about match-ups…

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. If he wants some 15 million+ contract then franchise him after this season or trade him. We have Maxwell as well so there is a plan b. We don't have any plan b when it comes to Wilson or ET.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should pay him what he wants. He's worth it.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised if he wants 13-15+ million a season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is it so easy to rile up 9'er fans on our own board? :laugh3:

What you wouldn't have had was the 12th man and the noise that threw off the very first play from scrimmage and helped rattle the Broncos. They never recovered from that and found any type of rhythm.

However, that part of my (successful) attempt to troll 9'er fans on our own board wasn't a key part of the conversation. No Sherman tip = season over for the Seahawks. He's earned his pay in the regular season and at the most stressful and key situation he could have been put in. Give him his damn money and don't think twice about it.

I mean as long as kraperdink is at the helm Sherman is guaranteed more opportunities like that.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it so easy to rile up 9'er fans on our own board? :laugh3:

What you wouldn't have had was the 12th man and the noise that threw off the very first play from scrimmage and helped rattle the Broncos. They never recovered from that and found any type of rhythm.

However, that part of my (successful) attempt to troll 9'er fans on our own board wasn't a key part of the conversation. No Sherman tip = season over for the Seahawks. He's earned his pay in the regular season and at the most stressful and key situation he could have been put in. Give him his damn money and don't think twice about it.

I mean as long as kraperdink is at the helm Sherman is guaranteed more opportunities like that.

That early in the game the 9ers fans would have been too busy reading their "When to Cheer" manuals to have any impact on that play.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Percy is asked to re-structure if he doesn't have a 1,000+ yard year and stay healthy all 16 games. I still think the contract we gave him was ridiculous.

IMO we should've never signed/traded for Harvin and used that money on Sherman, but whatever.

Schneider will figure out a way to make it work I'm sure. Okung might be gone as well. He's been a great OT for us but OTs are some of the easier positions to come in from college and excel at, and he gets injured too much. Okung is eating up quite a bit of cap ($11.2+ this year and 7 next).

Okung and Harvin IMO are both expendable, Harvin we're just stuck with through 2015 because his cap hit would be too big if released.