• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh oh

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. If he wants some 15 million+ contract then franchise him after this season or trade him. We have Maxwell as well so there is a plan b. We don't have any plan b when it comes to Wilson or ET.

Maxwell isnt even close to Sherman. He is a good player, but Sherm is on a completely different level.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxwell isnt even close to Sherman. He is a good player, but Sherm is on a completely different level.

Agreed ... Max has talent but Sherm is the best corner in the game right now... We can't lose Sherm we have to lock him up... He's just to vital to our defense right now.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Percy is asked to re-structure if he doesn't have a 1,000+ yard year and stay healthy all 16 games. I still think the contract we gave him was ridiculous.

IMO we should've never signed/traded for Harvin and used that money on Sherman, but whatever.

Schneider will figure out a way to make it work I'm sure. Okung might be gone as well. He's been a great OT for us but OTs are some of the easier positions to come in from college and excel at, and he gets injured too much. Okung is eating up quite a bit of cap ($11.2+ this year and 7 next).

Okung and Harvin IMO are both expendable, Harvin we're just stuck with through 2015 because his cap hit would be too big if released.

I can't imagine they would let Okung go because the LT position is so vital protecting the blind side of your QB... Our line would be weakened big time if Okung was gone... Especially after losing a couple starters already upfront. Okung is and important guy for us.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so little money that is already spoken for after this season (and definitely after next) that the Seahawks have the freedom to sign Thomas, Sherman, Wilson and a couple others of their studs (Wagner and Wright) without hurting themselves. From there, you stick with the philosophy that got you here.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure that sherman just doesnt want to get a low ball offer. He probably talked to tate when he left to detriot and probably replied saying that dont come out and say your ok with a discount because you'll get a cheaper than expected offer. Do more like Michael bennett and say that you want a big offer and just work from there.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your basically stuck with him.......noone else wants the loudmouth.

It's about results though in the NFL… If Sherm hit the free agent market teams would be lining up to nab him and that's just the reality of it… He's arguably the best corner in the NFL right now… Not sure how you feel teams wouldn't want him… lol he'd be nabbed in a heartbeat..

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your basically stuck with him.......noone else wants the loudmouth.

Just like no one wanted:

Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Darrel Revis
Chad Johnson
etc.
etc.
etc.

There may be some who may think he isn't worth the talk, but he'll get a payday wether it's with Seattle or with someone else. This statement is more about a fan who hasn't seen much of a player and really has only seen the character assassination pieces that are easy to write but rarely accurate. Just about the only player untouchable by the NFL right now is Aaron Hernandez.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about anything. They'll get it done.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like no one wanted:

Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Darrel Revis
Chad Johnson
etc.
etc.
etc.

There may be some who may think he isn't worth the talk, but he'll get a payday wether it's with Seattle or with someone else. This statement is more about a fan who hasn't seen much of a player and really has only seen the character assassination pieces that are easy to write but rarely accurate. Just about the only player untouchable by the NFL right now is Aaron Hernandez.

Yep… Especially looking at Terrell Owens… Remember the Star incident when he disrespected the heck outta the Cowboy's… THEN the Cowboy's picked him up later down the road…

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as he wants to get paid big he also wants to keep playing with Earl and Kam. I really doubt he's gonna demand 17mil a year or anything. It'll get done.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would imagine 13 million a year average would get it done since that would make him the highest paid corner in the league.

With him I believe it's more than vindication that's he's the best corner in the league rather than the actual money itself since he's carried a chip on his shoulder since he's been in the league because of where he was drafted.

If he starts demanding money in that 15 million dollar a range I would let him walk. There is no question regarding his skills but no CB is worth that kind of money. Even 13 million is on the high side even for the best CB in the league.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine 13 million a year average would get it done since that would make him the highest paid corner in the league.

With him I believe it's more than vindication that's he's the best corner in the league rather than the actual money itself since he's carried a chip on his shoulder since he's been in the league because of where he was drafted.

If he starts demanding money in that 15 million dollar a range I would let him walk. There is no question regarding his skills but no CB is worth that kind of money. Even 13 million is on the high side even for the best CB in the league.

Seahawks could always take the position of franchise tagging him next year though … I remember we did that with Walter Jones allot back in the day…. 3 times in a row I believe… I think that would guarantee he would get no more than the top 5 players in the league at his position… I'm no expert on this but I think that's what happens…

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The franchise option is exactly why they really need to get either Sherman or Thomas locked up as soon as possible. They can't lock them both up with a tag so get a deal done and keep that distraction from having any impact on them or the team.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seahawks could always take the position of franchise tagging him next year though … I remember we did that with Walter Jones allot back in the day…. 3 times in a row I believe… I think that would guarantee he would get no more than the top 5 players in the league at his position… I'm no expert on this but I think that's what happens…

It would be ok for one year but a 2nd time means 120% more than he made the previous year and a 3rd time in a row would mean 144% more than the year before. So it's only really financially viable for one year.

And considering Sherman is talking about respect concerning a contract a franchise tag would be a slap in a face to him and he would likely bolt out of spite the following year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good post Jikkle..as always. 15 million would be the max for me, but I agree that 13 should do it, I know it sounds like a over pay, but with the bump in the salary cap this year and what is being said about the bump next year I think 15 is doable. Mind you I'm hoping for 13 or less. Franchising him is a last resort, better to franchise Thomas because safeties make a lot less.
At the end I feel the Seahawks will work out a deal with him, I think both parties want this to work out.