• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Ezekiel....

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im much more of a clothes/shoes guy

British-Style-Fashion-Casual-Velcro-Shoes-For-Men-And-Women-Sneakers-Running-Shoes-Adult-Sapato-Social.jpg

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the J. Smith analogy. It dosnt back up anyone argument about not playing. ESPN had some kind of % list on players that got injured in the bowl game and hurt draft stock. Yes J Smith was one of them but it was like .05 - 2% chance(something along those lines). Quitting on your brothers, school and fans are a lot worse and I wouldnt want any of these type players on my team. They will quit on your NFL team in a heartbeat when things go bad. They will be the ones that hold out or complain or ask for a trade.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my take too. he quit, but after the season and when his team was ready for it. It wasn't like he just one week decided he wasn't going to play in the next game, leaving his team in a lurch.

Right...and people want to rip on him for foregoing his senior season forgetting the fact that these two are juniors as well.

Now, if these two were seniors and Zeke ripped on them for skipping the bowl games...then yes, that would be a hypocritical thing for Zeke to say.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Both are 4 years for a 1st and early 2nd. Both Jaylon and Elliott's contract are 4 years, only difference is Elliott is getting $18M more out of it.

And the 5th year option for 1st round picks is extremely high. Like $10M+

5th year team option is the difference. An all pro- 2nd rounder can make more in the 5th year than an all-pro 1st rounder because of the team option.

argh, you got it in the edit.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much racist!
I'm from Iowa. We don't have blacks here. We've got some Mexicans, a few injuns and one dude that wears a dress but has a mustache ( at least i assume it's a dude, could be a hairy lady )

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from Iowa. We don't have blacks here. We've got some Mexicans, a few injuns and one dude that wears a dress but has a mustache ( at least i assume it's a dude, could be a hairy lady )

Must be why your football team can't get over the hump :evil:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be why your football team can't get over the hump :evil:
We've got big corn fed boys on the lines but without that "running from the cops" speed on the perimeter it's tough

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. What's a College education at a big university now, about $200K plus??? That's getting paid IMO...

Colleges are still exploiting the players of their programs. For arguments sake lets say a school gives out the maxk in scholarship money in a year. The amount they give per student is 35k per year. That is $2.2 mil a year in scholarship money. That is chump change to big colleges that are in the National Championship hunt. The 2 teams that are in the National Championship game will get more than $35 mil in payouts for the two BCS Bowl games they play. Now that is of course the extreme cases but almost all big schools in bowl games will get agood payout and that is just for bowl games. Most big colleged make more than $25 mil in profits every year from football....that is net....after all expenses (including scholarships).

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colleges are still exploiting the players of their programs. For arguments sake lets say a school gives out the maxk in scholarship money in a year. The amount they give per student is 35k per year. That is $2.2 mil a year in scholarship money. That is chump change to big colleges that are in the National Championship hunt. The 2 teams that are in the National Championship game will get more than $35 mil in payouts for the two BCS Bowl games they play. Now that is of course the extreme cases but almost all big schools in bowl games will get agood payout and that is just for bowl games. Most big colleged make more than $25 mil in profits every year from football....that is net....after all expenses (including scholarships).

Derp.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke sent out a tweet today chastising Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey for skipping their teams bowls to prepare for the NFL.

"I'd give anything to be able to play one more game with my brothers in the Scarlet and Gray" said Zeke....

Zeke left after his junior year. Missing potentially 14 games with his "brothers". Oh Ezekiel.....

I'm with Fournette and McCaffery...go get ready to make some money instead of making some money for the school in a meaningless bowl game...but I think Zeke was talking about finishing the season.

If you're projecting to be a 1st rd pick as a Jr...you leave and go get that money.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Fournette and McCaffery...go get ready to make some money instead of making some money for the school in a meaningless bowl game...but I think Zeke was talking about finishing the season.

If you're projecting to be a 1st rd pick as a Jr...you leave and go get that money.
Then that's what he should've said. Because what he did say wasn't that

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. What's a College education at a big university now, about $200K plus??? That's getting paid IMO...

I'm all for education, and I really think these young kids should go back to school and finish up if they leave early, but it's not even close....if you're 1st or even 2nd round pick...you need to take the money.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then that's what he should've said. Because what he did say wasn't that

Agreed, it didn't come out that way...but he knows these guys are leaving early just as he did...based on that, to me it seems obvious he meant finish the season.

Whether that's what he meant or not, I'm with McCaffery and Fournette...don't risk it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it didn't come out that way...but he knows these guys are leaving early just as he did...based on that, to me it seems obvious he meant finish the season.

Whether that's what he meant or not, I'm with McCaffery and Fournette...don't risk it.
I'm for sure with Fournette. He's a lock top 10 pick. Less sure on McCaffrey, he may not go til 2nd round or so. This could be a bad look for him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My :2cents:: Title IX basically states all sports must be treated the same with regards to scholarships offered. So you need to include the women's rugby team and table top tennis team. All get the same $35K in your scenario. So how much is that now? And How sports many bring in this incredible amount of money you reference? And how many Schools teams don't even make a bowl game and are in small conferences? Now add in the fact that the players aren't required to play Football or go to College. They can work at Walmart until eligible. Lastly the Owners (in this case the College) always should come out ahead or why be involved? This is how life works. If the kids don't want or see the value in the free education, screw them. Go to Canada to play:canada: There's always another kid right behind to take their spot

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for education, and I really think these young kids should go back to school and finish up if they leave early, but it's not even close....if you're 1st or even 2nd round pick...you need to take the money.
I don't think that was the discussion