• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Ezekiel....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for sure with Fournette. He's a lock top 10 pick. Less sure on McCaffrey, he may not go til 2nd round or so. This could be a bad look for him

To be honest idk what round McCaffery will go in, but 2nd sounds about right. Even with a strong performance in the bowl game, does that change? IMO no.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest idk what round McCaffery will go in, but 2nd sounds about right. Even with a strong performance in the bowl game, does that change? IMO no.
Not really about the performance. Teams will forgive a lot if you're a top 10 talent. If you're av2nd rounder there may be some teams who frown on you skipping out on your team

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that was the discussion

Okay...I missed something.

On your point about if kids don't value the scholarship...screw them...why not just go the way of the Ivy league and do away with scholarships altogether and truly take collegiate athletics back to its roots?

It's a two way street...there's a reason why the Ivy League doesn't have a massive TV contract and play in front of 80,000 people...the schools need the best talent to put the best product out there for TV money. Whether they want an education or not, the kids need the schools to develop and provide a platform to reach the next level.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it didn't come out that way...but he knows these guys are leaving early just as he did...based on that, to me it seems obvious he meant finish the season.

Whether that's what he meant or not, I'm with McCaffery and Fournette...don't risk it.

Of course he meant finish the season.

I'm with Zeke on the topic (you finish the year), but my opinion isn't based on much. I've never been in that position. Zeke has, which means his opinion is based on something.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really about the performance. Teams will forgive a lot if you're a top 10 talent. If you're av2nd rounder there may be some teams who frown on you skipping out on your team

idk that...maybe be one two. If they think you can help their team win they will take you. Peters (KC) was considered a 1st round talent, but even if he was considered a 2nd rd pick getting kicked off his college team would not have had any bearing on him getting drafted...I don't think he would've slipped to the 3rd round.

Specifically about McCaffery...he had a few injuries this year. Not wanting to risk his NFL future will be understood by GMs around the league...at the position he plays, what will hurt him more than anything imo is going to the combine and putting up sub par numbers.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id whip my teammates ass and then cut him out of my life.

No questions asked.

And Id most likely skip over a dude who gave up on his team for himself. If somebody, like say a Ford family member, gave me that power.

There's a lot more to life than money. And knuckle sammichs be free.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...I missed something.

On your point about if kids don't value the scholarship...screw them...why not just go the way of the Ivy league and do away with scholarships altogether and truly take collegiate athletics back to its roots?

It's a two way street...there's a reason why the Ivy League doesn't have a massive TV contract and play in front of 80,000 people...the schools need the best talent to put the best product out there for TV money. Whether they want an education or not, the kids need the schools to develop and provide a platform to reach the next level.
Because I like it and think it is fair the way it is:noidea:

Also, not all kids are smart enough to get into a School based solely on grades. If they do that the Florida Community Colleges are going to have the best College Football Programs in the country!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with Zeke on the topic (you finish the year), but my opinion isn't based on much. I've never been in that position. Zeke has, which means his opinion is based on something.

I've never been in that position either, but I have played team sports, and you do want to finish what you started as a team. From my understanding, both of these guys battled thru injuries this season...I understand them protecting the best interest at this point.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it if you are hurt, but I don't understand how anyone can look their teammates in the eye after sitting out a Bowl game for no reason. Sounds like kids whose mentality it to put themselves above the team which is what is wrong with sports today - too many seem to be doing that. Why play at all once your team is eliminated from winning a National Championship if that's your angle?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I like it and think it is fair the way it is:noidea:

Also, not all kids are smart enough to get into a School based solely on grades. If they do that the Florida Community Colleges are going to have the best College Football Programs in the country!!!

LOL...I hear ya.

It's never going to be 100% fair in my eyes, but it's not about being fair or not. You know what it is going into it. It's an opportunity to better yourself academically, and athletically...you make the best of the system, or you let the system use you.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it if you are hurt, but I don't understand how anyone can look their teammates in the eye after sitting out a Bowl game for no reason. Sounds like kids whose mentality it to put themselves above the team which is what is wrong with sports today - too many seem to be doing that. Why play at all once your team is eliminated from winning a National Championship if that's your angle?

IMO...CFB was best when there were a 10 or 12 bowl games and they piled them up on New Years Day finishing up with the Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Cotton. There was a Rose Bowl champ, a Sugar Bowl champ, etc...and they voted on a national champion.

Today with conference championship games (a pure cash grap imo) and 100 bowl games...it's too transparent that it's more about the money than the kids. The kids know this now. So if a kid (especially one that has incurred injuries during the season) has pro football in his future and wants to do what's best for him...his team mates will understand because they could be in that position one day themselves.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see much indignation over Tom Herman and Willie Taggart not staying around with their old teams.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see much indignation over Tom Herman and Willie Taggart not staying around with their old teams.

I was going to make that point. They were on contracts, right? And probably were recruiting kids then jumped ship. At least the players aren't leaving recruits high and dry.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have any indignation over Fournette and McCaffrey. My opinion doesn't mean anything compared to Zeke's though (who was actually in the same position these two are and made a different decision). I do have indignation over people criticizing Zeke for his opinion (which is why this thread was started).