• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Ezekiel....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke sent out a tweet today chastising Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey for skipping their teams bowls to prepare for the NFL.

"I'd give anything to be able to play one more game with my brothers in the Scarlet and Gray" said Zeke....

Zeke left after his junior year. Missing potentially 14 games with his "brothers". Oh Ezekiel.....

Yes Zeke left after his jr. year & he knew he was gonna leave before the Buckeyes Fiesta Bowl last year & still played in the game. And it didn't hurt his stock in the draft @ all.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Fournette would have played the bowl game if Miles were still there?

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. What's a College education at a big university now, about $200K plus??? That's getting paid IMO...
Most of these guys major in basket weaving.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is McCaffery's draft rank? Is he a early first rounder? Hoping he gets drafted before the saints pick.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. What's a College education at a big university now, about $200K plus??? That's getting paid IMO...

I agree, but you are asking 18 year olds to see it that way. They don't see the cost that they don't pay, they see the money they are bringing in for others.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Fournette would have played the bowl game if Miles were still there?

I think he would play in the bowl game if he were healthy. But that dude has been nursing injuries all year. But he can't say he is hurt, just "doesn't want to get hurt".

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skipping bowl games is the next front the college athletes taht want to get paid will use. "if you aren't paying us, I'm not jeopardizing my future income".

Can't say I blame em. Players will start to realize the amount of leverage they have soon enough. That will be the end of the NCAA, at least over CFB.

I'm torn on the issue.

On one hand I understand these guys are potentially risking their financial future on a "meaningless" bowl game. From a pragmatic standpoint, I can't begrudge them for that.

On the other hand, part of what drew me to college football is my perceived ideas regarding the players' emotions during the bowl season. Most players won't be going to the NFL, so for the seniors, this is their farewell game. It's also for school pride. Those things are cool to me.

I wish it all meant more to these kids than it does. It reminds me of when tOSU players got busted for selling the golden pants they get when they beat Michigan. I wished those charms meant more to the guys than a few hundred bucks, but it doesn't and that makes me sad. But don't worry about me - I'll just go to the NSFW forum, jerk off into the trash can under my desk and then I won't be sad any more.

Yesterday someone mentioned these kids should be taking insurance policies out on themselves if they're projected as high draft picks and I think that makes sense. On the other hand, some of these guys probably don't have the kind of money to plop down on a $15MM insurance policy. I wonder if it makes sense for schools/ncaa to fund the insurance policies. I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Just kind of a shitty situation.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke sent out a tweet today chastising Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey for skipping their teams bowls to prepare for the NFL.

"I'd give anything to be able to play one more game with my brothers in the Scarlet and Gray" said Zeke....

Zeke left after his junior year. Missing potentially 14 games with his "brothers". Oh Ezekiel.....

Personally, I see a difference between making a decision to leave after a season is over and quitting during it. I guess you don't, which doesn't completely surprise me.

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we will have to disagree again man. If you say you'd "give anything to play one more game" when you skipped on playing 12-15 more I just gotta call BS. If his tweet was solely about missing the bowl game I'd be with him. It'd be like LeBron hating on Durant for chasing a ring

Or Durant hating on guys for chasing a ring, and then doing the same thing.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we're supposed to understand "anything" here to be similar to the "anything" Meat Loaf sung about.

In this case, "that" is "give up $25 million guaranteed to play in the NFL".

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skipping the bowl games and yes. However don't include the sappy "I'd give anything" line because that's verifiably false lol

Or. . .

He could mean that if he had one more game it would have meant tOSU had made the playoffs and won their semi-finals game, and that one more game would have been the championship and he'd have had an opportunity to sodomize Alabama. Again.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before and I'll say it again, teams are gonna question his heart!

Of course they will.

"This player here is willing to sacrifice the good of the team and his teammates in order to secure his next contract". Sounds like a guy who will cash a check every year that isn't a contract year.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...and if they weren't also skipping their senior seasons, I would probably agree with you. He's clearly talking about finishing the year they started with their teammates.

Of course he is. rmillia is just doing that thing he does.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College is a learning institution.

If it's all about you ...did you really learn anything?