• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a bust this guy has been. drafted #7? had a 17 million dollar contract?!?!?! insane! goes to show you always take proven talent over prospects

By that statement we didn't overpay for Corey

In his defense, the Panthers were a horrific organization. Can't imagine they developed talent very well there.

Have the Panthers ever drafted someone that turned out to be good while in the Panthers system?

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[/B]

By that statement we didn't overpay for Corey

Have the Panthers ever drafted someone that turned out to be good while in the Panthers system?

meh maybe....buuuuuut never said we did...did ask though compared to bernier trade (which was less) did we OVERPAY.

one day you will catch me bro one day

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you said we overpaid, did I? ;) Good try though

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok back on track gents, is there anything we still lack? Is there anything that needs to be addressed?

I think 3 guys that severely underperformed last year that we absolutely need bounce back seasons from if we want to make a real run are Salvador, A-Train and Zajac.

Salvador and A-Train are our 2 best stay at home guys, they can be the physical presence we need in our own end and generally just give us a sense of calmness instead of the panic other guys cause in our own end. Last year they did the exact opposite. Gliding to pucks in the corner, falling for little moves/tricks that only rookies should fall for, misreading plays, bad turnovers, you name it they did it. If they get back to playing smart shutdown hockey we'll be ok.

Zajac is a top line center. When he's playing 100% there is no doubt he's a top line guy and can be a game changer. Last year I don't know what happened to him. He lost battles along the boards that he never lost before, he constantly got knocked off the puck with ease, he seemed out of it the whole year. The easy answer is Parise was gone, but that doesn't explain why he was playing so soft. If starts playing with confidence again and returns to first line center form, Kovy-Zajac-Ryder can put up some points.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I already said id be highly surprised if Zajac doesn't bounce back

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
keep mottoua and boucher in the ahl all year unless injuries strike.

clowe should replace the goals that clarkson left us on. figure like 15ish

ryder should be good for 20-25 it doesnt totally replace parise's total but it eases it a bit

like you said if players have bounce back years like zajac kingslayer that would make up for the slack.

we are "deep" down the center but its a lot of question marks. so it could really turn into a huge weakness. i'm not all that worried with our offense you can still win games 2-1 its just that if this team doesnt get the first goal they seem to crumble and can never get over that hump.

one thing that will be huge is whoever they bring in for the assistant job. hopefully its someone OUTSIDE of the devils

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Offensive defensemen.
Looks like everyone is getting ready to rid of Zids, but remember, he was our most steady offensive defenseman that we had.
If he is gone, guys like Larsson and maybe Merrill have to be ready to jump in and make huge progress this upcoming season.

If not, the powerplay will be even worse. Tough to imagine, but that will be the case.

He was the only point guy we really had on the PP. Greene is a second unit guy to me.
Yes Zids is a liability on defense. Agree there. He doesn't have that big shot, but has good passing ability, and is relatively cool with the puck.

Also, would like to see Kovy off the point if possible.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive defensemen.
Looks like everyone is getting ready to rid of Zids, but remember, he was our most steady offensive defenseman that we had.
If he is gone, guys like Larsson and maybe Merrill have to be ready to jump in and make huge progress this upcoming season.

If not, the powerplay will be even worse. Tough to imagine, but that will be the case.

He was the only point guy we really had on the PP. Greene is a second unit guy to me.
Yes Zids is a liability on defense. Agree there. He doesn't have that big shot, but has good passing ability, and is relatively cool with the puck.

Also, would like to see Kovy off the point if possible.

The only reason I might be ok with him staying on the point is that Ryder is the type of player that can score off of the rebounds Kovy's blasts from the point create. Having a guy like Ryder that can score down low should keep teams honest and could either A: Provide Kovy with more room at the point or B: Leave Ryder open down low.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You figure PP is gonna be down without Clarkson's body too

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ryder should help the power play.
They probably will try Clowe on the power play too. They were using Clarkson, and Clowe has better hands, especially passing wise.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope whatever assistant we bring in parks some monster in front of the net. Zubrus, Clowe, Zajac whoever, just put physical guys and big bodies in the crease.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
how is ryder on the shootout?

without clarkson we would need a new #3

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure how Ryder is on shootout, but found that Clowe scored 16 out of 38 career wise which is not that bad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year deal for Zidlicky..not in love with the guy but he does have good vision on the PP. Hopefully Larsson still takes that step forward so midseason we wont have to count on Zids too much.

Havent seen anything on the contract price. 3 mil would be my max.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah was hopeing to see what they paid Zids.... I hope they didn't overpay....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its 1 year. If that's the case, they probably had to throw in more money.
Glad its not multi-year however.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a fan but for one year I can stomach it. If nothing else it gives depth in case we decide to deal somebody. If other people step it up this year he could be pretty tempting trade bait for a team looking to add a puck moving vet with an expiring contract.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice fits perfectly with our plan of getting older!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$3 Million for the one year for Zids. Pretty much what I expected when I heard 1 year. Not terrible, we still have flexibility.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
read a rumor that its a 3 million hit with a 1 million bonus if he plays in 25 games. which getting paid 3 million he better be in 25 games!

thats just an insane cap hit for zidlicky. him with harrold are two spots that should be going to some rookies i really dont understand what they are doing on the blue line