• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think the D rebounds. I really think the lockout screwed a bunch of guys up. Salvador looked like a completely different player, not just from the cup run, but from all the prior years. You can say he's slow and age is catching up, but that doesn't explain the mental lapses he was having and the misreads on plays. I think you see him come back and be a much more consistent player.

Also, I could be wrong, but didn't A-Train get hurt during his time in the KHL during the lockout? I know that was supposed to be over with when the season started but isn't it possible he might not have been healthy last year? If he was playing hurt it could explain a lot.

Really hope we don't bring Zids back. The 8 guys on D thing was an issue.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think the D rebounds. I really think the lockout screwed a bunch of guys up. Salvador looked like a completely different player, not just from the cup run, but from all the prior years. You can say he's slow and age is catching up, but that doesn't explain the mental lapses he was having and the misreads on plays. I think you see him come back and be a much more consistent player.

Also, I could be wrong, but didn't A-Train get hurt during his time in the KHL during the lockout? I know that was supposed to be over with when the season started but isn't it possible he might not have been healthy last year? If he was playing hurt it could explain a lot.

Really hope we don't bring Zids back. The 8 guys on D thing was an issue.

I think Lou's ready to give Gelinas, Urbom, or Burlon a shot. If Zid is gone, I suspect it will be Gelinas since he's supposed to have the most offensive ability, although his numbers from last year were down a bit.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK what happened, we did start off the season pretty good and was top 2 lol... but it all fell apart. With Marty going down IIRC and our goal scoring going on its own lockout... we hit a big snaffu...

hopefully things change and we're back on track!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tallinder traded for Zach Boychuk. AHLer, but huge salary dump and it clears another roster spot. Well done Lou.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move by Lou (again)..clears up the cap space for Henrique and gets a young Dman in the lineup on a regular basis next season. Tallinder was better then Volch and Sal last year but still bad just the same.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Riley Boychuk was playing below ECHL last year so he's not going to turn into a player at the NHL level, BUT this move is great because it let's us get one of these kids into the lineup. Everyone seems to think that Urbom is basically knocking on the door, so are Burlon and Gelinas. More importantly, it insulates the Devils from Offer Sheets that could be targeted at Henrique and JJ. Devils now have more than enough to match anything thrown at those guys.

HornsofHell

Die Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up Devils fans!?! Im very late to join the party from ESPN but I used the handle Devils4Raiders12. Just getting trying to get familiar with the site. Looks like a great amount of knowledge being shared here. Anyway, just introducing myself. Go Devils!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whats up raider I rememver you

Rumor has it they are looking to sign zid with the freed space. Which im not thrilled about

HornsofHell

Die Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zid kills me on the power play. Which was one of the main reasons he was brought in. Devils will end up over paying for him. I wish the would have bought out that joke of a captain, Salvador. 3.2 Million for the next 2 years is a steal if he wasn't 37 YO.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up Devils fans!?! Im very late to join the party from ESPN but I used the handle Devils4Raiders12. Just getting trying to get familiar with the site. Looks like a great amount of knowledge being shared here. Anyway, just introducing myself. Go Devils!

Hey Buddy how ya doin?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Welcome HornsofHell!!!!
2. Adios Tallinder... I really did like your game somewhat, you came in and did your job when healthy. Hope it works out in Buffalo.
3. Frees up $ is good.... I cannot fathom JJ getting anything good TBH... doesn't really have the accolades nor resume for a deeper pay IMO... I'm a fan, thought he was really clicking before that injury during our Cup year. Then onto #4
4. GTFO Zids!!!! lol.... You're useless out there... can't play defense, overrated as an offensive player, i like the few goals you get in but i scream bloody hell when I see you constantly out of position or lost or behind on breakaways... Just let Larsson get his offensive game flowing cuz theres really no upside defensively IMO... lol

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Zid was brought in to help the pp yet we had a horrible pp. Thing is he got so many shots!!!!!! But none of them ever went in who knows maybe a full camp would do him good?

Tallendar played good when he was put in for the finals 2 years ago. To be honest with the rotation of 8 d men last year I cant remember his play.

I remember a train being slow and Salvador being horrible. But were all these issues because of the lockout?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zid was brought in to help the pp yet we had a horrible pp. Thing is he got so many shots!!!!!! But none of them ever went in who knows maybe a full camp would do him good?

Tallendar played good when he was put in for the finals 2 years ago. To be honest with the rotation of 8 d men last year I cant remember his play.

I remember a train being slow and Salvador being horrible. But were all these issues because of the lockout?

Let's hope so. I've never particularly been a fan of Zids. His defensive lapses are too much to overlook, I don't care how good a skater he is.

I actually liked Tallinder when he was healthy but the move needed to be done and I think he's a lot happier heading back to Buff where he won't be healthy scratched.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping this Olesz character can be an under the radar solid pickup. He's only 27, has been hurt I believe, on and off for the past year and a half. He may have something left in the tank and could surprise us. Deboer seems to be a big fan of his. If he could even come close to putting up 14 goals like he's done twice in his career that's a huge contribution out of this guy.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what a bust this guy has been. drafted #7? had a 17 million dollar contract?!?!?! insane! goes to show you always take proven talent over prospects

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a bust this guy has been. drafted #7? had a 17 million dollar contract?!?!?! insane! goes to show you always take proven talent over prospects

In his defense, the Panthers were a horrific organization. Can't imagine they developed talent very well there.