• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Hillis return to FB status? I'm not a believer in him as a RB... despite a couple seasons ago, when he broke out, he nearly won me the fantasy league.... UFA to boot.

Any Colston rumors?

Goldson status?

Our Cap status?

Who's a RFA/UFA next year for us?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Hillis return to FB status? I'm not a believer in him as a RB... despite a couple seasons ago, when he broke out, he nearly won me the fantasy league.... UFA to boot.

Any Colston rumors?

Goldson status?

Our Cap status?

Who's a RFA/UFA next year for us?

Sadly the news is scarce right now. Besides a few tid bits here and ther we wont hear much untill probably a week or 2 after the Super Bowl if that.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The market for Lloyd
9:46AM ET
Brandon Lloyd | Rams | Interested: 49ers?, Redskins?, Patriots?, Jets?, Browns?

The St. Louis Rams made one of the bigger moves around the trade deadline of the 2011 season, acquiring Brandon Lloyd from the Denver Broncos in a trade that -- due to Lloyd's 51 receptions as a Ram -- will result in St. Louis' fifth-round pick heading to Denver. But as the offseason gets rolling, the Rams have a new coaching staff and will have a new GM soon. Josh McDaniels -- the former Rams OC who had coached Lloyd in Denver as well -- is now gone. At this point, it would be a moderate surprise to see Lloyd retained by the club.

So, where to? The obvious link is the New England Patriots, who've already hired McDaniels for the 2012 season and are in perennial need -- ever since Randy Moss left -- of a player like Lloyd that can break big plays on the perimeter. Deion Branch and Chad Ochocinco are both hitting free agency, so there should be some room there.

But the Pats aren't the only team with a need for such a player. The New York Jets will likely be without Plaxico Burress moving forward, and have been unafraid to ink big free agent deals recently. The Washington Redskins are reportedly looking for wide receiver help, as are the Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers, amongst several others. Despite a crowded WR market, Lloyd should have no shortage of suitors.

- Tim Kavanagh​

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd rather spend a bit less and get colston with the goal of saving enough to go after lloyd to be our #2. we already have a big play threat in vernon. hopefully he can build upon a monster playoffs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'd rather spend a bit less and get colston with the goal of saving enough to go after lloyd to be our #2. we already have a big play threat in vernon. hopefully he can build upon a monster playoffs.

just wondering......do we know who'll cost more? what if VJ and Colston cost the same?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we should start with the guy we think is best, then work our way down if they ask too much.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be franchised. Hopefully Rogers will agree to a reasonable contract. If not, Culliver will probably be the starter opposite of Brown.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Bowe leaving KC:
Dwayne Bowe - WR - Chiefs

After a recent conversation with Dwayne Bowe, SI.com's Jim Trotter believes the free agent wants to stay with the Chiefs if the contract is right.
Bowe is likely seeking a deal similar to Santonio Holmes' five-year, $45 million contract. Speculation around Kansas City is that the Chiefs will sign one of Bowe or CB Brandon Carr to a long-term deal and use the franchise tag on the other. Trotter believes the Chiefs are certain to tag Bowe if a deal can't be worked out.
Related: Brandon Carr
Source: Jim Trotter on Twitter
Feb 7 - 2:20 PM

Our best shot is Vincent Jackson since the Chargers have already said they aren't tagging him. 2nd is Colston if they are forced to use their tag on Brees.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barrows on twitter:

The 49ers have not yet begun talks to extend quarterback Alex Smith's contract, but Jim Harbaugh reiterates that he wants Smith back ...

... "Obviously, Alex is as high a priority as anyone on our team," Harbaugh said after today's shootout at Pebble Beach.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, I can actually say Goldson is my most preferred out of the FS list....

For SS, Landry is a hitting machine but a hole in coverage IMO... Whitner gets the job done better.

Landry is also damaged goods. The docs said he needs surgery on his achilles but he doesn't want to go that route.