• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldson is a must sign imo...

i don't. he's too reckless in coverage and i think we'd be in good shape having reggie smith start for a year then keep our eyes open for an upgrade at fs

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually was/is ok with Peele as the 3rd TE, we should be getting back Byham healthy unless theres something I don't know about.

But if the case is still needed for a 3rd TE, would anyone look at Caralson from SEA, I'd think he'll come in cheap.

Again still like Byham and Peele for my preference.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent Jackson - WR - Chargers

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora doesn't see "any way" free agent Vincent Jackson returns to the Chargers.
The Union-Tribune San Diego has reported the Chargers don't plan to use the franchise tag on V-Jax. The sides are open to a long-term deal, but Jackson is set to break the bank on the open market. "There's too many teams in need of a wide receiver," explained LaCanfora. "Somebody's going to give him big bucks." LaCanfora lists the 49ers, Rams, and Bucs as three potential landing spots.
Related: Buccaneers, 49ers, Rams
Source: NFL.com
Feb 8 - 8:24 AM

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh is pretty easy to read. He's trying to get Alex to sign first as a safety crutch prior to bringing in other QB competition. It would be more difficult to do the other way around. Probably won't be Peyton, but I look for them to bring in additional competition in addition to Kaep.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent Jackson - WR - Chargers

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora doesn't see "any way" free agent Vincent Jackson returns to the Chargers.
The Union-Tribune San Diego has reported the Chargers don't plan to use the franchise tag on V-Jax. The sides are open to a long-term deal, but Jackson is set to break the bank on the open market. "There's too many teams in need of a wide receiver," explained LaCanfora. "Somebody's going to give him big bucks." LaCanfora lists the 49ers, Rams, and Bucs as three potential landing spots.
Related: Buccaneers, 49ers, Rams
Source: NFL.com
Feb 8 - 8:24 AM

Going off from last offseason, is our Front office willing to give big bucks up to people other then our own players? Its clear we need a WR like Jackson, but i feel they wont wanna break the bank for him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't break the bank on him....

I'd hope for a cheaper Colston... heck even Meachem got me thinking a little.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Steelers released Arnaz Battle (and Bryant McFadden). Mildly interesting but very depressing that Battle is already turning 32 years old in exactly two weeks. Man, I'm getting old.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham is my dark horse pick

I wouldn't mind it. I feel his best years of football are ahead of him. He has had some minor injury issues and drops, but looked pretty damn good when healthy this year (had a great 2010 season too). He's going to be the 3rd guy to Cruz and Nicks, so coming here to be the #1 or #2 guy would seem tempting.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
RT @cthornsby Your thoughts on Vincent Jackson not returning to SD? Would he be #1 on 49ers list?> Possibly WR they would spend most to get.
2 hours ago

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Wayne - WR - Colts

The Indianapolis Star puts free agent Reggie Wayne's chances of re-signing with the Colts at "less than 50-50."
Even without Peyton Manning's $28 million bonus, the Colts have salary cap issues in their rebuilding process. Dwight Freeney, for instance, will count more than $19 million against the cap in the final year of his contract. Asked late in the season if he might give the Colts a "blue light special," Wayne replied, "I don't shop at Kmart." Expect him to wear a different uniform in 2012.