• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason thread, WR hunt, Cap Space now $4.768M not counting JJ and Jacobs

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
whatever qb we have, we can't have crabtree being the #1 target. he'd be better off as a #3, but i'd much rather have someone with the capabilities of say brandon stokly who can actually find the soft spot in coverage and give his qb a good outlet to pick up a 1st down.

with vernon clearing out defensive backs, crabtree should be wide open all day and night.

I agree with that entirely. I think we want/need a more dynamic #1 receiver to stretch the field along the sidelines. There are still problems with that as I don't have much faith in Smith to make those throws regularly at this point, but just having that guy should help somewhat. Davis and another WR should be our top-two receiving threats.

I have no problem with Crabtree finding a role as the third guy (second WR in my scenario) in that context. Provided he does show some improvement this offseason. If he actually plays this offseason - and that's admittedly a big if given his history - I think we can see some improvement with his routes, etc. As mentioned, Smith isn't the only player who has had to learn a new offense every year he's been in the league. Knowing the offense and having faith in the offensive coaching staff should go a long way for all our players.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad at you? Why would I be? You've met my expectations.

I might be a little sad/disappointed that you haven't learned to support your arguments better - or at all - in the months you've been away from the board. I'll pull through somehow, though.

Perhaps you just failed to interpret, translate or reiterate my argument correctly - which, in my very short time on this board I have come to see is a huge problem for you - then you get all mad.

Perhaps if you tell me what you thought was my argument we will quickly discover and be able to fix the problem. Seriously, what do you think my argument was?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Perhaps you just failed to interpret, translate or reiterate my argument correctly - which, in my very short time on this board I have come to see is a huge problem for you - then you get all mad.

Perhaps if you tell me what you thought was my argument we will quickly discover and be able to fix the problem. Seriously, what do you think my argument was?

Why don't you explain it to me?

If I tell you what I think, you'll just say I'm wrong without explaining why or how. It'll save me a lot of time for both of us if you just avoid the question from the start.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you explain it to me?

If I tell you what I think, you'll just say I'm wrong without explaining why or how. It'll save me a lot of time for both of us if you just avoid the question from the start.

Hahaha...Dude, even if you were to guess at what my position was and somehow got it right it would be rather difficult to change my position as the evidence to support your correct guess would be rather overwhelming, don't you think?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahaha...Dude, even if you were to guess at what my position was and somehow got it right it would be rather difficult to change my position as the evidence to support your correct guess would be rather overwhelming, don't you think?

Just so we're on the same page: I'm reading this as you failing - yet again - to state/explain/support your argument.

If your argument is so unassailable, so simple, and so obvious, why do you refuse to explain it?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that entirely. I think we want/need a more dynamic #1 receiver to stretch the field along the sidelines. There are still problems with that as I don't have much faith in Smith to make those throws regularly at this point, but just having that guy should help somewhat. Davis and another WR should be our top-two receiving threats.

I have no problem with Crabtree finding a role as the third guy (second WR in my scenario) in that context. Provided he does show some improvement this offseason. If he actually plays this offseason - and that's admittedly a big if given his history - I think we can see some improvement with his routes, etc. As mentioned, Smith isn't the only player who has had to learn a new offense every year he's been in the league. Knowing the offense and having faith in the offensive coaching staff should go a long way for all our players.

I just wanted to highlight something here - peacefully - In your above post you state: "I have no problem with Crabtree finding a role as the third guy (second WR in my scenario) in that context. Provided he does show some improvement this offseason."

Yet, Crabtree was drafted to be our #1 target and was our #1 target in 2010.

Can you explain to me how your statement defines improvement?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we're on the same page: I'm reading this as you failing - yet again - to state/explain/support your argument.

If your argument is so unassailable, so simple, and so obvious, why do you refuse to explain it?

I wouldn't need to explain it if you understood it my friend...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bemular is MW.

I wish - MW is far more knowledgeable about the game than I'll ever be. He lives near me and yes, I know who he is - but I am not him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just wanted to highlight something here - peacefully - In your above post you state: "I have no problem with Crabtree finding a role as the third guy (second WR in my scenario) in that context. Provided he does show some improvement this offseason."

Yet, Crabtree was drafted to be our #1 target and was our #1 target in 2010.

Can you explain to me how your statement defines improvement?

You're WAY off point here. As soon as you explain your argument, I will happily point out everywhere you have veered off course yet again with this.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But apparently I don't. So explain your argument.

Then perhaps you shouldn't be commenting on topics you don't understand - take that as a lesson for the future.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're WAY off point here. As soon as you explain your argument, I will happily point out everywhere you have veered off course yet again with this.

I'll just take that as I'm right about Crabtree's stagnant or even regressed improvement and avoid your BS. Thanks for the confirmation.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The discussion was not about overall improvement, it was about improvement in the context of the QB.

My conversation with Imac_21 at this time had nothing to do with Smith - Once again your translation skills have failed you. But I do like how you not only moved the goal posts, but hell fire you went and painted them red! Man when you get nervous you get weird! But, hey I like the new color and you my friend are going to be a lot of fun!

However, it is good to see you mention the word context - Now the question is, do you understand what context is and what it means? Many people do not and thus far you are one of those people. But congrats on at least mentioning it. That is a start.

Btw, I got what I came for. You have admitted that Alex Smith has indeed played a role in the development of Vernon Davis & Joshua Morgan and I would say both have improved noticeably with Alex Smith as their QB.

Therefore since Crabtree has failed to improve upon his rookie performance and at the same rate as these other receivers with the same QB we can assume with some degree of certainty that the problem for Crabtree's failed or stagnant improvement lies more to much more with Crabtree than with Alex Smith.

Thank You for participating in this scientific experiment - I look forward to experimenting on you in the future.

So Crabtree, a starter since day 1, has not improved as much as Morgan, who started 1 game as a rookie, then 15 as a sophomore.

Maybe you can now explain how Smith can make his WRs better tactical receivers. How does Smith make Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree better route runners?

Maybe the improvements are due to Alex Smith improving?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Crabtree, a starter since day 1, has not improved as much as Morgan, who started 1 game as a rookie, then 15 as a sophomore.

Maybe you can now explain how Smith can make his WRs better tactical receivers. How does Smith make Josh Morgan and Michael Crabtree better route runners?

Maybe the improvements are due to Alex Smith improving?

LMFAO!!! Little Dude, you are not even CLOSE to being smart enough to covertly re-weave this - so don't even try.

If you believe Crabtree is a better WR today than he was after his rookie season - great - I don't.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LMFAO!!! Little Dude, you are not even CLOSE to being smart enough to covertly re-weave this - so don't even try.

If you believe Crabtree is a better WR today than he was after his rookie season - great - I don't.

What evidence do you have to support your claim?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evidence do you have to support your claim?

Wait, I forgot who I'm talking to - my apologies Mr. More Catches/More Yards

I retract my position and am now bewildered if not a little bit perturbed how Crabtree did not make the pro-bowl last year! (Didn't those voters know he had More Catches AND More Yards!! Oh the rarity of such event!)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Then perhaps you shouldn't be commenting on topics you don't understand - take that as a lesson for the future.

I'll take this as you admitting that not even you know what your argument is at this point. If you and MW aren't the same person, you have the same educational background. Neither of you can answer questions or support an argument for shit.

I do find it incredibly amusing that this discussion largely began to degenerate when you accused me of moving the goal posts, as that is your only effective "argument."

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wait, I forgot who I'm talking to - my apologies Mr. More Catches/More Yards

I retract my position and am now bewildered if not a little bit perturbed how Crabtree did not make the pro-bowl last year! (Didn't those voters know he had More Catches AND More Yards!! Oh the rarity of such event!)

That's your evidence? Crabtree hasn't improved because he didn't make the pro bowl?

Or do you have something else? Are you going to try to hide behind sarcasm again today?