• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Targets

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some thoughts of mine about this offseason..

QB:

It all begins with the Quarterback, and I'm personally indifferent to resigning Cousins as I feel his ceiling is on par with Tony Romo, yes he will win games on a good team, however he will most likely never get us a Super Bowl Ring.

I am interested in drafting Baker Mayfield hopefully in the second round.

RB:

Somehow signing Le'Veon Bell would just be a complete Redskins move to make, however there is roughly a 0% chance the Steelers actually allow him to leave. More likely we should be able to draft an RB in the draft. Maybe Saq Barkley will be available when we draft in the first round, but more likely we will be looking at one of the RBs from either Bama or UGA.

WR:

Please sign Jarvis Landry if the Dolphins let him go...Runner-up would be Sammy Watkins.

TE:

N/A

OLine:

Give me depth from rounds 4-6

Defense:

Same ol story...we need Safety help, ILB and Dline also need some help (but they are trending in the right direction).

What are your thoughts.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might sound as if I'm talking shit, but I'm really not. I wish I could let this season go as easily as the OP seems to have. But after reading that article SoCal posted about the new stadium and the importance of Bruce Allen to Snyder. I can't help, but think nothing around Redskin Park has really changed. I at least used to believe Snyder wanted to win he just didn't know how to go about it. Now it seems maybe Snyder is in Field of Dreams build it and they will come mode. I don't wanna handle this bullshit for another 7 years or however long it takes to build the new stadium.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB

If Cousins ceiling is on par with Romo we better resign him. Romo continues to be so damn underrated on here (I get its a skins board but still).

I guess Im ok with Mayfield if we lose Cousins but Im not in love with it. I also think theres no shot at getting him in the second.

Right now Id probably go Rosen > Jackson > Mayfield > Darnold > Everybody else

RB

I loooooove Bell but youre totally right that signing him would be a total redskins move and a disaster.

I also agree we definitely need to draft a RB. Lots to choose from. Love Barkley (We are!) but I think hes pretty much guaranteed to go before our pick.

Chubb, Michel, Harris, Freeman, Guice are all out there still though. Id be content with any of them I think (though not in the 1st).

WR

Have to admit I cant stand Jarvis "6.5 ypc" Landry. Id be ecstatic about signing Watkins though and Allen Robinson would also be a good option.

TE

Agree not much going on here.

OL

Agree - draft depth.

Defense

DL, pass rusher, CB, Safety all cant be ruled out as early as the 1st round. If we lose Kirk though the defense likely wont be adding a 1st rounder.

I think top priority needs to be bringing back Breeland and Brown.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some thoughts of mine about this offseason..

QB:

It all begins with the Quarterback, and I'm personally indifferent to resigning Cousins as I feel his ceiling is on par with Tony Romo, yes he will win games on a good team, however he will most likely never get us a Super Bowl Ring.

I am interested in drafting Baker Mayfield hopefully in the second round.

RB:

Somehow signing Le'Veon Bell would just be a complete Redskins move to make, however there is roughly a 0% chance the Steelers actually allow him to leave. More likely we should be able to draft an RB in the draft. Maybe Saq Barkley will be available when we draft in the first round, but more likely we will be looking at one of the RBs from either Bama or UGA.

WR:

Please sign Jarvis Landry if the Dolphins let him go...Runner-up would be Sammy Watkins.

TE:

N/A

OLine:

Give me depth from rounds 4-6

Defense:

Same ol story...we need Safety help, ILB and Dline also need some help (but they are trending in the right direction).

What are your thoughts.
Mayfield is a great athlete and may be a QB in the NFL, but he is not the type of QB to succeed in Gruden's offense. Mayfield is a run and gunner. Gruden needs a timing QB that can read the defense, know where his receivers are and throw to a spot. One with quick release. One like Kirk Cousins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to say with KC up in the air . you will need a qb if he stays . drafting one would be ok but we will need a FA placeholder , smith , bradford , bridgewater would be a start . right now we own the 10th pick overall , so darnold and rosen are off the board leaving jackson , mayfield and allen .

next we need a solution at LG either draft or FA .

d/line is another huge issue . i think we have 3 legit ones in allen ionman and lanier , but we really need to more good young ones and lanier is a rotational type

ilb could be and issue if brown foster walk

safety is an issue with DJ and montrea being starters but there is little depth . sewer cravens cant be counted on

i think perine has potential but we could use a bell cow /dynamic back .

lets face it wr is iffy . dox has potential but grant is just a guy , davis has potential as a 4 , quick is a guy , crowder is solid

te i would look at another big strong TE to go with sprinkle and reed. paul just isnt in the cards for me

preston smith looks to be a perennial cock tease so OLB is a need , jr needs work and anderson isnt doing much this season

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's is talking about RB penny San Diego state.just draft defense if Kirk stays and Rb

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to say with KC up in the air . you will need a qb if he stays . drafting one would be ok but we will need a FA placeholder , smith , bradford , bridgewater would be a start . right now we own the 10th pick overall , so darnold and rosen are off the board leaving jackson , mayfield and allen .

next we need a solution at LG either draft or FA .

d/line is another huge issue . i think we have 3 legit ones in allen ionman and lanier , but we really need to more good young ones and lanier is a rotational type

ilb could be and issue if brown foster walk

safety is an issue with DJ and montrea being starters but there is little depth . sewer cravens cant be counted on

i think perine has potential but we could use a bell cow /dynamic back .

lets face it wr is iffy . dox has potential but grant is just a guy , davis has potential as a 4 , quick is a guy , crowder is solid

te i would look at another big strong TE to go with sprinkle and reed. paul just isnt in the cards for me

preston smith looks to be a perennial cock tease so OLB is a need , jr needs work and anderson isnt doing much this season
Thank you Paul needs to go it's time

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a NT still and outside of Kerrigan we don't have a good pass rusher on the other side

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get healthy keep the coaches draft dl rb wr this season sucked because of injurys period skins would be rolling if reed and thompson where healthy and the oline stay healthy and be smarter in free agent period fill at list 1 whole

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get healthy

I want to ask a few questions to all, based on this response. What do you guys believe is going on with our strength and conditioning program?

I know that a lot of guys workout in other places, if the injuries continue into next season, would it be time to change that into a more uniformed workout program?

Again, if the injuries continue into next year, would that signal a need to change both the program and who's running it?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to ask a few questions to all, based on this response. What do you guys believe is going on with our strength and conditioning program?

I know that a lot of guys workout in other places, if the injuries continue into next season, would it be time to change that into a more uniformed workout program?

Again, if the injuries continue into next year, would that signal a need to change both the program and who's running it?

Can't remember if there were others but for most of the year I remember Trent and Reed passed up team activities and worked on their own. I would say don't allow that again but I think the rules say workouts are mandatory. It doesn't seem right that these guys are making that kind of money and are not required to be there. Now someone might tell me I remember this rule incorrectly.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

combo of bringing guys in here with pass injuries we need to stop and its just bad luck this year

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting people with past injurys i hate to say it but in time dline allen will fuck up his shoulder which in turn will cause him to play like 5 games a year ... start drafting injury free players also keepin players on the roster that can never stay healthy caugh caugh Reed caugh let them go

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting people with past injurys i hate to say it but in time dline allen will fuck up his shoulder which in turn will cause him to play like 5 games a year ... start drafting injury free players also keepin players on the roster that can never stay healthy caugh caugh Reed caugh let them go

It is football. You find me a guy without past injuries, I will show you a guy riding the pine.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Detroit Lions GM Martin Mayhew considering injury history of Todd Gurley, other first-round prospects

Hmm - take a look at this article from 2015. At that time there were concerns about whether Gurley should be drafted high because of injury concerns from college. The Lions drafted to low to get him, but the Rams selected him with the 10th overall pick. Imagine if they took your advice & didn't draft Gurley. Somehow I think that they would not be doing quite as well.

There are numerous factors involved in drafting & it is not as simple as you portray it. The real key is ensuing that they have the rt football people in the FO - we will see.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Frank Gore? He blew both knees out in college and was a stud RB for many years in the NFL.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind spending a 2nd rounder on Sony Michel from Georgia.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now we own the 10th pick overall

Just a quick note... due to us beating them head to head, We pick behind the Raiders and Cardinals who have matching records to us.

So we currently pick 13th. Possibly 14th depending on the Dolphins SOS rating. IN either case, the more we win, the less likely it becomes we get a QB short of a trade.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Shark. When it comes to draft order, they go by strength of schedule.

2017 NFL strength of schedule - NFL Nation- ESPN
2017 NFL strength of schedule

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think you can predict injuries. It's mostly just bad luck. Some guys get luckier than others.