• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Trade Thread: Draft Edition

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Oilers - Ralph Krueger likely to be named next head coach. I think it's a good call, Krueger is very familiar with the nightmare that is Edmonton.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@THNRyanKennedy
Via Ken Campbell, Rick Nash's agent is meeting with CBJ GM Scott Howson at 3pm - Howson will talk to media at 5pm

Well, hello there rumor mill...ready to go full steam ahead?

Picture_2_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn't plan on signing extension now.

Oohhhh no. Jordan, you sadden me. :( As a Pens fan circa '05 I wonder, why in the world would someone NOT want to be here forever?!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now you've angered Shero, so he's gonna trade you on your wedding day. *blows raspberry in general direction*

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Russostrib
#Cbj GM Scott Howson says he's no closer to a Rick Nash trade than he was at the trade deadline

You can exhale 43.

However, I'm now holding my breath. SON OF A.

@TSNBobMcKenzie
If Staal won't re-up in PIT, where he loves it, not expected to extend with anyone else who may trade for him. Except perhaps Carolina. #bro

Staalsie, buddy, you're really screwing the pooch for the Pens right now.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howson saying he's considered trading down from #2. Hmm...I feel like if Murray isn't there they'll do it. Not getting burnt with another Rooskie.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do want him to sign in Pitt though. Again, I think of the Neal trade r*pe Shero pulled, and think of what he could do with Staal.

I know, and I know that Shero has high expectations, so there's no way he'll lose on whatever trade may or may not occur...but the whole "unlikely to sign anywhere but CAR" thing makes the trade value drop. That said, a player of his ilk should garner a huge return. We'll see. People are saying nothing will happen until day 2 because of his wedding, but seriously? If the trade comes along, it's going through. Especially if it's a good one...Shero won't wait for a GM to second guess things...and anyway, it's either his wedding Friday or his honeymoon for the next week.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, and I know that Shero has high expectations, so there's no way he'll lose on whatever trade may or may not occur...but the whole "unlikely to sign anywhere but CAR" thing makes the trade value drop. That said, a player of his ilk should garner a huge return. We'll see. People are saying nothing will happen until day 2 because of his wedding, but seriously? If the trade comes along, it's going through. Especially if it's a good one...Shero won't wait for a GM to second guess things...and anyway, it's either his wedding Friday or his honeymoon for the next week.

I understand his "Carolina Only" thing hurts his value, but yeah he is still a great player to have. That being said, I think I prefer him as the Penguins' 3rd line center over the Penguins having that really good winger you had discussed earlier.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually impressed your not in some cave until the draft ends. Or you could be in a cave with wifi. Never know.

Close. I was in Baltimore until yesterday. I would prefer the cave.

@Russostrib
#Cbj GM Scott Howson says he's no closer to a Rick Nash trade than he was at the trade deadline

You can exhale 43.

Silly me, I went out to the car to listen to the local sports talk station hoping to catch the presser. All I got was two fat guys bitching about how LeBron James is still a big fat jerkface who smells like poo.

The one guy finally said something along the lines of "no trade, Nash stepping down as captain."

Whatever. To me "No closer to a deal" translates too "I fucked up and am still asking for too much so no deal happens and Craig Patrick won't flog me in public."

Howson saying he's considered trading down from #2. Hmm...I feel like if Murray isn't there they'll do it. Not getting burnt with another Rooskie.

Grigorenko is a risk, and Murray is not so much an urgent need. If they could swap picks and pick up a goalie ready to break through and still get a quality forward or maybe that Subban kid... Go for it. I heard around here that Patrick and Tyler Wright are high on Forsberg, though. So that's not a big drop to get in his range.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MolinariPG
Have confirmed Bob McKenzie's report. Staal did turn down a 10-year offer from the Penguins. Might mean he still wants to keep options open.

Boooooo...of course, just because he said no to 10 years doesn't mean he won't sign a different deal.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close. I was in Baltimore until yesterday. I would prefer the cave.

Silly me, I went out to the car to listen to the local sports talk station hoping to catch the presser. All I got was two fat guys bitching about how LeBron James is still a big fat jerkface who smells like poo.

The one guy finally said something along the lines of "no trade, Nash stepping down as captain."

Whatever. To me "No closer to a deal" translates too "I fucked up and am still asking for too much so no deal happens and Craig Patrick won't flog me in public."

Grigorenko is a risk, and Murray is not so much an urgent need. If they could swap picks and pick up a goalie ready to break through and still get a quality forward or maybe that Subban kid... Go for it. I heard around here that Patrick and Tyler Wright are high on Forsberg, though. So that's not a big drop to get in his range.

I actually think of Grigorenko as the value pick of the first round. The age rumor could hurt, but without he'd be in the top-6 to me.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think of Grigorenko as the value pick of the first round. The age rumor could hurt, but without he'd be in the top-6 to me.

For the Blue Jackets to pick a Russian who's work ethic has been questioned, no matter where, is too much risk.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Blue Jackets to pick a Russian who's work ethic has been questioned, no matter where, is too much risk.

Just trade him to the Preds for the rights to Suter.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying the deal was worth $60mil. Hm. Gotta think Staal's agent may have wanted this to leak to influence Shero to sweeten a deal or something...I'm reading into this far too much.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kypreos saying the Sens and Sharks are leading the charge for Nash.

Sens names involved: Lehner, Zibanejad, 1st
Sharks: Clowe, Pavelski, Demers, 1st

Soooo, their deals are a bit better than, you know, JvR, Bob, 1st.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kypreos saying the Sens and Sharks are leading the charge for Nash.

Sens names involved: Lehner, Zibanejad, 1st
Sharks: Clowe, Pavelski, Demers, 1st

Soooo, their deals are a bit better than, you know, JvR, Bob, 1st.

Kypreos apparently does not have a radio or the Twitter machine. "No closer to a deal"

Sens? Fine. I still have all my stuff. And the possibility of a job in Ottawa...

Sharks? Doesn't address the goalie need. Let's go ahead and reunite Jumbo and Nasher here instead. I would let Johansen and the second overall go for Thornton and another pick.