• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Trade Thread: Draft Edition

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have went from not wanting Nash at the deadline, to wanting him really badly 5 days ago, to really skepitcal about acquiring him today.

But Ill be cool if we get Nash without losing Schenn, Couturier, or Giroux and proceed to flip him to Toronto for their 1st, Schenn, and Gardiner. :D

Flyers fans (the crazy stereotypical ones that all fanbases have, but just deal with like an annoying little sibling):

YEAH! We're gonna get Nash! And then we'll sign Weber AND Suter. Totally.

Wait...no! We're getting Bobby RYAN! THEN we'll sign Weber AND Suter.

What? Pat Kane? YEAH! And...we'll still sign Weber and Suter!

What's a salary cap?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it appears that both Rick Nash and Steve Nash are on the move. How about that folks.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the prospects are doing a lot more fun stuff in the Burgh this year than they have at other drafts. Of course, maybe that's just because 20 people are tweeting about it at all times.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers fans (the crazy stereotypical ones that all fanbases have, but just deal with like an annoying little sibling):

YEAH! We're gonna get Nash! And then we'll sign Weber AND Suter. Totally.

Wait...no! We're getting Bobby RYAN! THEN we'll sign Weber AND Suter.

What? Pat Kane? YEAH! And...we'll still sign Weber and Suter!

What's a salary cap?

We will have Pronger on LTIR and we will trade away James vanBustdyk's salary, so basically we'll have enough left to make Luongo our backup too.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have Pronger on LTIR and we will trade away James vanBustdyk's salary, so basically we'll have enough left to make Luongo our backup too.

I remember when Pronger was the savior. Now there are two guys on the back end that are better than he is healthy. No matter who they pickup, they are getting better.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't add Pronger to the LTIR until the season starts, right? So you can't really allocate his money until that point. I think. The Flyers have 20 players on the roster, and $9M in space. If they moved JvR they add $4.25 to that space. Still have to resign Carle and Voracek (I assume). So, take about 6 million (no idea what Carle's looking for) for those two? Maybe more? Yeah, you guys have a good amount of wiggle room, no doubt. But not Weber/Suter in addition to trading for one of those big names type room. Of course a trade moves salary, but still.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Pronger was the savior. Now there are two guys on the back end that are better than he is healthy. No matter who they pickup, they are getting better.

I wouldnt say that, Shero may talk Homer into a Paul Martin deal. :)

(I can't talk about bad contracts, Bryz and Pronger signed for eternity :L)

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't add Pronger to the LTIR until the season starts, right? So you can't really allocate his money until that point. I think. The Flyers have 20 players on the roster, and $9M in space. If they moved JvR they add $4.25 to that space. Still have to resign Carle and Voracek (I assume). So, take about 6 million (no idea what Carle's looking for) for those two? Maybe more? Yeah, you guys have a good amount of wiggle room, no doubt. But not Weber/Suter in addition to trading for one of those big names type room. Of course a trade moves salary, but still.

I think you can still go over by 10% during the offseason.

Homer has made it appear like Carle will be a discount when he is likely signed, and I would consider that from 4-4.5. In all my rosters I have gave Voracek 3.5, which I would say is pretty fair. I dont see Suter or Weber happening, and at the most we sign Wideman or Garrison. (Then again with all these rumors a dman could be on the block tomorrow)

Outside of these rumors, I want Travis Moen. That is my big move this offseason. :)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can still go over by 10% during the offseason.

Homer has made it appear like Carle will be a discount when he is likely signed, and I would consider that from 4-4.5. In all my rosters I have gave Voracek 3.5, which I would say is pretty fair. I dont see Suter or Weber happening, and at the most we sign Wideman or Garrison. (Then again with all these rumors a dman could be on the block tomorrow)

Outside of these rumors, I want Travis Moen. That is my big move this offseason. :)

The thing I DON'T understand from these fans is this: do you really need more offense? I mean, when I watched the playoffs I didn't see that as an issue really. I'd be much more nervous as a Pens fan if Philly signed a great Dman than if they traded for Rick Nash. Don't get me wrong, Nash is good, but I really do think his peak years are behind him (watch him score 50 goals this year...). I mean, it's the same thing with Pens fans. WE NEED A WINGER! WINNNNGER! GET A WINGER! Yes, a winger would be nice, but the best interest of this team is to get a shutdown guy on the back end. Or to just replace Paul Martin by whatever means possible.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@Aportzline
"@DoughertyJ: @Aportzline Is it odd to you that Howson is addressing media after meeting with Resnick?" / nope. Both scheduled days ago.

Nevermind? Apparently not a big deal as I first assumed.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, is it bad that a small part (maybe not just a small part) wants Staal traded merely because I'm addicted to the thrill of trades? Seriously, I get so pumped up when new players come into the team. And I say Staal merely because I know he'd garner the biggest return, unlike say...Martin. Though I'd be equally excited to see that cap hit disappear. Speaking of Martin: most "insiders" say there are actually many interested in his services, but the biggest hurdle is his NTC.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I DON'T understand from these fans is this: do you really need more offense? I mean, when I watched the playoffs I didn't see that as an issue really. I'd be much more nervous as a Pens fan if Philly signed a great Dman than if they traded for Rick Nash. Don't get me wrong, Nash is good, but I really do think his peak years are behind him (watch him score 50 goals this year...). I mean, it's the same thing with Pens fans. WE NEED A WINGER! WINNNNGER! GET A WINGER! Yes, a winger would be nice, but the best interest of this team is to get a shutdown guy on the back end. Or to just replace Paul Martin by whatever means possible.

That is another reason to be skeptical. If we are trading a guy like JVR, should we really burn him on a player that we dont even need? Nash with Giroux would be disgusting, but we simply need defense. Not to mention that we are going to need a Timonen replacment as soon as next offseason. We have all discussed drafting a defenseman 1st round this year, but even so he will be a few years away from contributing to what we need. If I am Homgren, I am looking around to league for a solid guy that noone is talking about.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@Aportzline
"@DoughertyJ: @Aportzline Is it odd to you that Howson is addressing media after meeting with Resnick?" / nope. Both scheduled days ago.

Nevermind? Apparently not a big deal as I first assumed.

As soon as the PC was announced twitter rumors went

Nash for JVR and Bobrovski and pieces

Then follow up with trades coming three way between Florida, Toronto an Vancouver with Luongo biggest piece

Lol

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is another reason to be skeptical. If we are trading a guy like JVR, should we really burn him on a player that we dont even need? Nash with Giroux would be disgusting, but we simply need defense. Not to mention that we are going to need a Timonen replacment as soon as next offseason. We have all discussed drafting a defenseman 1st round this year, but even so he will be a few years away from contributing to what we need. If I am Homgren, I am looking around to league for a solid guy that noone is talking about.

And this is why fans aren't GMs. I'm sure Homer is thinking more along those lines too. I doubt he looks at the losses in the Pitt series or the second round and says "Damn, I wish we had that extra punch up front. 10 goals or bust!" Also, in this draft, I don't think there are too many guys that are 0-2 years from the NHL. There's always some surprises, but it seems like D take a bit longer to form too. Seriously...the Pens need to move some of their D, we have 2 very very capable young guns that are going to push for spots. Despres always gets the hype, but I think Joe Morrow could be better.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NHL_Oilers: GM Steve Tambellini to address the media at the Renaissance Hotel in Pittsburgh in 15 minutes.

Translation - nothing is happening we need attention

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as the PC was announced twitter rumors went

Nash for JVR and Bobrovski and pieces

Then follow up with trades coming three way between Florida, Toronto an Vancouver with Luongo biggest piece

Lol

JvR is like the Philly Martin, isn't he? Had a great year last year, rough one this season, and somehow magically comes with great return. WHY THE HECK WOULD CBUS MAKE THAT TRADE? I don't think some people stop and think about these things. Also, I honestly think CBus would need to be blown away by a Philly deal. I imagine they're not the happiest about the Carter trade.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NHL_Oilers: GM Steve Tambellini to address the media at the Renaissance Hotel in Pittsburgh in 15 minutes.

Translation - nothing is happening we need attention

"Hey guys! Remember us? We have the first overall pick you know. It's pretty cool, yeah. Everyone wants to be in our situation...*Dean Lombardi yells "Not really!"*"

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Landing in PIT in 30 mins. Last yr, day before draft, landed in Minny from Vegas, and 5 mins later PHI traded Richards/Carter. #justsayin

I'm seriously feeling somethings gonna happen...over anxious here. AHHHH!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@D_LEED
Pierre LeBrun reported two days ago that the Flyers "very aggressive" in their attempt to pry Nash from Columbus. He was dead-on.

@D_LEED
I just didn't think the Flyers were being that aggressive, at the time, but after speaking with people close to the situation, it's true.

Maybe I overestimate Homer. There has to be a goalie involved, and somehow I can't see CBus wanting Bobrovsky as their starter. Who knows. I'd rather them not get him, but like I said, if this hurts their D, go for it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@emptynetters
Canucks have "entertained calls on both our goaltenders."

Sehr interessant.