• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Trade Thread: Draft Edition

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Nash trade talks heating up ahead of NHL Draft

The market for Columbus Blue Jackets winger Rick Nash is heating up ahead of next week's NHL Draft.

According to the Columbus Dispatch, as many as seven teams have had 'significant discussions' with the club in the last 10 days about acquiring Nash.

The report adds that the New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks, Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Carolina Hurricanes are among the teams that have expressed interest.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, I can't believe the Flyers and Rangers are targeting a top-tier free agent.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Toronto is thrown into every trade rumour involving a big name player...

/I thought you said we didn't have any high priced talent?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, I can't believe the Flyers and Rangers are targeting a top-tier free agent.

actually Im surprised unless they are trying somehow to unload Brzy by throwing in some top tier prospects and taking Mason back.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash would be a great fit for Philly. They may have to give up too much for him. Not a good move IMO.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think the Sharks have enough to trade for Nash, but even if they did I'd rather see the Sharks concentrate on Parise since you know he can be had for nothing. After all this time I don't think DWil understands the concept of free agency.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think the Sharks have enough to trade for Nash, but even if they did I'd rather see the Sharks concentrate on Parise since you know he can be had for nothing. After all this time I don't think DWil understands the concept of free agency.

One could contend that he knows it all too well and doesn't care to bid. Can you imagine the nuclear holocaust of reactions from Shark fans if he actually shelled out what it would take to get him?

That said, of course it would be better to get a 7+ mil guy (and a faster, better fit at that) without trading away pieces, but since a few core guys would have to be traded away for cap space after signing a guy for that much anyway...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Sharks, stay away from Nash. You can trade him his good buddy though. :)

Here's what the Sharks should do on draft day.....trade Thornton to the Blue Jackets for Johansen and the 2nd overall pick and draft Ryan Murray. Sign Zach Parise and make him Captain.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn and Couturier are off the table. Especially Couturier. Build it around JVR.

Overpayment just wont be worth it though. His salary is disgusting, and we dont really need scoring.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Sharks, stay away from Nash. You can trade him his good buddy though. :)

Here's what the Sharks should do on draft day.....trade Thornton to the Blue Jackets for Johansen and the 2nd overall pick and draft Ryan Murray. Sign Zach Parise and make him Captain.

I'd be down to trade Thornton for Johanssen and the 2nd overall but I'm not sure why Columbus would do that.

Either way I would rather Doug sign Parise than trade for Nash.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Nash and Parise go to the same team, Miami Heat style.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could contend that he knows it all too well and doesn't care to bid. Can you imagine the nuclear holocaust of reactions from Shark fans if he actually shelled out what it would take to get him?

That said, of course it would be better to get a 7+ mil guy (and a faster, better fit at that) without trading away pieces, but since a few core guys would have to be traded away for cap space after signing a guy for that much anyway...

I'd prefer a bloated contract for Parise than for the Sharks to trade away what little value is left of their gutted farm system and another first round pick for Nash.

Actually what I'd really prefer is for the Sharks to go into blowup mode and do an entire team rebuild, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn and Couturier are off the table. Especially Couturier. Build it around JVR.

Overpayment just wont be worth it though. His salary is disgusting, and we dont really need scoring.

One of them would probably be in the deal. Probably Schenn. Columbus is going to want offense in return. JVR, Schenn, Mezsaros, & probably the Flyers 1st round pick. Now that it's been reported that JVR doesn't need surgery a deal could possibly be made.

I still think Nash ends up with the Rangers. It makes too much sense. Parise has already said he won't play for them. Gaborik is going to miss at least the first month of the season. The Rangers need a goal scorer to compliment Gaborik as it is. The Rangers have the players & prospects to make the deal happen.

I think San Jose would be stupid to go after Nash. Who are they going to give up?? Couture, Pavelski, Vlasic, Niemi. Sorry it doesn't make sense too me.

Carolina has a lot of young defenseman. They have Skinner & a bunch of young forwards who haven't developed. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I just don't see them giving up Skinner in a package deal for Nash. The Hurricanes match up better with the Penguins for Jordan Staal. The Pens need help on the blueline & Carolina can easily provide it. The BJ's want offense.

I could easily see Toronto making a deal happen. Grabovski, MacArthur & any number of young guys. They also have the 5th pick in the draft. I don't expect it to happen though. What I do expect is Burke making an attempt to get both Yakupov & Galchenyuk like he did with the Sedin twins. I don't think it will happen, but Toronto has depth on defense & that's the Oilers #1 need.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staal_iginla_luongo_nash_640_640.jpg

Brophy on NHL: Could Jordan Staal, Jarome Iginla, Roberto Luongo and Rick Nash and all be moved?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Iggy gets moved is if he goes to management and says, "Trade me!". I just don't see that happening, he likes it in Calgary and wants to see it through to the end. I don't think he and Brent Sutter saw eye-to-eye and with the Flames bringing Gelinas in as an assistant coach, I think Iggy's going to be rejuvenated.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Iggy gets moved is if he goes to management and says, "Trade me!". I just don't see that happening, he likes it in Calgary and wants to see it through to the end. I don't think he and Brent Sutter saw eye-to-eye and with the Flames bringing Gelinas in as an assistant coach, I think Iggy's going to be rejuvenated.

I agree. Iggy is the only 1 of the 4 who won't be traded.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Staal for Bryzgalov. Addresses both teams needs - the Penguins need a better goalie than Fleury, and the Flyers need to get rid of Bryzgalov.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of them would probably be in the deal. Probably Schenn. Columbus is going to want offense in return. JVR, Schenn, Mezsaros, & probably the Flyers 1st round pick. Now that it's been reported that JVR doesn't need surgery a deal could possibly be made.

I would expect Schenn too. As much as I love him it is Couturier who is the untouchable behind Giroux. JVR as stated is obviously in any deal. And the first. Mez can be moved as well, it just makes zero sense. Ed Snider himself said that upgrading defense is this offseason's goal. Meszaros can be moved (And is certainly most likely.), but it is really a lateral movement at best. Suter is not coming here, and the already unlikely Weber acquisition does not happen after this trade as we would have used up all the players and picks we would have used.

Jordan Staal for Bryzgalov. Addresses both teams needs - the Penguins need a better goalie than Fleury, and the Flyers need to get rid of Bryzgalov.

Hey.

No.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol