• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Trade Thread: Draft Edition

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Iggy gets moved is if he goes to management and says, "Trade me!". I just don't see that happening, he likes it in Calgary and wants to see it through to the end. I don't think he and Brent Sutter saw eye-to-eye and with the Flames bringing Gelinas in as an assistant coach, I think Iggy's going to be rejuvenated.

i have to say I dont like the new coaching team in Calgary Dash.

thats a good thing for you :)

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Sharks, stay away from Nash. You can trade him his good buddy though. :)

Here's what the Sharks should do on draft day.....trade Thornton to the Blue Jackets for Johansen and the 2nd overall pick and draft Ryan Murray. Sign Zach Parise and make him Captain.

From your keyboard to God's ears. Although I prefer to sign Langkow and Doan to play with Nash. Big Momma would be okay too.

Keep two things in mind when citing the Columbus Dispatch as a source in your Nash rumors;
1) They own 10% of the team and have approximately 6,846 ads on their home page. It pays in a number of ways to have people talking.
2) Their main writer is an overzealous twatwaffle with the comprehension skills of Craig MacTavish if he had down's syndrome who wants nothing more than by-lines so he can get a job anywhere else.

Rick Nash has stayed in Columbus this offseason, not listed his house for sale, is working out with RJ Umberger, Jack Johnson and VinnyProps daily at the Arena and has had several meetings with Craig Patrick and the owners.

He has final say. The Jackets could make a deal and he can still say no. He made a list of teams he would "Consider". Not a carte blanche "ok, do it" list. Can you imagine the Jackets working it out on draft day and him saying "nah"? Well, he CAN. Rumor is he already has.

He.
Wants.
To.
Stay.

Management told him they were going to rebuild and he said if it makes it easier, he'd waive the clause. They changed to a "re-tooling" approach.

If he gets moved it's because management has finally pissed him off beyond return and he says okay. As yet, it has not gotten there. Yet.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand the Nash SportsHoopla (heh heh heh)...I've never gotten the inkling he wants to leave really. Not *really*, just the rumors. Cbus is a dang nice town.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand the Nash SportsHoopla (heh heh heh)...I've never gotten the inkling he wants to leave really. Not *really*, just the rumors. Cbus is a dang nice town.

And he's damn near a God here. Why would he go to New York where being seen in the wrong pizza joint will get you death threats or Toronto where one errant pass will brand you overrated for life? Or Philly where fuck you, that's why.

But alas, there is still time for Howson to blow this.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's damn near a God here. Why would he go to New York where being seen in the wrong pizza joint will get you death threats or Toronto where one errant pass will brand you overrated for life? Or Philly where fuck you, that's why.

There's something to be said about being respected in a city. Luckily CBus is mostly OSU obsessed, so I'm sure the guy can about his life without much bother. Heck, that's one thing Pittsburgh's been prided on...we let our athlete's live their lives. The media may have a field day with them, but if they're walking down the street, maybe just a wave.

Unrelated note:

@RobRossi_Trib
Also continue to hear that @nhl_canes will go BIG after Staal, offering multiple players -but deal wouldn't have to wrap at #NHLDraft2012

That'd be an interesting trade partner...I know they have a lot of young D, not sure what the Pens would ask for in return. Skinner too much? Yes? Okay...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey fuck you.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus needs goaltending.. badly. I see something in the works involving that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*jaw on floor*

This is merely a rumor, but hell, what are message boards for?

To CAR: Jordan Staal, Paul Martin (PRAISE THE LORD HALLELUJAH!)
To PIT: Justin Faulk, Brandon Sutter (We'd get our own Sutter!), 8th overall in 2012.

Best deal I've seen. Of course, it's a rumor, so no duh it sounds awesome.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*jaw on floor*

To PIT: Justin Faulk, Brandon Sutter (We'd get our own Sutter!), 8th overall in 2012.

YEah, no.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*jaw on floor*

Jimmy Rutherford would have to be fall down drunk to make that deal...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Rutherford would have to be fall down drunk to make that deal...

Yeah I know, hahaha. The funny thing is how Pens fans (the NHL12 GM types) wanted more from that. Sorry, if that deal was actually on the table, pretty sure it'd have already happened.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be down to trade Thornton for Johanssen and the 2nd overall but I'm not sure why Columbus would do that.

Either way I would rather Doug sign Parise than trade for Nash.

Because as good as Johansen has looked, he's still only "potential" until he does it on a consistent basis. Also, Thornton and Nash are really good friends (played together in Switzerland during the lockout), so he'd have some internal pull as well if Nash would want Thornton on the team. The 2nd overall pick, once again is "potential". Thornton is a bona-fide, #1 Center who is only 32 and Columbus doesn't have to worry about the Salary Cap like the Sharks do. He'd turn Columbus into a borderline playoff team.

I agree, I like Parise overall better as a player, and he wouldn't cost any assets. If they are/were that intent on getting Nash, just give yourself a $7.8M budget to sign Parise (and trade off Murray, Clowe and Niemi). If Howson is insistent on getting Couture (and I don't blame him), he might as well cross the Sharks off of prospective trade partners.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because as good as Johansen has looked, he's still only "potential" until he does it on a consistent basis. Also, Thornton and Nash are really good friends (played together in Switzerland during the lockout), so he'd have some internal pull as well if Nash would want Thornton on the team. The 2nd overall pick, once again is "potential". Thornton is a bona-fide, #1 Center who is only 32 and Columbus doesn't have to worry about the Salary Cap like the Sharks do. He'd turn Columbus into a borderline playoff team.

I agree, I like Parise overall better as a player, and he wouldn't cost any assets. If they are/were that intent on getting Nash, just give yourself a $7.8M budget to sign Parise (and trade off Murray, Clowe and Niemi). If Howson is insistent on getting Couture (and I don't blame him), he might as well cross the Sharks off of prospective trade partners.

I think it would be closer to Thornton & #17 pick for Johansen & #2 pick (maybe another pick or prospect from Columbus if needed). I don't think Columbus will want to go without a first round pick.

In this fantasy scenario who centers the first line?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be closer to Thornton & #17 pick for Johansen & #2 pick (maybe another pick or prospect from Columbus if needed). I don't think Columbus will want to go without a first round pick.

In this fantasy scenario who centers the first line?

I respectfully disagree Slim. Think about it, Columbus wants Couture, Demers and a 1st for Nash. Thornton plays a more important position and has a lower cap hit than Nash. The only Columbus fan on here (43.....if I read him correctly) said he'd make that trade. People over-value draft picks like crazy. I'm pretty sure that Johansen will be a good NHL player, but I don't know for sure. Much like I don't know if the 2nd overall pick will be a good NHLer or Alexander Daigle. Either way, it wouldn't matter unless Joe asked for a trade which isn't happening. I was just messing because I'm tired of Marleau and Thornton, lol.

I'd use Marleau/Pavelski as the 1st line center and Couture/Johansen as the 2nd line center in this fantasy scenario.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Staal for Bryzgalov. Addresses both teams needs - the Penguins need a better goalie than Fleury, and the Flyers need to get rid of Bryzgalov.

100! :ipw: (thousand rep)

Ray Shero said on NHL Live that he's telling other GM's Staal is NOT available. The Penguins are going to try to sign him to an extension.

You know, every year I look at that franchise and think, "There is no way that having that much money in just your top 3 centers can work; the Pens are screwed, woo-HOO!" And every year they make the playoffs and usually go on a decent run and/or win the Cup. Of course, every year I look at the Devils and think, "Holy cow, Brodeur can't be any good any more, right?"

So the moral of the story is that I'm a complete moron when it comes to hockey, I guess.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolts, that doesn't surprise me. And I believe him 100%, but that won't stop teams from calling and putting offers on the table...and Shero would be nuts to turn down that ridiculous rumored offer.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100! :ipw: (thousand rep)

You know, every year I look at that franchise and think, "There is no way that having that much money in just your top 3 centers can work; the Pens are screwed, woo-HOO!" And every year they make the playoffs and usually go on a decent run and/or win the Cup. Of course, every year I look at the Devils and think, "Holy cow, Brodeur can't be any good any more, right?"

So the moral of the story is that I'm a complete moron when it comes to hockey, I guess.

Meh, just like every year I look at the Flyers and think "their goaltending will let 'em down again." And that mostly happens, but not all the time! Heh heh heh. Seriously though, that's just being a rival fan. It's either think negatively or get angry.