• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Trade Thread: Draft Edition

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
From what I saw of Reinhart during the Memorial Cup I thought of Ty Wishart. I really hope I'm wrong. He's 6'4 205LBs, but I didn't notice him hitting anyone out their. I'm not saying he's got to be a physical force all the time, but a mean streak now & then would be nice. I'm really not sure what his upside is. I imagine you know much more about him than I do. Please fill me in.

his dad was a pussy, too :D

basically how I judge high end prospects is by their ability to control a game.
Reinhart has that more than any other D I have seen from this draft class (I haven't seen enough or Reilly or Trouba). Tough to describe the attributes, but he can control the puck out of his zone, and run the plays at the the other end. He's got good vision, and his shot gets through.
I really think you'll be happy with him - but don't expect him to destroy guys.

Dumba can change a game with a massive hit, but he is 5'11, 185. Not sure he will be as destructive against grown men, even if he adds another 20 lbs (he already has a pretty stocky looking frame).

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his dad was a pussy, too :D

basically how I judge high end prospects is by their ability to control a game.
Reinhart has that more than any other D I have seen from this draft class (I haven't seen enough or Reilly or Trouba). Tough to describe the attributes, but he can control the puck out of his zone, and run the plays at the the other end. He's got good vision, and his shot gets through.
I really think you'll be happy with him - but don't expect him to destroy guys.

Dumba can change a game with a massive hit, but he is 5'11, 185. Not sure he will be as destructive against grown men, even if he adds another 20 lbs (he already has a pretty stocky looking frame).

One of my favorite Islanders was 5'11 & he destroyed people on a nightly basis. He was feared. Al Arbour actually said Darius Kasparaitis scared the Penguins the year they beat them in the playoffs. He intimidated the Penguins. It's not about size it's about desire & a willingness to compete. It didn't hurt Kaspar that he played with a reckless abandon. He hated to lose so much that after Russia lost in a tournament game before he was drafted he took a swing at his teams goalie.:D:

Dumba not only likes to hit, but he can flat out get it done on the offensive end. Something Kasparaitis wasn't known for. From what I heard tonight he just needs to calm down at times. That will probably come as he matures.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington did a good job securing a second line center, and Dallas get a good job slightly dropping their percentage of filthy rat bitches.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have a Subban?

:L

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have a Subban?

:L

Just wait until his brother signs with you guys in a few years...

22415954.jpg

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really happy for Mikey Matheson (went 23rd) - he grew up in my neighborhood and I coached him in swimming / waterpolo every summer for five or six years. Was a great kid then, sure he is now too. His mom wrote me a reference letter for grad school.

Also, this Jankowski kid is a huge boost for my high school (Stanstead College). It really helped their hockey program getting a kid drafted in the 7th round a few years ago, now a first round pick? That's big... it's just a small school, 200 students.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I know about Forsberg and like the pick. Apparently the reason he dropped is because he is staying in Sweden a year. OK.

What is the deal with this Thomas Wilson. He hits? This is all I can gather. You don't draft a hitting forward in the first round.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am "meh" on Ribeiro..

He seems like he is past his prime and just another Morissonn to me. I don't think that he fits Washington and 5 million is way too much, but it is one year.

Ribeiro = just one more reason to wish nothing but bad things on the Caps :nod:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel okay about seeing Staal go. Have to assume Shero knew Staal didn't intend to sign long-term here, and the concensus seems to be Pitt got a good return. But yeah, good return or not, we're worse off for the upcoming season, unless the 2 million saved going from Staal to Sutter allows us to sign one of Parise / Sutter....

As for Z... looks like a straight salary dump. Would have assumed we could get a bit more from him. Makes me wonder if we can even dump Martin on anybody....

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am "meh" on Ribeiro..

He seems like he is past his prime and just another Morissonn to me. I don't think that he fits Washington and 5 million is way too much, but it is one year.

I was wondering this too

but, what do I know

for all I know, he cold be the spark, the strange missing peice, to take OV to 130 points, who knows.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this Jankowski kid is a huge boost for my high school (Stanstead College). It really helped their hockey program getting a kid drafted in the 7th round a few years ago, now a first round pick? That's big... it's just a small school, 200 students.

I guess he's really shot up in height in the last couple of years and Weisbrod (Flames director of playder development) is really high on him. Compared him to Joe Nieuwendyk (no pressure kid).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I guess he's really shot up in height in the last couple of years and Weisbrod (Flames director of playder development) is really high on him. Compared him to Joe Nieuwendyk (no pressure kid).

Feaster said at the Duthie Desk that his scout (same guy I'm sure) convinced him that in 10 years that this would be the best player from this draft.
And of course Burke said the the guy he took at 5 (Reilly) would have been his first pick overall, too.

So many differing opinions (or spins)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tampa Bay traded Michel Ouelette and their fifth-round pick to Boston in exchange for the rights to Benoit Pouliot.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs trade rights to Jonas Gustavsson to Winnipeg in exchange for conditional 7th-rounder in 2013."

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto trades the rights to Gusstavsson to WPG. Soooo...Pavelic?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, the impact ofthe Staal deal on the Pens will have a lot to do with what is done with this new cap space. If they strike out in the offseason with the big names, they would have been better off letting Staal play out his contract and use him to make a cup run this year. The time is now for them.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn it, we would have taken the monster as a backup.... unless we're finally calling someone up