• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Trade Thread: Draft Edition

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blob says he thinks Suter is the primary target, but also thinks that they're gonna wait until July 1st. There are some good back up options on D if they don't get him...not as many options up front. We'll see. Needs to be next weekend.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know...

Columbus has the money to afford Parise...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington did a good job securing a second line center, and Dallas get a good job slightly dropping their percentage of filthy rat bitches.

I imagine the Stars have a plan, but I have absolutely no idea what it is. They gave up Neal for Goligoski. Now they trade Ribeiro for virtually nothing. I know he's a UFA to be, but considering what Pittsburgh got for Staal Niewy got schooled by McPhee BIG TIME.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the Stars have a plan, but I have absolutely no idea what it is. They gave up Neal for Goligoski. Now they trade Ribeiro for virtually nothing. I know he's a UFA to be, but considering what Pittsburgh got for Staal Niewy got schooled by McPhee BIG TIME.

I think Niewy enjoys being pwnd. Neal AND Niskanen. Nisky is a solid 3/4 D.

Also Eddie: hear the footsteps? Dundundudndun

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think of Grigorenko as the value pick of the first round. The age rumor could hurt, but without he'd be in the top-6 to me.

The more I've read about this kid the more I like him. Great attitude, likes to play a physical game and has good hands. The only reason he didn't go higher was the rush for defensmen. Time will tell because as we all know you can't judge a draft before the player even plays one game.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he's really shot up in height in the last couple of years and Weisbrod (Flames director of playder development) is really high on him. Compared him to Joe Nieuwendyk (no pressure kid).

Hope he works out for you, but we probably won't know for a few years.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought of Parise on Sid's wing is pretty damn attractive (obviously) but I hope Shero goes after Suter first. We have our stud winger now in Neal. Sid has shown he can generate points with Kunitz, Dupuis, whoever. Not what this team really needs. For chrissakes, they led the league by a healthy margin in goals scored without Sid last year, and scoring wasn't the problem in the playoffs.

So the cap space is nice... let's get Suter. If there's enough room / time left over to make a run at Parise, great. If we can trade some of our D prospects for Bobby Ryan, great. But let's focus on D, first. Start by dealing Martin and signing Suter!

Although just read that apparently @randymiller has been tweeting a lot about Crosby and Parise conniving to play together... I guess it would be pretty sick...

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I wasn't the first to post some @randyjmiller quotes, but here's two more to get everyone's head spinning:

So much for #Flyers making run at Zach Parise. From what I hear, he's headed to Penguins. Apparently Parise & Crosby want to play together.

@sarmen25 Many teams want Parise, but heard he wants to go to Pens to play with Crosby. Was told they've been conniving like LeBron and Wade

Apparently Crosby sat with Parise's family in a suite for multiple games during Stanley Cup Final #Flyers

From what I understand, there's no way Lou trades away Parise's rights before July 1st. So Shero can wait on that. But in the meantime, if NSH knows Suter won't sign with them, maybe Shero's connection gets him an inside edge on the negotiating rights for relatively cheap?

The last thing you want is missing out on everybody come July 1st. If Shero can sign Suter, or realizes he can't sign Suter, before July 1st, it gives him an advantage over any GM who might be trying to sign both.

Also, any talk about Ray Whitney? I think he could work here too...

The Staal / Z trades just made July 1st that much more interesting!

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one more (post count yeah!):

Pierre McGuire on TV tonight "Sidney Crosby and Zac Parise are very tight."

Can that man say anything without sexual innuendo? He's like a walking SNL skit.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand everyone wanting Suter, and I agree. But he hasn't made it seem like he wants to come East, but I do think Pittsburgh could work for him. Smaller market and all. If they move Martin...then both is an option. They have $14million in space right now, with about 2-3 in reserve for Niskanen. Moving Martin is huge.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@GotKasparaitis
The #Ducks traded Kunitz and Tangradi to #Pens for Ryan Whitney who was traded for Lubomir Visnovsky who was traded for a '13 2nd round pick

images

Obviously with time that's irrelevant, but still sort of funny.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tweet from LeBrun:

Steve Ott remains in play ... My own personal belief is that he'd be a great fit in Montreal. He's got size and skill, defend some teammates

What about Vancouver?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't pay attention to any hockey news the last several days. We got Ribeiro for Eakin and a 2nd?!? That's fantastic!

Fills a major need.... and maybe we won't have enough money for Semin now!! :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't pay attention to any hockey news the last several days. We got Ribeiro for Eakin and a 2nd?!? That's fantastic!

Fills a major need.... and maybe we won't have enough money for Semin now!! :)

Speaking of Semin, has anyone traded him yet?

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Semin, has anyone traded him yet?

I thought that he'd be gone during the draft. I'd love for him to go to the Flyers. He'd be the perfect fit for any Pens fan.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that he'd be gone during the draft. I'd love for him to go to the Flyers. He'd be the perfect fit for any Pens fan.

Well, he's a UFA, so unless they do a sign and trade, I'd say 50/50 chance he re-signs with the Caps or just signs somewhere else. I'm guessing he's asking for a raise after a lackluster season.

I hope they get this complete fucking waste of space and talent out of here. The only thing that would suck about Semin signing with another team is that he wouldn't be traded during a home game in the middle of the season so we would have a chance to cheer his departure as the announcement comes over the PA system.