• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Trade Thread: Draft Edition

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rossi saying that the Pens could move Despres. That'd have to be for a big player. NO way they move him for anything less than a top 2 D. A very very good one at that.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice avy pix :)

images

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice avy pix :)

images

Hahah, a girl can dream.

@RandyJMiller
Here at NHL Draft hearing Suter is going to sign with Detroit and Parise will go to Penguins #Flyers

Flyers beat writer. Obviously, it's mere speculation on speculation on speculation, seeing as there's still a week until they can even TALK to each other. That said, 24 hours ago, I couldn't even dream this. So, I'm gonna enjoy my little fantastical idea for the moment :)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, everyone needs a little dose of America this morning (and yes I realize the Canadians will counter this with more awesome):

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awwww...now I'm getting even more stinking overanxious. Could have two Olympic heroes. *slaps self* KEEP IT TOGETHER. 8 days. Ugh.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RandyJMiller
Apparently Crosby sat with Parise's family in a suite for multiple games during Stanley Cup Final #Flyers

Oh, yeah...that's gonna help me stay grounded. Read a pretty good article this morning from Abel to Yzerman about the Parise/Suter race. He thought they were both going to the same place (not sure...what the connection is there?), and sincerely thinks it's down to DET/PIT if so.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RandyJMiller
Apparently Crosby sat with Parise's family in a suite for multiple games during Stanley Cup Final #Flyers

Oh, yeah...that's gonna help me stay grounded. Read a pretty good article this morning from Abel to Yzerman about the Parise/Suter race. He thought they were both going to the same place (not sure...what the connection is there?), and sincerely thinks it's down to DET/PIT if so.

was Parise's dad wearing his Rangers hat?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was Parise's dad wearing his Rangers hat?

Ahah! The true reason Zach will never go the Rangers: he has Daddy issues.

Do Flyers fans know the legitimacy of Randy Miller? The dude is seriously writing Parise into the Pens roster right now...he's gotta stop that. STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP. Gotta say though: nothing gets your mind off of JagrWatch like some PariseWatch.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think parise is going to pittsburgh.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahah! The true reason Zach will never go the Rangers: he has Daddy issues.

Do Flyers fans know the legitimacy of Randy Miller? The dude is seriously writing Parise into the Pens roster right now...he's gotta stop that. STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP. Gotta say though: nothing gets your mind off of JagrWatch like some PariseWatch.

he's just as legit as the rest of them.. which is not that legit.. he's probably going of something real though.. i just dont understand how he would know that at this point.. the pens have room, could use a winger, and would probably be an attractive place to play.. so obviously he's going to sign w/ them?

dont worry about parise wanting to be 'the man' and how he 'wont play for a rival' though.. that ruins your retweet count!

a lot of people said he wont resign in jersey because kovalchuk is 'the man'.. they made him captain to try and sway that belief, and it didnt work.. he'd be what, 4th or 5th fiddle on the pens? (cros, malkin, letang, fleury, maybe neal?)

plus, like you said, the pens cant even talk to him right now, how on earth would a flyers beat writer know parise wanted to sign in pittsburgh?

(let it be known that i'm very biased, i'll be ultra pissed if parise signs in pittsburgh. fuck the pens)

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year and this year proved that Kovy is not "the man"

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man eff the kings.. drafting hyka.. another ex-flyer basically..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year and this year proved that Kovy is not "the man"

heh.. the contract and headlines would still say he's 'the man' though i think

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's just as legit as the rest of them.. which is not that legit.. he's probably going of something real though.. i just dont understand how he would know that at this point.. the pens have room, could use a winger, and would probably be an attractive place to play.. so obviously he's going to sign w/ them?

dont worry about parise wanting to be 'the man' and how he 'wont play for a rival' though.. that ruins your retweet count!

a lot of people said he wont resign in jersey because kovalchuk is 'the man'.. they made him captain to try and sway that belief, and it didnt work.. he'd be what, 4th or 5th fiddle on the pens? (cros, malkin, letang, fleury, maybe neal?)

plus, like you said, the pens cant even talk to him right now, how on earth would a flyers beat writer know parise wanted to sign in pittsburgh?

(let it be known that i'm very biased, i'll be ultra pissed if parise signs in pittsburgh. fuck the pens)

I agree that a lot of guys are running with it because of the publicity it gains...but you can't discount what the Pens goal is and that Sid and he are friends. But hey, that doesn't always equate to playing together. Miller even tweeted that they were conniving together ala LeBron/Wade. So, expect an hour long special chronicling Zach's life and achievements on NBCSN.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, as far as being "the man", not sure I buy that. With the Staal thing I can buy it...because Staal was third on the depth chart for centers out of four. Zach would be first on the depth chart for wingers. He'd be on Sid's line if that happened. And maybe the guy, you know, wants to win? Not saying that he wouldn't in NJ or DET, but he'd have to see playing with Sid, Geno, Neal and the gang as quite the opportunity. Of course, not having #9 available may turn him off ;)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, as far as being "the man", not sure I buy that. With the Staal thing I can buy it...because Staal was third on the depth chart for centers out of four. Zach would be first on the depth chart for wingers. He'd be on Sid's line if that happened. And maybe the guy, you know, wants to win? Not saying that he wouldn't in NJ or DET, but he'd have to see playing with Sid, Geno, Neal and the gang as quite the opportunity. Of course, not having #9 available may turn him off ;)

marian. hossa.

:hockeysmile:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i always want guys on my team that want to win more than they want to be 'the man'.. and maybe the stories about parise wanting to be the man are far-fetched.. just saying it's been put out there.. and he's a top-line winger on the devils, so if the stories are true, i dont think that makes the pens appealing with crosby stealing all the headlines, regardless of his injury status

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marian. hossa.

:hockeysmile:

Yeah, how'd that work out for him in the short term? Hahah. And Hossa passed the opportunity to play with Sid, Geno, Staal, etc....sure...to play with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, etc. Oh, and now he plays with Toews and Kane. Not "the man" syndrome there! Haha. Honestly though, do players sincerely feel this way? I often wonder. Personally, I'd want a Cup. I'd want to be a contributing member, sure, but I don't think I'd really care. I'd want. A Cup. Like I said earlier though, just speculation right now. NJ could be inking him as we speak. My gut feeling before rumors started was that he'd resign. Obviously my gut is now biased...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i always want guys on my team that want to win more than they want to be 'the man'.. and maybe the stories about parise wanting to be the man are far-fetched.. just saying it's been put out there.. and he's a top-line winger on the devils, so if the stories are true, i dont think that makes the pens appealing with crosby stealing all the headlines, regardless of his injury status

Some guys like that, not that I can say if I know that's Parise. There's a bit less pressure personally, though there may be more corporately if they were to get him. I also understand that you're gonna try to make it seem impossible in whatever way possible...and that's okay, I'd be doing the same thing. ;)