• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Trade Thread: Draft Edition

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am worried as well..

though, i thought i read somewhere that parise wants to be 'the guy', which means he aint signin in pittsburgh.. so i'm not real worried about parise, but what is he up to?

He also said he refuses to sign with a rival if he is true to his word .......

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that's odd about it: Shero doesn't make these moves without knowing the plan. He doesn't take these HUGE risks...not his M.O. It's actually very bizarre to me.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said he refuses to sign with a rival if he is true to his word .......

Rangers, nothing about the Pens and his Shattuck buddy Sidney ;)

It's a pretty long shot still. I have a feeling Suter is on his list.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*tilts head to side* Not sure...if...serious.

If serious: risky, yes, but I know a lot of people who said similar things about a certain PA team last year.

If not serious: be afeared. :P

Wel Id Say Staal and Michalek trades didnt really fetch you anything that will help you in October, with the exception of Sutter (Who is not as good as Staal)

SO that is how I think you took a step back, but I know Shero has a plan with the plethora of cap space he has which he will likely use correctly to make the Penguins better

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wel Id Say Staal and Michalek trades didnt really fetch you anything that will help you in October, with the exception of Sutter (Who is not as good as Staal)

SO that is how I think you took a step back, but I know Shero has a plan with the plethora of cap space he has which he will likely use correctly to make the Penguins better

this.. they got a great return for staal, but i think it would be a far fetch to say it's a great return for the 2012-13 season

next week or two should be interesting.. could the pens be looking at nash? i wouldn't like that at all.. but lord knows they have enough d-prospects to entice someone to trade

shero is a class act though, moving him where he wanted to go after giving him the option to sign long term.. class to thank him for his time too.. shero is a very good GM, on ice and off

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michalek trade confused the heck out of me. Straight salary dump. Was really hoping Martin would assume that role..but alas, not all perfect. There's seriously NO other feasible reason for those moves though. He's going after a big name.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this.. they got a great return for staal, but i think it would be a far fetch to say it's a great return for the 2012-13 season

next week or two should be interesting.. could the pens be looking at nash? i wouldn't like that at all.. but lord knows they have enough d-prospects to entice someone to trade

I don't think Nash is an option. Don't want that contract, and would cost more than I'd be willing to give up, let alone Shero. Of course, this is Howson we're talking about. Would make the CBus invasion awesome. Dang. Parise/Suter are the first thoughts in my head.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Nash is an option. Don't want that contract, and would cost more than I'd be willing to give up, let alone Shero. Of course, this is Howson we're talking about. Would make the CBus invasion awesome. Dang. Parise/Suter are the first thoughts in my head.

I have one name for you BOBBY RYAN. The Ducks need young D. The Pens have it in SPADES.

I think I should warn you I'm DRUNK now. BARF FUCKED up again!!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Gulitti‏@TGfireandice

Then, Lamoriello joked, "We might not let his father come to watch him play

Lamoriello said name came up in meeting Thurs as to "is it a concern and I said, ‘Absolutely, unequivocally no. A player is a player.’”

Stefan said his father "laughed a little and gave me a hug" after Devils announced the pick.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shero is a class act though, moving him where he wanted to go after giving him the option to sign long term.. class to thank him for his time too.. shero is a very good GM, on ice and off

Shero gets all that class from his dad, obviously. :)

Michalek trade confused the heck out of me. Straight salary dump. Was really hoping Martin would assume that role..but alas, not all perfect. There's seriously NO other feasible reason for those moves though. He's going after a big name.

I do like Michalek, but yeah cant be perfect. I was near having a stroke when Twitter was saying Michalek to Phoenix. Yandle in a Penguins uniform was a scary thought.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Stars are hated on these boards, but I want to say congratulations to the Capitals for making without question the BEST trade of draft day. They got Ribeiro for squat & filled a huge hole. It amazes me how little attention that trade has received. Great move by McPhee. It must be nice to have a competent GM.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one name for you BOBBY RYAN. The Ducks need young D. The Pens have it in SPADES.

I think I should warn you I'm DRUNK now. BARF FUCKED up again!!

*hugs* Love you man. It's okay. It's of course easy for me to say. And I know, that's another option. It's a thought...but once again, more costly in terms of return. We'll see. It is however a safer option in that a trade is for a solidified player, waiting until FA starts is a risk.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, Bobby Ryan looks VERY likely to be a Flyer. If we land him and Yandle, Ill be happier than a pig in shit :)

I am liking this Laughton kid. 3rd line in 5 year of Laughton and Cousins.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, Bobby Ryan looks VERY likely to be a Flyer. If we land him and Yandle, Ill be happier than a pig in shit :)

I am liking this Laughton kid. 3rd line in 5 year of Laughton and Cousins.

I think Yandle is gonna be really pricey. The stuff I've seen from AZ said they turned down a deal that included a top 10 pick and more.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: where did ya hear the Ryan to Philly stuff? Just curious honestly.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Yandle is gonna be really pricey. The stuff I've seen from AZ said they turned down a deal that included a top 10 pick and more.

Interesting, and I guess it is Phoenix pulling the trigger here. No idea why they want to move him. With him, OEl, and Gormley they have a very solid D-core for years to come

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
400!

my only concern is that Pierre mcGuire didn't orgasm when our pick was announced.
it seemed like he had for each of the 25 picks to got first