• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Trade Thread: Draft Edition

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Ott knows a trade might be coming, Sheldon Souray is an alcoholic and David Stern wants to know if he still beats his wife

that is all

Steve Ott ‏@otter2nine
@SSouray is today similar to trade deadline day again? 11:00 uhaul rented 12:00 packed 1:30 Cold Beer 2:00 unpack uhaul... Haha good times

Sheldon Souray ‏@SSouray
@otter2nine ha! More like 9am-cold beer...11am-cold beer....1pm cold beer...3pm- crown royal...5pm...you get the idea, right??!! Ha!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that rat-boy might be on the move as well - Come on Gillis

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive heard a voice of reason ... however Ian Clarke is still the goalie coach for cbj right?

Harrison Mooney ‏@HarrisonMooney
Before laughing at Howson for putting his faith in a Mason/Bobrovsky tandem, remember that we laughed at Phoenix for Smith/LaBarbera.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the Pens will be rather active tonight. Many reports saying their looking for a top pairing defenseman (Oh, hey Yandle, so you're available you say?), and beyond Martin/Michalek (oh, that'd be funny), that Orpik is also available. Not being shopped, but available. Personally, I'm okay with this. Love him, but he's vastly overrated as a defensive defenseman. He's merely a physical defenseman, which often pays off for him, but he was my goat this year.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lol. as this is pick-on-Dreger-day

@DarrenDreger -
Not much closer to do determining Luongo's future this am. Source close to the trade talks says "lots of balls in the air." #TSN

@ThomasDrance -
Really Dreger? "Lots of balls in the air"? With a trade status update that filthy, you might as well just ask @strombone1 for a birthday RT.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas has waived his NTC. But really, how many teams are gonna jump in on that?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive heard a voice of reason ... however Ian Clarke is still the goalie coach for cbj right?

Harrison Mooney ‏@HarrisonMooney
Before laughing at Howson for putting his faith in a Mason/Bobrovsky tandem, remember that we laughed at Phoenix for Smith/LaBarbera.

Clark is the great unknown here. Most of this past season I railed on him for appearing to have blown Mason's confidence and forcing too many changes to his game. Then we learned that Mason basically did all that himself and stopped listening to Clark.

Bobrovsky is certainly not a solution. But as I have been saying if the Jackets D is healthy and not suspended, it's a decent group. Steady, mobile and pretty smart. A goalie with good coverage low and decent rebound control would fit because not a lot of people are going to get around and into the slot for clean shots. Going to be a lot of point shots and garbage. I don't think anyone will argue that Richards is a more defensive minded coach than Laviolette is...

If Bobrovsky thrives on starts and clicks with the team, it might not be so bad. I mean they bailed Mason out and they all apparently hated him.

Ideal? No. I'd much prefer a Bernier/Lehner/Bishop type. A disaster? No.

He's cheap and better than Mason. That's about as good as I can hope for. Get a good value out of this draft, keep Nash and get Doan and Langkow. Goalie won't be as glaring a weakness.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Thomas/Bobrovsky tandem? Well, it certainly covers the political spectrum.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RenLavoieRDS
Tim Thomas waived his no-trade. Still a chance he could play next season. Couple of teams called the Bruins in the last few days.

Very next tweet in my TL

@RealKyper
#SNdraft Despite Thomas waiving his no-trade allowing #Bruins to deal him he still claims it won't changed his mind on taking time off #NHL

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas has waived his NTC. But really, how many teams are gonna jump in on that?

Kypreos says he will still take the year off. what a big fuck you to Boston, its fans and his teammates. sure Ill waive HAHAAHHAAHAHA but Im not playing this year.. HAHAHAHAHAAH so my value will be shit and Ill be a year older next year for maybe 1 year left in my career so I can still get $5M or whatever the fuck it will cost me to stock up on guns, dr pepper and Juggs Magazines.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so wish I was at home for this....gaahhhhh. Although, admittedly, I'd go crazy if I was there and had only my phone for updates on rumors.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kypreos says he will still take the year off. what a big fuck you to Boston, its fans and his teammates. sure Ill waive HAHAAHHAAHAHA but Im not playing this year.. HAHAHAHAHAAH so my value will be shit and Ill be a year older next year for maybe 1 year left in my career so I can still get $5M or whatever the fuck it will cost me to stock up on guns, dr pepper and Juggs Magazines.

That's a Thomas hat trick, matty.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to work...gonna miss out on a lot of the shenanigans. Gar.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobrovsky to Jackets for a second, and two fourths (one next year).

Uh. Okay.