• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and damn Enzo for that soccer mom chant

lol @ AJ's dig at the TNA Asylum

I seriously almost said "Oh snap". Then i realized i was a white male

He could have misspoke. I missed it. He definitely knows what New Japan is called though. It'd be impossible for someone in his position not to I think

Hmm second one tonight

1st was D-bry calling Apollo Crews, Apollo Creed

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also something just clicked with Hitman saying he wasn't watching around Bryan's SummerSlam program in 2013.

Just for context in early 13, Ziggler was as over as anyone on the roster other than Cena, DB, or Punk. He got a reign with the big gold belt which was clearly the B title but was still a heavyweight championship.

Then he got demoted.. A bunch of theories that it was injury related, it was for shittalking Orton in an interview.. nobody knows what happened or why but he got moved down the card even though he put on great matches and the crowd was behind him..

That's all part of the storyline and why it makes sense

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or does the Production staff seem a little bit off tonight

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That it does. I want to meet the Head writer for SD and buy him a drink or two or ten

that was 3. Rubio said Main event was next but it was Natty jumping Carmella
The time element helped but it was a really well written, well booked show.
They gave Ziggler some needed momentum. The Wyatt's feel like a bigger part of the main event scene now even though Bray took the clean pinfall.
Orton/Lesnar and Styles/Cena both had great hype segments for their SS matches.

The Eva Marie entrance/ injury angle was amazing..
It was a really efficient show. It flew by and everything felt of some consequence

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are some kinks (production wise) that well be in time worked out.

Eva angle. It might be me just being a "mark" but i hated it. The whole injury angle just rubbed me the wrong way.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think there are some kinks (production wise) that well be in time worked out.

Eva angle. It might be me just being a "mark" but i hated it. The whole injury angle just rubbed me the wrong way.
I loved the Eva angle. It's from the Paul Heyman playbook of showcasing your talent 's strengths and has hiding their weaknesses. We all got to look at Eva but didn't have to watch her wrestle. Great strategic booking. I love the over the top intro, and now the fake injury. I really like where they're going with the Eva character.

Not sure if these are the production issues for you but they're definitely using experimental camera angles to give the show a new look

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the Eva angle. It's from the Paul Heyman playbook of showcasing your talent 's strengths and has hiding their weaknesses. We all got to look at Eva but didn't have to watch her wrestle. Great strategic booking. I love the over the top intro, and now the fake injury. I really like where they're going with the Eva character.

Not sure if these are the production issues for you but they're definitely using experimental camera angles to give the show a new look

Maybe it was a SN360 thing but i noticed some glitches during the backstage start.

then alot of Mic issues during talking smack. So much that they had to get a new mic

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe your right. Notice she hasn't said a word.

Just how i like my women. Ginger and Quiet ;)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what day and time is Smackdown on?

Already lost interest in this brand split. No matter how much WWE tries to spin it, Smackdown will always be considered the B Show while RAW is the A show.

If I was really following it right now, RAW would be cant miss TV, while Smackdown I may foget to tune in. Maybe that is because RAW has been on Mondays for decades and Smackdown has switched networks and timeslots several times.

Or maybe because during the first brand split Smackdown was nothing by reruns of RAW clips and there was no one interesting on Smackdown but the two big names that kept going for the SD title.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smackdown is live 8-10 every Tuesday on the East Coast. Last night was a good to great show.
Ziggler brought a new intensity to his character. The top guys all delivered.The 2 hour format helps the show a bunch imo. But their biggest advantage to Raw starts in the fall when SD doesn't have head to head competition with the NFL.
Thus far they've done a good job of making the shows feel like 1 and 1A.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Shelton has a torn rotator cuff so that puts him out about 4-6 months.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there is some "stoppin him noooooooooooowwwww!!!!" :drum:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there is some "stoppin him noooooooooooowwwww!!!!" :drum:

14774283.jpg

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SD went from an A- to a D in one week. Cena and AJ not being there hurts but still.. awful

The Eva segment was the only highlight