• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like the WWE was paying attention and agreeing with my posts last week. :nono:
And after 10 mins I feel even more confident in my take that Ziggler was going to bring it since he's been waiting for this chance for yrs. That was a great promo by both guys.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it was a good promo, that should have done a good job of making the crowd emotionally invested. Also, helped that Ambrose came across looking like a total dick.

Should be noted that he basically used my entire argument against him last week during his promo. He acknowledged that he's looked like a total geek for the past year, and that people don't believe he has a legitimate chance at winning. Summerslam could be a new beginning for Ziggler, even if he loses. He just has to look strong in defeat. but...I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

In all honesty, it just shows what a terrible predicament WWE was in after the Draft. Have arguably four of your biggest stars in non-title programs. Ziggler was a borderline terrible choice if you don't take in account that Cena, Lesnar, Orton and Styles were unavailable for title matches. Could also lump Reigns in that group, as they are clearly hitting the reset button with him.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eva Marie's ALL RED everything gimmick for Gimmick of the Year in the WON Awards.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Their transitioning him from a mid carder to a main event match abruptly. But it's not that different when they gave Bryan the title match at SS a couple years back. That whole build up was about how he sucked and didn't deserve the spot and he had to go through a gauntlet match just to keep his spot...

It's all about what Ziggler does with the spot (assuming they don't throw a curve ball and take him out of the match)

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not sure if he's being produced differently or if it's Mauro's influence but JBLs been much better than normal tonight

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews are happy about the brand split, they're getting spotlighted where before they were just another face in the crowded locker room.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he's being produced differently or if it's Mauro's influence but JBLs been much better than normal tonight

JBL has been really good these past few weeks even at the Battleground PPV. In fact both the Raw and SD announce teams have been great these past 2 weeks. Even Michael Cole seems to be killing it on Raw.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their transitioning him from a mid carder to a main event match abruptly. But it's not that different when they gave Bryan the title match at SS a couple years back. That whole build up was about how he sucked and didn't deserve the spot and he had to go through a gauntlet match just to keep his spot...

It's all about what Ziggler does with the spot (assuming they don't throw a curve ball and take him out of the match)

Wasn't really watching back then.

and I agree with Duffman, that the brand split is going to be good to showcase talents that would have just been caught in the middle of pack before.

Also lol at JBL "during AJ's first day in IWGP, he won the IWGP Championship"...the name of the company is NJPW. :L

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and damn Enzo for that soccer mom chant

lol @ AJ's dig at the TNA Asylum

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wasn't really watching back then.

and I agree with Duffman, that the brand split is going to be good to showcase talents that would have just been caught in the middle of pack before.

Also lol at JBL "during AJ's first day in IWGP, he won the IWGP Championship"...the name of the company is NJPW. :L
He said the right title name.

AJs so much better on promos now than TNA.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he didn't. The name of the company is NJPW. The name of their championships are IWGP (International Wrestling Grand Prix, their fictional governing body). Literally, no one calls NJPW, IWGP.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ is getting to be annoying AF.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, he didn't. The name of the company is NJPW. The name of their championships are IWGP (International Wrestling Grand Prix, their fictional governing body). Literally, no one calls NJPW, IWGP.
I heard him say the title but not the company. I could have missed it though

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard him say the title but not the company. I could have missed it though

He said that he won the IWGP (Heavyweight) Championship in his first night in IWGP.

Not a big deal, just something to nitpick at.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He said that he won the IWGP (Heavyweight) Championship in his first night in IWGP.

Not a big deal, just something to nitpick at.
He could have misspoke. I missed it. He definitely knows what New Japan is called though. It'd be impossible for someone in his position not to I think

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews are happy about the brand split, they're getting spotlighted where before they were just another face in the crowded locker room.

I don't know Apollo Crews. I know Apollo Creed