• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD went from an A- to a D in one week. Cena and AJ not being there hurts but still.. awful

The Eva segment was the only highlight
I agree, they are killing it with Eva right now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD went from an A- to a D in one week. Cena and AJ not being there hurts but still.. awful

The Eva segment was the only highlight

The Miz and Maryse bit with Renee was funny but then they go and ruin it with later on pairing Miz with Scooby Doo :L

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it certainly doesn't help when Cena, AJ, Apollo Crews, & The Uso's are booked for the Australian/NZ house shows and couldn't be there. Given those tickets were sold well before the brand split you can't just screw over those fans. I thought the show was about a B- an not like it would've made it an A but I could've seen a solid B if they were there.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miz and Maryse bit with Renee was funny but then they go and ruin it with later on pairing Miz with Scooby Doo :L
What was up with Scooby stealing Miz's car? Was a wrestler in the costume??? Cause if so it sounds like The Bunny Part II.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was up with Scooby stealing Miz's car? Was a wrestler in the costume??? Cause if so it sounds like The Bunny Part II.
A WWE Scooby-Doo movie comes out today, the skit was just promotional I'm sure. I doubt anything will be mentioned about it going forward.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A WWE Scooby-Doo movie comes out today, the skit was just promotional I'm sure. I doubt anything will be mentioned about it going forward.
I certainly hope not but it just seemed strange to me that a man in a dog costume stole a wrestler's car. Hopefully I was just reading too much into it and we never hear about it again. At least until the next WWE promoted Scooby Doo movie.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE Creative is still just fucking awful.

I am going to bring up an example and you probably didn't notice because you probably took a piss break when she came out.

But, what the fuck are they thinking with the way they are presenting Carmella to the audience?

I think they are trying to push her as a babyface but they have given her the personality of an annoying ass heel! She comes out talking this stupid shit and you just wish she would just shut the fuck up already!

That is not how you push new talent that is supposed to be a babyface.

Fucking idiots!

It's already hard enough to get a female over to an audience and then you totally botch how you present her?

At this rate, judging by the don't give a fuck reaction the audience has given her, Carmella will be future endeavored before Summer Slam 2017.

And it will be 100% the fault of the idiots in WWE Creative.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE Creative is still just fucking awful.

I am going to bring up an example and you probably didn't notice because you probably took a piss break when she came out.

But, what the fuck are they thinking with the way they are presenting Carmella to the audience?

I think they are trying to push her as a babyface but they have given her the personality of an annoying ass heel! She comes out talking this stupid shit and you just wish she would just shut the fuck up already!

That is not how you push new talent that is supposed to be a babyface.

Fucking idiots!

It's already hard enough to get a female over to an audience and then you totally botch how you present her?

At this rate, judging by the don't give a fuck reaction the audience has given her, Carmella will be future endeavored before Summer Slam 2017.

And it will be 100% the fault of the idiots in WWE Creative.

She's doing the exact same thing as Enzo and Cas are so no they're not making her come out as an annoying heel. She is literally acting no different than she was in NXT where she was over so it's not WWE creative who are screwing her.

Her act isn't clicking yet but that's what happens when you debut a new character, it doesn't always hit 100% on the first night, it will take some but the worst thing they can do is change it up before the audience has a chance to really get invested.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ambrose and Ziggler are telling such a great story in their promos. Top notch stuff..

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A bit of a hiccup last week but Smackdown is such a better show than Raw right now

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Awesome show tonight. JBL put over the entire SD roster.. He's definitely being produced differently on this show....

Best part of the show was Cena standing tall at the end. Increases the chance AJ wins at SS.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"From Concord, California comes the most stylish, elegant, bewitching, eternally beguiling, continuously charismatic, and fantastically fascinating woman to appear in this, or any arena. All red everything herself, Eva Marie!........has been delayed due to traffic, and will be unable to compete."

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Eva segment has become one of the must see moments of wrestling each week. The booking of Eva and Slater is genius. Three weeks ago they were both close to irrelevant to me as characters and now they're appointment TV. Slater's backstage promo with DB and Shane was gold.

Now's time for the hyperbole. I thought last night was ECW/Attitude Era level. Everything worked. A+ show imo

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eva segment has become one of the must see moments of wrestling each week. The booking of Eva and Slater is genius. Three weeks ago they were both close to irrelevant to me as characters and now they're appointment TV. Slater's backstage promo with DB and Shane was gold.

Now's time for the hyperbole. I thought last night was ECW/Attitude Era level. Everything worked. A+ show imo

Call me old fashioned but still not digging the whole Eva storyline for two reasons:

A) It has been done before( Fandango in 2013)
B) IMO it is just stupid.

But on the other hand (contueracting b) it seems brilliant because it gives eva camera time without showing her HUGE flaw which is her wrestling ability.

Slater bit was peer genius.

Opening was gold. Like the whole show.

Corbin/Kasilito angle just needs to be in the ring

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there's this. Interesting that the used her real name.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there's this. Interesting that the used her real name.

Just about to post it. This begs for conspiracy theories

giphy.gif

Now to my post. 1st off like me say something that you may know. Bevis and Del Rio are a Real Life Couple

Now to the Dirt Sheet part

August 8, 2016

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer added Paige is also dealing with “other issues” outside of her injuries, and some higher ups in WWE were concerned about her future in the company.

There had been speculation that Paige’s injuries might not be real, and that they are a cover up for the “other issues” she is dealing with

Backstage News on Whether or Not Paige's Reported Injuries Are a Cover Up For Other Issues

While WWE star Paige is currently out of action due to an injury, there are other behind-the-scenes issues that she reportedly has working against her, with many believing Paige and her real life boyfriend Alberto Del Rio were split up in the WWE Draft because of heat from officials.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, just a few weeks back insiders in the company were very worried about her status.

Even More on Paige's WWE Status, Report of "Significant Problems"

Which begs the questions too much other issues or she got caught?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Now to my post. 1st off like me say something that you may know. Bevis and Del Rio are a Real Life Couple

Now to the Dirt Sheet part

Backstage News on Whether or Not Paige's Reported Injuries Are a Cover Up For Other Issues

Even More on Paige's WWE Status, Report of "Significant Problems"

Which begs the questions too much other issues or she got caught?

My guess those two have been engaging in some crazy cocaine fueled bedroom romps. With Paige, that must be AMAZING. Sign me up