• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scripted or not, The Miz just TYRANNOSAURUS REKT Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack.

RIP Daniel
That was brutal. Between the ending of Nak/Joe, Brock/Orton and that promo WWE has done a great job with blurring the lines of reality this week.
Also, the Stephanie/HHH regime did nothing but humiliate the roster. The authority figures should be there to put the talent over. DB made Miz look legit tough.Miz killed it. He put everything into that promo.It was the best talking segment the WWE has done in awhile.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think what Daniel Bryan meant to say was that AJ Styles was automatically the Number 1 contender and if he won it would stay that way but if Ziggler won it would be a triple threat match. But he did a terrible job saying that.
Yeah he flubbed a line which isn't the end of the world. But when it's about the main event of the night and the next PPV one of the announcers should have clarified it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE Creative is still just fucking awful.

I am going to bring up an example and you probably didn't notice because you probably took a piss break when she came out.

But, what the fuck are they thinking with the way they are presenting Carmella to the audience?

I think they are trying to push her as a babyface but they have given her the personality of an annoying ass heel! She comes out talking this stupid shit and you just wish she would just shut the fuck up already!

That is not how you push new talent that is supposed to be a babyface.

Fucking idiots!

It's already hard enough to get a female over to an audience and then you totally botch how you present her?

At this rate, judging by the don't give a fuck reaction the audience has given her, Carmella will be future endeavored before Summer Slam 2017.

And it will be 100% the fault of the idiots in WWE Creative.

And now she's a heel.

Sure, by extenuating circumstances but I think it is better for her at Smackdown as the audience cared two shits for her as a babyface.

Her attack on Niki combined with the trash talking persona she already had will get her more than she had gotten so far when it comes to crowd reaction.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WWE fined Brock $500 for going over the line at Sumerslam. How's the guy supposed to make a living paying such punitive fines??? :D :D :D

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And now she's a heel.

Sure, by extenuating circumstances but I think it is better for her at Smackdown as the audience cared two shits for her as a babyface.

Her attack on Niki combined with the trash talking persona she already had will get her more than she had gotten so far when it comes to crowd reaction.

They followed it up with a good Bella/Carmella segment on Talking Smack.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They followed it up with a good Bella/Carmella segment on Talking Smack.

I missed that one. I saw the Daniel Bryan-Miz segment. Damn! That was some of Miz's best work! I wonder if the Bella-Carmella segment will be on YouTube.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt WWE ever has him wrestle again because for 1 they take head injures very seriously and 2 they wouldn't let him back even when he found about 5 doctors to clear him. Usually stuff like brain injuries don't go away and heal over time like other injures so if WWE was serious about having him wrestle again they never would have forced him to retire in the first place.

The only thing I can see Bryan doing in the ring is getting physical doing certain spots like HBK and Ric Flair have but I don't ever see him wrestling ever again.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Forbes is one of those sites like Bleacher Report that has legitimate articles and fan articles on the same platform.

Before places like Wrestlinginc and Wrestlezone published that report I hope they verified the author of it was legit.

Assuming he clears medical protocol a DB return would be amazing. Nakamura, Owens, AJ. Zayn, Finn, Joe, Neville.. a bunch of dream matches.. some happened on the indies but none on a big stage like WWE... I feel like there's more guys who can work on Bryan's level than at any other point of his WWE career

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Headbangers are booked for this Tuesday's Smackdown Live broadcast in Dallas, Texas, the team's first appearance for the company since 2000.

They will probably just be there to put Slater & Rhyno over but it should be good for a little nostalgia.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will probably just be there to put Slater & Rhyno over but it should be good for a little nostalgia.

Can't wait to hear the crickets on that return. Seriously, wtf? They were barely over in the 90s and had a short run at best

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to hear the crickets on that return. Seriously, wtf? They were barely over in the 90s and had a short run at best

They're back for probably 1 appearance so it really doesn't hurt anything. SD needed another team for their tournament so WWE found a 1 off tag team, not that big of a deal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're back for probably 1 appearance so it really doesn't hurt anything. SD needed another team for their tournament so WWE found a 1 off tag team, not that big of a deal.

Yeah, its not a big deal, but still. That's the team they choose? A team from almost 20 years ago that wasn't even popular

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its not a big deal, but still. That's the team they choose? A team from almost 20 years ago that wasn't even popular

But whose really out there they could use? You're not gonna bring back someone like the Highlanders, Basham Brothers, The Dicks, etc or other low card former tag teams from 10 years ago so why not go 20 years and make it unique.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath Slater should win it all. But I'm guessing the Uso's beat American Alpha in the finals and turn heel so AA can chase them for awhile. But Slater definitely needs to be signed once this tournament is done.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heath Slater should win it all. But I'm guessing the Uso's beat American Alpha in the finals and turn heel so AA can chase them for awhile. But Slater definitely needs to be signed once this tournament is done.
I'm not so sure about that. If he stays unsigned by a brand he can still appear on both shows and be unique. If he signs it's back to the bottom of the mid-card and obscurity.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I expected an Uso/Alpha finals too but that match up is in the semi finals. Hype Bros/Heath Rhyno is the other

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I dunno what's going to happen. It's odd that AA and the Usos are on the same side of the bracket so you know almost for sure Slater/Rhyno will go to the finals on the other side. But I'm not sure he wins though. I think they can still get more mileage out of pulling the rug out from under him

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Headbangers. Speak for yourself.