• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wont be long until Rhyno turns on Slater, you can tell he's getting more and more upset that he has to carry the entire team.
Agreed. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose the belts and Rhyno turns on him at the next PPV

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wont be long until Rhyno turns on Slater, you can tell he's getting more and more upset that he has to carry the entire team.

We all knew something like that would happen eventually. I can't imagine Rhyno working many dates as election day draws closer considering he's running for state representative seat. I'm kinda shocked he's stuck around this long after he won his primary.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew something like that would happen eventually. I can't imagine Rhyno working many dates as election day draws closer considering he's running for state representative seat. I'm kinda shocked he's stuck around this long after he won his primary.
Yeah but he gets free PR while he's still on TV.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. The writing on Smackdown is putting a whooping on the one for Raw but IMO.

I like the character of Miz right now. He makes a amazing, anti management, no nonsense character right now. The fact that he is doing it as a heel is even more amazing.

I loved the big wins on backlash. Lass kicker is the 2nd most deserving Women on the Roster with or without a tittle(there is no question about number 1).

I have been a fan of AJ's since he worked for WCW JR. He is a all-around talent who is now getting his just due. I hope this ends the conversion about size and look vs in ring ability.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now John Cena's lost clean in both of his last 2 matches, and there was no funny business either or him getting cheated. He straight up lost clean to AJ and now to Ambrose tonight, that's certainly unique.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now John Cena's lost clean in both of his last 2 matches, and there was no funny business either or him getting cheated. He straight up lost clean to AJ and now to Ambrose tonight, that's certainly unique.
I felt for sure Cena would slide back in the ring right before the show went off the air to get his revenge on Ambrose. Ambrose laid Styles out at 9:55 and then just celebrated in the ring for 5 minutes.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SD has been very good since the brand split but it's hitting its stride as excellent now

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This Cena/AJ/Ambrose promo is amazing... Perfect go home segment

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE switched things up and put the WWE Title match on first at the PPV. Not a bad idea since it fires the crowd up and the match was very good. But they totally fucked up by not having Miz/Ziggler close the show. That match was excellent and would have been the perfect send off. Instead they went with Wyatt/Orton, which was ok but not main event worthy. Show overall was good, but largely propped up by the two main matches. Everything outside of the WWE/IC titles was pretty darn meh

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Props to Ryan Ward (SD Headwriter) and the Miz for bringing prestige back to the IC title. It feels like a huge deal again because of the Mizs great promo work since the brandsplit. The storyline with Ziggler putting his career on the line really put it over the top.
The match itself was a work of art. It was probably a 4 or 4.5 caliber match without any crazy moves or spots or anyone having to risk their life. It just had a ton of drama from the great story they told.

The world title match was great as expected. Some really creative 3 man spots. The stylin DDT into the DDT and neck breaker was amazing. The 10 knuckle shuffle got a laugh out of me. I've seen a ton of people shit on the ending but I thought it was well-played. It builds more momentum for the inevitable Ambrose, Cena feud. Ambrose can argue he would have submitted Styles on his own and Cena can argue he had Ambrose beat before Styles came in with the chair. Ambrose and Cena have great chemistry together on promos. Ambrose is always good on the mic but he really raises his game against Cena. Styles also gets a third pin on Cena adding to the idea that he owns him. Adds a little something to Cena beating him to tie Flair's record which seems inevitable.

Love the return of Luke Harper. I think he can be a breakout star of the brandsplit. Main event player imo and the Smackdown writing CA get him there quickly

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE switched things up and put the WWE Title match on first at the PPV. Not a bad idea since it fires the crowd up and the match was very good. But they totally fucked up by not having Miz/Ziggler close the show. That match was excellent and would have been the perfect send off. Instead they went with Wyatt/Orton, which was ok but not main event worthy. Show overall was good, but largely propped up by the two main matches. Everything outside of the WWE/IC titles was pretty darn meh

Ya, didn't like Randy and Bray closing the show with Harper returning in it. That seems like something they should do on smack down leading up to a PPV. My concern it since Bray was working with Kane that they will do a Randy/Kane vs Wyatt/Harper.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to end the voting. That match wins the HOPPLAIAN MOTY.

Miz inho has benefited the most from the brand split because it reinvented his career. Be just needs to take a bad ass beat down giver attitude and boom. Wm maineventer again

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For all the hype the Horsewomen get it's amazing that Alexa Bliss might be the most talented female performer on the roster right now. Her heel promos and mannerisms are perfect. Her segment with Becky Lynch was the best mic work the woman's division has seen in a long time.

She's everything great about the brandsplit. There's no way she'd get this type of spotlight on a bigger roster.

The Ellsworth/Ambrose/Styles storyline has been highly entertaining and well written.

It's only a matter of time until Ryan Ward gets moved to Raw. The writing on SD is topnotch and Raw is still the flagship brand. I give it 6 months until they make the move

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the hype the Horsewomen get it's amazing that Alexa Bliss might be the most talented female performer on the roster right now. Her heel promos and mannerisms are perfect. Her segment with Becky Lynch was the best mic work the woman's division has seen in a long time.

She's everything great about the brandsplit. There's no way she'd get this type of spotlight on a bigger roster.

The Ellsworth/Ambrose/Styles storyline has been highly entertaining and well written.

It's only a matter of time until Ryan Ward gets moved to Raw. The writing on SD is topnotch and Raw is still the flagship brand. I give it 6 months until they make the move
Agree that SD's writing has been topnotch. They tie everything together so well. Hope they hold off on moving Ward to Raw for at least a year so SmackDown can reach it's full potential first.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Smackdown was off the charts tonight!

Best consecutive 2 hours of WWE programming in years. The whole show delivered. So many great storylines.

Alexa's becoming a star. She's amazing. Loved the Styles/Ambrose/Ellsworth saga. The Wyatts and Orton story. The Miz TV/DB segment. The Ziggler SS open challenge.. A+

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smackdown was off the charts tonight!

Best consecutive 2 hours of WWE programming in years. The whole show delivered. So many great storylines.

Alexa's becoming a star. She's amazing. Loved the Styles/Ambrose/Ellsworth saga. The Wyatts and Orton story. The Miz TV/DB segment. The Ziggler SS open challenge.. A+
Agree!!!