• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know a whole helluva lot about compensatory picks but isn't the value of the pick tied to playing time? Something JC did very little of since joining the Chargers?

How are teams awarded compensatory picks?

The NFL's formula includes determining whether or not a player falls under the compensatory free agent (CFA) status, which is defined as such: A player who has signed with a new club during the prior free agency signing period (before 4 p.m. ET on the Monday following the most recent draft), or whose rights were retained by the prior franchise by tendering the unrestricted free agent; and a player who ranked within the top 35 percent of all NFL players according to average yearly compensation, with additional points assigned based on postseason honors earned or participation (total snaps played). Clubs who have lost more CFAs than they have signed or acquired are eligible to receive compensatory picks. Transition tag or franchise tagged players who receive an offer sheet and whose offer sheet is not matched by the tagging franchise do not qualify as compensatory free agents.
Teams can also receive compensatory picks if a minority coach or executive is hired to the same or better role by a different club as a result of the league's effort to increase diversity in hiring coaches and front-office executives.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm taking a 3rd round back, I'm choosing
Kenny McIntosh, RB, Georgia
Height: 6-1. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2023): 2-3

Tank reminds me of Maroney
- you may remember him.....
Maroney hasn?t really corrected the issues that have haunted him since he entered the NFL. He has happy feet in the backfield, doesn?t hit the hole with conviction, sometimes tries to dance too much and avoids contact.

I am consistently finding that the draft board gurus have not yet done their homework. An example is Tank is not even in the top 20 RB's on Walter Football board but is 6th RB on NFL Draftbuzz - where the give bj's to tank but end with:
Will dance and leave his feet instead of taking what's there. That's a big red flag!

Note: We won't be getting a 3rd round comp pick. Our comps are 4th 5th and 7th
I wouldn't hate this pick. He's a better receiver out of the backfield but his big red flag is pass protection. Tank struggled there as well. But not as bad as Kenny. Kenny also won't run away from anyone.
I didn't think about the Maroney comparison but you may be right?

All players have red flags. I like Tank's security of the ball.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS​

• McIntosh does a nice job with recognition as a pass protector and gives good effort.
  • He’s patient, letting blocks develop then accelerating. He runs with a good forward lean and consistently falls forward.
  • McIntosh combines good speed with his size, and McIntosh accelerates off the line better than most big receivers.
  • He’s a quality receiver with soft hands, and he shows a good feel for catching and transitioning upfield in the screen game.
  • He’s a natural pass catcher, at his best pulling in swing passes and heading upfield. He’s a natural in the screen game as well. His hands are good enough that he can line up in the slot.
  • He’s extremely dangerous in the open field, showing the vision and creativity to run through entire defenses.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES​

• McIntosh isn’t slow, but McIntosh lacks the third gear to be a home run threat. His hands are improving but still inconsistent in the passing game.
  • McIntosh could stand to get smaller when squeezing through traffic.
  • Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comp picks aren’t finalized yet, but they are figuring a 4th for Jackson and another 6th and 7th for Karras and Bolden.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go ahead and make my pitch. You east coast boys get up much earlier than me.

JL Skinner Safety Boise State. I live in Boise so this is a little on the homer side I guess. I go to a few games a year and he stands out head and shoulders(literally) than anyone on the field. 6’4” 215 pounds of intimidation. And a stat for @Southieinnc he has a QB rating when targeted of 37.8. Most mocks have him going mid 2nd to mid 3rd. Him and Dugger in the defensive backfield would be crazy.

Please check him out on nfldraftbuzz.com to get a good read and watch the video posted. Well worth it!

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go ahead and make my pitch. You east coast boys get up much earlier than me.

JL Skinner Safety Boise State. I live in Boise so this is a little on the homer side I guess. I go to a few games a year and he stands out head and shoulders(literally) than anyone on the field. 6’4” 215 pounds of intimidation.
The exercise is for analytical purpose and your best analysis comes from what you are familiar with... It's not like anybody will say "and with the 46th Pick, as picked by Cheerio Chuck, is ..... with the rest of us face palming...

At what slot would you pick him? Other than size, what else stood out based on your observations?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JL Skinner Safety Boise State. I live in Boise so this is a little on the homer side I guess. I go to a few games a year and he stands out head and shoulders(literally) than anyone on the field. 6’4” 215 pounds of intimidation. And a stat for @Southieinnc he has a QB rating when targeted of 37.8. Most mocks have him going mid 2nd to mid 3rd. Him and Dugger in the defensive backfield would be crazy.

Please check him out on nfldraftbuzz.com to get a good read and watch the video posted. Well worth it!

Well there is a real need for safety depending on where he is selected I think he is projected as a third round pick. Nice size and what I read he is great in run defense which is a plus. Article stated he is an enforcer in the middle of the field which is a nice plus IMO. They stated he is quick but not fast which for a safety IMO is not a real issue. B/C there is a need I feel this is solid piclk.

By the way one, I love the Mountains and will be retiring soon plan so visit the Sawtooth Mountains probably take a guided tour, to much shit out there that will eat you.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That back ground music....just wow.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is a real need for safety depending on where he is selected I think he is projected as a third round pick. Nice size and what I read he is great in run defense which is a plus. Article stated he is an enforcer in the middle of the field which is a nice plus IMO. They stated he is quick but not fast which for a safety IMO is not a real issue. B/C there is a need I feel this is solid piclk.

By the way one, I love the Mountains and will be retiring soon plan so visit the Sawtooth Mountains probably take a guided tour, to much shit out there that will eat you.
In the box safety an enforcer like that would be fun to watch. I bet Ronnie Lott would tune in.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will check him out after I get home from the dentist!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of a bigger Earl Thomas. What pick would take him?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 3

Hendon Hooker

QB

Tennessee

Mac Jones is in year three of a rookie deal and the Pats are not sure he is the QB of the future for the Patriots. As much as people wanted to support Zappe he is unproven and as much a question mark as Jones is. Mobility is becoming the new standard for QB in the NFL, not necessarily Mike Vick mobility but at least the ability to scramble when called upon to do so. I do feel BB missed the boat on the trend and may allow BOB some leverage here to explore. We all know he is coming off a knee injury but I feel it’s safe to assume that he will not be the starter his rookie year and this gives him all the time in the world to get back to as close to 100% as he can.

Hendon Hooker QB: Tennessee

6’ 4” 220 lbs

4.96 40 time

Hooker has great arm strength, get great velocity on the ball and throws a tight spiral, excels in the short to intermediate range. Accurate passer when his feet are set, some mechanical issues which are very fixable. Has solid footspeed quick cuts allowing to make single defender miss. He won’t run away from DBs and Safety’s but he’ll damn sure give them a run for their money.

Deep ball can be an issue some of the velocity on the short to mid range passes do not show through on longer passes. While not the greatest of athletes he does have great athleticism. He needs to work on progression work and at times will go to predetermined targets. Needs to work on eye discipline and not force passes. Teachable and willing to learn. At round three this would be a solid pick.

There are also a lot of FA Vet QBs this year, if BB signs one to hold the clipboard I do not see him signing a QB this draft.

@BigKen You close the week tomorrow
@Yankee Traveler You will kick us of Monday

YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
Southieinnc (aka King Southie)
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 3

Hendon Hooker

QB

Tennessee

Mac Jones is in year three of a rookie deal and the Pats are not sure he is the QB of the future for the Patriots. As much as people wanted to support Zappe he is unproven and as much a question mark as Jones is. Mobility is becoming the new standard for QB in the NFL, not necessarily Mike Vick mobility but at least the ability to scramble when called upon to do so. I do feel BB missed the boat on the trend and may allow BOB some leverage here to explore. We all know he is coming off a knee injury but I feel it’s safe to assume that he will not be the starter his rookie year and this gives him all the time in the world to get back to as close to 100% as he can.

6’ 4” 220 lbs

4.96 40 time

Hooker has great arm strength, get great velocity on the ball and throws a tight spiral, excels in the short to intermediate range. Accurate passer when his feet are set, some mechanical issues which are very fixable. Has solid footspeed quick cuts allowing to make single defender miss. He won’t run away from DBs and Safety’s but he’ll damn sure give them a run for their money.

Deep ball can be an issue some of the velocity on the short to mid range passes do not show through on longer passes. While not the greatest of athletes he does have great athleticism. He needs to work on progression work and at times will go to predetermined targets. Needs to work on eye discipline and not force passes. Teachable and willing to learn. At round three this would be a solid pick.

There are also a lot of FA Vet QBs this year, if BB signs one to hold the clipboard I do not see him signing a QB this draft.

YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie
4.96 is that a misprint? Hell he isn't giving a DL a run for their money at that pace. Brady the statue was just a tad over 5.

Not sure at this point I'd waste our third on a QB that has some mechanical issues. He'd be as unproven actually moreso than Zappe.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.96 is that a misprint? Hell he isn't giving a DL a run for their money at that pace. Brady the statue was just a tad over 5.

Not sure at this point I'd waste our third on a QB that has some mechanical issues. He'd be as unproven actually moreso than Zappe.
4.96 is what they are showing but like a Tesla he get's up to speed quickly and is a lot more elusive than Brady could ever be. I watched him at Tenn a few of his games he is talented with a high ceiling, most college QBs come into the league with mechanical issues they reason it's not a worry for me is they are nowhere near the nighmare issues a guy like Tebow had.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 3

Hendon Hooker

QB

Tennessee

6’ 4” 220 lbs

4.96 40 time

YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie
I like it, and I have no problem with Bill keeping three young QB's on the roster for at least one more year.

Ideal size.
He can use his legs.
He’s a quick decision maker.
He has a great arm.

And Peyton Manning says he has elite character and leadership skills.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 3

Hendon Hooker

QB

Tennessee

6’ 4” 220 lbs

4.96 40 time

YankeeRebel
BigKen
YankeeTraveler
nefansince75
sharkymcwrath
NWPATSFAN
cheerupcharlie
HH is faster than your time shows, while not fast he has shown 4.70 40's. He cannot improve by combine with his injury he can certainly improve speed by 2024. I watched him play and think his weakness's are teachable. especially on longer passes. He finished 2022 with a 70% completion rate on a lazy arm. He can throw harder but did not need too. He just flips it out there and only 2 interceptions all year. I think he'll be gone by late 2nd or early 3rd. Good pick!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s taken 68 sacks in 24 games. Tennessee always seems to have a pretty good o-line. Is his pocket awareness not good? He put up very good stats this year. Had 2 very good wr’s. Saw plenty of his highlights this year and overall was very impressed. Hopefully his ACL tear heals properly. They said he has monster size hands. That’s a great thing for a QB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s taken 68 sacks in 24 games. Tennessee always seems to have a pretty good o-line. Is his pocket awareness not good? He put up very good stats this year. Had 2 very good wr’s. Saw plenty of his highlights this year and overall was very impressed. Hopefully his ACL tear heals properly. They said he has monster size hands. That’s a great thing for a QB.
94 sacks in 4 years?????
That's not running - that's running for your life! WTF?