• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread 2018-2019

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a guy like ...ryan weber...ready at tacoma..and on the 40 man..

if they could trade for a guy like robert stephenson.(cinnci).would be where to start...even if they kept leake
and stephenson struggled...i would be good with it

that is for example

with a guy like stephenson you can try him at #2...then you can always switch him to #4
this coming year you could send him down but after that you could not

but it is a place to start anyway and dont expect toooo muh from guys llike that either

which is why you need depth

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the non tenders and waiver wire guys will help a lot and it is about to start......for the next month or so..after the sereis

signing phelps to a minor league contract would be on my list ....as my ace in the hole
after TJ

referance ......see..tampa..sign's.. eavaldi...and now they have jalen beeks

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are talking about the line up a lot ........but the rotation is #1 most critical thing to get fixed
then #2 depth in the rotation

then back to the line up

as priorities go

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rebuild is almost finnished...with the exception of the rotation...and depth

they are one guy away in the......................................outfield..i like cordero...i had to say that ...lol
they are a utility/seager platoon guy away..on the......... infield
the bull pen is stacked
the catchers will do

the rotation is the last thing..and paxton and gonzales..are part of the new..so that would make two right handed young starters to go...yes...that is true

cruz and hernandez are /or maybe gone

which would make only cano and seager as parts of the old

idk on servais
Hernandez gone? Maybe. It's a tough one to work out.
He isn't good enough for the rotation.
He doesn't want to be in the bullpen and putting him there will probably compromise the BP chemistry.
And cutting him/eating the remainder of his contract would be extremely disrespectful to his legacy here considering he willingly stayed here during his prime fully knowing he wouldn't get any run support.

But the bottom line is that if Dipoto and Sevais plan on being competitive in 2019, then there is no realistic place for Felix. If 2019 is a rebuild year then you may as well let him stay in the rotation.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE RAKING LEAVES!!!!! :gaah:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't want to be in the bullpen and putting him there will probably compromise the BP chemistry.
And cutting him/eating the remainder of his contract would be extremely disrespectful to his legacy here considering he willingly stayed here during his prime fully knowing he wouldn't get any run support.

But the bottom line is that if Dipoto and Sevais plan on being competitive in 2019, then there is no realistic place for Felix. If 2019 is a rebuild year then you may as well let him stay in the rotation.

bull pen spot starter is not as big a disgace as losing a bunch of games as a starter

jim croce said it best though...ya dont tug on supermans cape...ya dont spit into the wind , and ya dont tear the mask off the ole lone ranger

so felix's legacy...is already........i think everyone knows that

what they dont know is that it is normal for older starters to go to the bull pen.......that was /and is my whole point
it is no disgrace...and just like the pitchers of old...but he could come out a differant pitcher already from spring..??? yes it is true
but normaly you have to ....admit( to yourself).. a problem before you can work on it

it worked with felix...they did not see him comming ....where not prepared/ he hit them by surprise....and it worked

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also for the mariners to turn the corner on..the rebuild they have been doing .......sense depoto got here
they need new young RHP..at least one..two would be better

cordero would work for outfield

then a utility guy

we wont know how good gilbert is until he pitches at least some

then we can guess how long it will take him to get to MLB
plassmeyer as well and razo and torres if he comes back

and guys we will know next year.the starting of another good aqua sox team
carlson
elias espino
jorge benitez...LHP

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
felix is better out of the bull pen when guys have not prepared for him...when he did that..he blew them away

i want to see that again
or trade is ok

I hate to be condescending, but yes Felix was better out of the bull pen but he only had one appearance out of the bullpen for 5.2 innings. In those five innings he only struck out two, walked two and gave up 5 hits.

Not exactly blowing them away.

He belongs in the bullpen, but it's hard to determine how effective he would even be in that role. His issue wasn't fatigue, it was command, dip in velocity, and the pitches he decided to throw.

Felix can reinvent himself, but we haven't seen any signs that will happen yet. I say yet because I want to maintain some kind of hope.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God I hope we don't see that unless he somehow transforms over the offseason.

It was sad seeing him pitch so awfully.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some prob starter's at modesto next year
clay chandler....RHP
ramond kerr.....LHP/ plassmeyer...prob sooner reather than later..just depend's
scott boches.....RHP
oliver jaskie/kerr..LHP..they may try jaskie..but prob put him in the pen if he does not do well
McClain..reggie ....RHPseemed to do better last year than he did this...if he starts not doing well again he could end up in the pen as well
moyers ..............LHPmay..start in the rotation to start with as well
randy bell............RHP....needs to prove it
that is about right for the modesto experiment to start with......LOLOLOL...its not bad though..a work in progress

gilbert ,plassmyer, and torres could easly be here by the end of the year next year the only question is..will they go even farther to AA

that being said...they prob need to draft a few extra starters to compensate

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be condescending, but yes Felix was better out of the bull pen but he only had one appearance out of the bullpen for 5.2 innings. In those five innings he only struck out two, walked two and gave up 5 hits.

Not exactly blowing them away.

He belongs in the bullpen, but it's hard to determine how effective he would even be in that role. His issue wasn't fatigue, it was command, dip in velocity, and the pitches he decided to throw.

Felix can reinvent himself, but we haven't seen any signs that will happen yet. I say yet because I want to maintain some kind of hope.

yeah......... that is prob a better eval than mine...its more correct..but he has to start somewhere...to reinvent himself

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE RAKING LEAVES!!!!! :gaah:

burn them is nice.....if you can...barbecue..and football...lol

but ahh..dont let the girl's have fingernail's.lol...we made my sister quit playing after she started having them ...cuz she had knives and we did not....lol.lolol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the ulmax draft plan.....kind of...lol..some guys can do well and move up...others can go south and move down
like toglia did not do well in the cape cod league...this summer...but if he has a good spring..he would still be a#1 or#2

as long as some guys are available..from the west coast..it is nice to get some of those

draft fantasy..cuz all the other teams know who is good as well and may draft ..your guy..lol
but for fun...we well have..a ..go at it

#1 mike toglia..OF/1B..ucla.....mike would go over well...all around...he is from gig harbor..he interviews well

or zepherjan if toglia is not here...but i think he will be

#2 kyle brnovich...RHP.elon..strike out guy

#3 ken waldichuck....LHP..he has some good pitches...from san diego

#4 george kirby......RHP..elon...he is good and will strike you out

#5 A.J. block.......LHP..wash state.....higher rated and from here what is not to like

i took a gang of starters high..cuz they need them..and will need them..but i plan to take at least three more
in this my fantasy draft...lol..whether they be HS or not

hopeing he is here by then
#6 tommy jew..R/R..CF....santa barbara...he is good

#7 ernie yake..L/L...C/3b...from gonzaga..and bellingham

i need another 1b guy right here..so ill give three on my list..lol

#8 andrew dashbach.1b..R/R..stanford/jj bleday .OF/1b...L/L.vandy/andre lipcios..R/R..3b/1B...tennessee
dashbach needs a good spring to be drafted this high

jj bleday..is the best vandy has...that is not bad at all

lipcios had a good summer in the cape cod..so he got on my list

#8 jordan howard..ss/of/ utility.....im going to take him here to cover my backside for the rest of the draft
quick and fast..he can hit....little ole...lee ..university..he is a senior

i need a catcher right here so..again i will give 4 on the list

#9 nick kahle..C..washington/ty duvall..L/L..C vandy/ wyatt cross..C indiana/james free.the 2nd..C/dh..pacific

indiana picked up wyatt cross out of junior collage...after he went to that world series..ill take him if i can

#10 louis antos..ss..queens N.Y..he was an awsome hitter in cape cod..he may not be here ..but then he maybe

im not scared anyone will take my stuff with the whole spring to go everything could change..lol..guys do good guys do bad..its the way it goes...lol

soo..ahhh that was fun .lol

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope we don't see that unless he somehow transforms over the offseason.

It was sad seeing him pitch so awfully.
There are plenty of successful pitchers right now who can't throw any faster than Felix. I really don't get what the issue is. When he was in his prime he had an 11 mph speed separation between his fastball and his changeup. Now he has a 4 mph speed separation. The problem seems easy to fix to me. Throw the fucking changeup slower. Re-establish the 11mph speed separation. But maybe reducing speed on a changeup is more complex than I am making it out to be.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wont be here for real..but this is fantasy..lol so i will take..gio

#11 gio diez..ss...st. marys

#12 and
#13..any of the....... catchers and or 1b..not already drafted..that are on my list
#14..HS starter
# 15 the best relief guy avaliable..or jordan jones ..RHp..washington
#16..Hs OR jc starter
#17 dillon plew INF/OF..wash state
#18 brett norwood...inf..south florida state
#19 ryan stacy...OF...texas san antonio
#20 beau brundage....CF..u.portland...another home town guy
#21 conner riley ..RHP...long beach state...after tj..i dont want to pick him high
#22 justin armbruester...RHP...pac lutheran...yup right there in spanaway...lol
#23 shane fontana.. of...lynn university
#24 conner knutson...RHP..u ..portland
#25 aiden anderson..... mcNeese state
i would be ok with fireing for effect on relief guys for the next 15 pics lol..prob will not happen that way..lol

but hey its fantasy..lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of successful pitchers right now who can't throw any faster than Felix. I really don't get what the issue is. When he was in his prime he had an 11 mph speed separation between his fastball and his changeup. Now he has a 4 mph speed separation. The problem seems easy to fix to me. Throw the fucking changeup slower. Re-establish the 11mph speed separation. But maybe reducing speed on a changeup is more complex than I am making it out to be.

the hitters are on him....... and in his head....they know him after ten years
they duck in the club house and have ten years film at there fingers

he has to change..what or how..to make it effective

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13091664.jpeg

14GIO DIAZ...ss...st mary's
  • HEIGHT

5-11
  • WEIGHT

• CLASS

Freshman
  • HOMETOWN

Brentwood, Calif.
  • HIGH SCHOOL
Biography
PRIOR TO SAINT MARY'S: A three-time letterwinner at Heritage High School in Brentwood, Calif., graduating in 2017 ... Named a 2017 Rawlings-Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American, as well as Perfect Game Underclass Honorable Mention in 2015 and '16 ... A career .340 hitter in three varsity seasons, he hit .392 as a senior in 2017 with 11 RBIs and 10 extra-base hits ... Helped lead the Patriots to back-to-back Bay Valley League championships in '15 and '16, including an undefeated 10-0 league campaign as a sophomore in '15 ... Was teammates at Heritage with current Gael Kevin Milam on those '15 and '16 teams ... Patriots also made consecutive appearances in the California Interscholastic Federation North Coast Section semifinals in 2016 and '17.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think one of the bigger issues is that for some odd reason his command has diminished substantially in addition to his lack of velocity.

I can understand his velocity dropping but I wouldn't expect his command to drop as well. That's why I partially wonder if it's an issue of conditioning.

My bigger concern is that he's either unable or unwilling to make the adjustments he needs to prolong his career. I've read all this bullshit about how demoralized he has been because of his poor performances, yet all last offseason he refused to make any adjustments. C.C. Sabathia was able to do it by adding another pitch, making other adjustments and he had to overcome being an alcoholic and playing in New York City.

If he can do it I don't see why Felix shouldn't be able to at least become serviceable with some hard work and adjustments.