• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official July 31 trade deadline thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armando Rios was one of the players we got back in the Schmidt deal, he blew out his knee the first week. Happy and drunk last night sorry :D

I doubt anyone would want Inge either, but I do think:

2nd round comp pick
we scratch 4-5 prospects
Giants pick one

is fair for 2 months of Pence, thats alot better than a comp pick from the QO imo, we dont run out of B prospects till you get to 12ish or so in our our system.

Unless you want to sign him long term, thats a different story.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed the Rangers have decided not to make a major deal, I was hoping to get Profar out of all this :D

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear last night emphasized that Posey, Crawford and Belt were their future. Also said that "It's the organizational view that we rushed the 2 Brandon's". Uhh, ya think?

I don't think much is gonna happen today/tomorrow fellas, unless someone blows us away with an offer. We can still compete in 2014, so unless we are offered a piece that will enhance our chances next year, we are holding onto Pence. No point in trading him for a bunch of mid-level/fringy prospects.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiggers still talking to the Giants:

Jon MorosiVerified account
‏@jonmorosi
Sources: #Tigers, #SFGiants have continued trade dialogue even after Detroit’s acquisition of Jose Veras. @FOXSports1

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weez a fucking doyer??

Oh, the humanity...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow

Tim BrownVerified account
‏@TBrownYahoo
Brian Wilson has chosen to sign with Dodgers, according to source. Had three offers. Will start in minors.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB: IVE NEVER PUNCHED AN OPPOSING PLAYER IN HIS VAGINA, BUT WEEZ WILL BE MY FIRST

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-Weez to the Dodgers.

Fuck this season.

We all knew this was a possibility.
Now that it's real I don't know how to root...Wilson was my favorite Giant of that era. Do I root for him to do well, because I like the guy, or to completely suck, because the Dodgers?

:noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's real I don't know how to root...Wilson was my favorite Giant of that era. Do I root for him to do well, because I like the guy, or to completely suck, because the Dodgers?

Hope he has ZERO save opportunities because the dogs are getting blown out every game. Then he comes in for a perfect 8th/9th.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what you mean, I love the guy. He was such an entertainment and was the epitome of "torture" back in 2010. It's just too bad how hard he fell the last moments of his Giants career. Wasted 2011 season, injured 2012 season, Dodger 2013 season. Eww.

Still though was one of my favorite Giants on the 2010 WS team:

howard1.gif

22c7d50265021711.gif.gif

brian-wilson-10-21-12.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armando Rios was one of the players we got back in the Schmidt deal, he blew out his knee the first week. Happy and drunk last night sorry :D

I doubt anyone would want Inge either, but I do think:

2nd round comp pick
we scratch 4-5 prospects
Giants pick one

is fair for 2 months of Pence, thats alot better than a comp pick from the QO imo, we dont run out of B prospects till you get to 12ish or so in our our system.

Unless you want to sign him long term, thats a different story.

:dunce:

Sorry, I knew that. We have just been talking so much about Peavey and Rios, my mind just went there and didn't come back...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fun, espn is doing a thing on the best deadline deals ever for each of the 30 teams

Here's ours:

Best deadline deal ever: Giants - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN

Note the hitter we traded that day would have been the second best hitter on the 2013 team with those numbers

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I root for guys I like to do well as long as they aren't playing against my own team. Kinda like I do in fantasy sports.

I've had personal friends (or at least, guys I knew in high school that went pro) play against the Dodgers - Alex Hinshaw was on the Giants, then Justin Germano was on the Padres. As long as they weren't against LA I rooted for them to have success. If they ever owned the Dodgers (they never did), then I would just be like "well at least it's someone cool like Germano instead of XotherplayerIdon'tlikeX."

All I know is that, for me, it's a lot less fun in sports to root for someone to fail miserably than it is to be happy for them to have success. There's a bunch of guys I like around baseball despite them not being on the Dodgers. For example, I have a ton of respect for Buster Posey ever since I watched him in the College World Series. I was bummed when the Giants got him, but it softens the blow of multiple SFG World Series victories when it's a quality human like that being the captain of the team.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for guys I like to do well as long as they aren't playing against my own team. Kinda like I do in fantasy sports.

I've had personal friends (or at least, guys I knew in high school that went pro) play against the Dodgers - Alex Hinshaw was on the Giants, then Justin Germano was on the Padres. As long as they weren't against LA I rooted for them to have success. If they ever owned the Dodgers (they never did), then I would just be like "well at least it's someone cool like Germano instead of XotherplayerIdon'tlikeX."

All I know is that, for me, it's a lot less fun in sports to root for someone to fail miserably than it is to be happy for them to have success. There's a bunch of guys I like around baseball despite them not being on the Dodgers. For example, I have a ton of respect for Buster Posey ever since I watched him in the College World Series. I was bummed when the Giants got him, but it softens the blow of multiple SFG World Series victories when it's a quality human like that being the captain of the team.

That makes sense, and I'm with you, there are plenty of players around the league I like, and root for to do well, just as long as it doesn't hurt my team. So of course I hope Wilson does well...and the Dodgers still get beat anyway.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice post.

I like Kershaw and Kemp, despite their jersey color. But they are still dogs.

I hate AJ, even though (or more accurately, BECAUSE of the fact) he played for the Giants.

I am speaking only in terms of distance, though. The only players I ever followed due to personal reasons were Eric Byrnes (went to HS with him, although we didn't really know each other) and Alex Cora (I drank with him in the halls my first night in college).

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post. I grew up playing Little League ball with, and was a High School teammate of Shawn Green. Killed me when he went to the Dodgers and he and I have had some funny conversations about it over the years. I never once rooted against Shawn, and enjoyed watching his success. It is an interesting line that is drawn there....

Same thing with Wilson. Won't root for him to fail, but won't necessarily root for him to dominate either. If that makes sense.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense, and I'm with you, there are plenty of players around the league I like, and root for to do well, just as long as it doesn't hurt my team. So of course I hope Wilson does well...and the Dodgers still get beat anyway.

:suds:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beard dominates, bums lose is the right response here

Of course vs the Giants, he's just another blue jersey until the games over.

Nothing but mad respect for Brian Wilson