• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official July 31 trade deadline thread

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start trading away older pieces and people with short contract for prospects. I know people think its time to retool. But, if you have seen them play lately you have to start seeing what I have been for a while now. They are not playing any aspect of the game decently at all.

MadBum pitched a hell of a game, but poor defense and errors made it that he had to make his pitch count rise too fast. Scoot has been known for his poor defense for years and is the reason why he got traded out of Boston. Pablo has been playing like a fat ass slob all year on defense. Abreu is just pure shit. Outfielders have been taking poor routes and misjudging balls that should be outs.

Pitching has been god awful at times for starters costing games. Then the bullpen decided to suck too. They have not been good at the same time all year.

Bambam has the Giants swinging all the time keeping the opponents pitchers pitch count to nothing. I have seen bad approaches at the plate that are frankly inexplicable.

They are using bad defensive rotations and not doing the little stuff that are basic even in little league.

This team has fallen apart completely

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start trading away older pieces and people with short contract for prospects. I know people think its time to retool. But, if you have seen them play lately you have to start seeing what I have been for a while now. They are not playing any aspect of the game decently at all.

MadBum pitched a hell of a game, but poor defense and errors made it that he had to make his pitch count rise too fast. Scoot has been known for his poor defense for years and is the reason why he got traded out of Boston. Pablo has been playing like a fat ass slob all year on defense. Abreu is just pure shit. Outfielders have been taking poor routes and misjudging balls that should be outs.

Pitching has been god awful at times for starters costing games. Then the bullpen decided to suck too. They have not been good at the same time all year.

Bambam has the Giants swinging all the time keeping the opponents pitchers pitch count to nothing. I have seen bad approaches at the plate that are frankly inexplicable.

They are using bad defensive rotations and not doing the little stuff that are basic even in little league.

This team has fallen apart completely

Few, if anyone here argues that the season is not over. Personally, I trust that the FO will get max value for the pieces that are "available". For Pence and Timmeh, that may mean holding on to them instead of trading then. The casual fan may not understand that, but it is true due to the QO system that has been talked about adnauseum here for weeks.

As for the defense costing the game today, you do realize we lost 1-0, due to a HR, right? Bum's pitch count got too high, too fast? He went 8 innings. That is old-school solid.

The D was bad, but it had NOTHING to do with the loss. Pitiful, unprofessional hitting lost this game. Pure and simple.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds DFA'd Reynolds today.

Former #2 overall pick. I think it may be a good idea for the G's to take a peek.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a different a week makes... The tune of many have changed on here. Though I do respect the homer/optimist out look.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a different a week makes... The tune of many have changed on here. Though I do respect the homer/optimist out look.

Really?

Who was preaching that we are contenders last week? I am pretty sure most were saying that this week would say whether we were sellers, or stand-patters.

The week dictated we are sellers.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Who was preaching that we are contenders last week? I am pretty sure most were saying that this week would say whether we were sellers, or stand-patters.

The week dictated we are sellers.

If someone was talking about adding a piece because the giants were only 6.5 games back with 3 teams in front, then they would be a buyer. An optimist not believing his eyes form what the product on the field has been showing.

Do I call you specifically one... No... you were on the face teetering depending what the topic was.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants should trade Tim Lincecum to the Dodgers.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants should trade Tim Lincecum to the Dodgers.

You should die of stomach cancer. Trundle on, troll.

Oh, and STOP rooting for the Niners too.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stark says we're not likely to trade either:

• THE GIANTS. This is another team whose hopes have pretty much crumbled this month. So while the Giants are much more open to selling than they were two weeks ago, other clubs believe they're still not likely to move anyone more prominent than one of their left-handed relievers, Javier Lopez and Jose Mijares. What the Giants have told teams about Hunter Pence is this: They'd rather re-sign him than trade him. But they'll think about it if they get "blown away" with an offer. Not likely.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not trolling. The trade would make sense. Thanks for responding in a mature manner though.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy Jahweh, tzill. Take it easy, man....

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you wouldn't want to shed the rest of Lincecum's salary for the rest of the season while getting prospects from your rival. NEWS FLASH: The Giants are in last place, and they aren't about to turn things around soon.

I don't think the trade will happen, but that doesn't mean I don't think it'd work out for both teams. Dodgers need a reliever/starter. Lincecum could do either. Dodgers could take on the salary and save the Giants, what, 10 million bucks?

Guess what, you can even have Timmy back next season when he's a free agent this winter. Or you could keep him, make him a qualifying offer, and then watch as no one picks him up and he comes back anyways while the Giants don't get any extra picks or prospects out of it.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why should I stop rooting for my 49ers? They are the team of my childhood. I had posters of Joe Montana and Jerry Rice on my bedroom wall when I was in pre-school.

Yeah, it's the Dodgers fans who have no class... :lame: