• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proposal

7 playoff teams only 1 bye
I like it

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? The playoff system seems to work well the way it is. It doesn’t need expanding IMO. Making the playoffs should be a challenge where the benefits go to the best teams. Top 6 from each conference works well, and only occasionally results in a team that doesn’t appear worthy.

Might as well just add an extra week to playoffs and put everyone in. Everyone gets to be a playoff team!!:L

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? The playoff system seems to work well the way it is. It doesn’t need expanding IMO. Making the playoffs should be a challenge where the benefits go to the best teams. Top 6 from each conference works well, and only occasionally results in a team that doesn’t appear worthy.

Might as well just add an extra week to playoffs and put everyone in. Everyone gets to be a playoff team!!:L

It is all about money. The more games the NFL can sell rights to the more money they make. The more team that make the playoffs nets the players more money and a chance to win the Super Bowl.

It is a win-win situation from a financial stand point.

Not sure the 7th team in the playoffs is going to have a great record but it gives them a chance.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners approve the purposed CBA. Player reps to have a conference call tomorrow and if passed by 2/3rds vote it would then go to the all the players to vote on.
https://es.pn/2SIAORk

Getting close to securing no stoppage of football.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be surprised if he players approve the 17th game concept with the pay being structured as it is.

But then again, I’m used to being surprised.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be surprised if he players approve the 17th game concept with the pay being structured as it is.

But then again, I’m used to being surprised.

I would be surprised if the 17th game is added without a 2nd bye week. If it is then I think in 2029 the owners will ask for an 18th game and give a 2nd bye week. The weeks of the regular season, the more money they can get from TV contracts and ticket sales.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if the 17th game is added without a 2nd bye week. If it is then I think in 2029 the owners will ask for an 18th game and give a 2nd bye week. The weeks of the regular season, the more money they can get from TV contracts and ticket sales.

I know they were thinking about a plan with one bye week, but every player could only play 16 games in the 17 game schedule. So that would be fun. :gaah:

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be pretty surprised if Prince Amukamara, who was just released by the Bears, isn't a Bronco. He reportedly LOVES Fangio and Donatell. Fits the D (obviously) and Denver can fill a need for a starting boundary corner for a cheaper deal and not impact their odds for 2021 compensatory picks. He doesn't solve any long-term issues at corner, but he makes it so that Denver isn't desperate for corner in FA or the Draft. They can still nab another one if they wish, but only if it makes sense and the proper opportunity arises.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they were thinking about a plan with one bye week, but every player could only play 16 games in the 17 game schedule. So that would be fun. :gaah:

That would be disappointing because as a fan you will not know what game players will site out. How disappointing would it be to make arrangements to attend a game and your favorite player doesn't play? Definitely disappointing.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be pretty surprised if Prince Amukamara, who was just released by the Bears, isn't a Bronco. He reportedly LOVES Fangio and Donatell. Fits the D (obviously) and Denver can fill a need for a starting boundary corner for a cheaper deal and not impact their odds for 2021 compensatory picks. He doesn't solve any long-term issues at corner, but he makes it so that Denver isn't desperate for corner in FA or the Draft. They can still nab another one if they wish, but only if it makes sense and the proper opportunity arises.

Still want Slay so bad.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos probably add at least 2 CBs. Given Callahan missed the entire year, you can't count on him next year. If he comes in and plays at a high level that is great, but you have to be prepare for if he ends up on IR again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be disappointing because as a fan you will not know what game players will site out. How disappointing would it be to make arrangements to attend a game and your favorite player doesn't play? Definitely disappointing.

How about being disrespected as the one scheduled when they sit the star QB? What percentage of players play in all 16 games now?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLPA Rep vote and member vote postponed until after another meeting with the league on Tuesday at the combine. Owners seem to have dug their heels in, and the players are not happy about the 17 game schedule. We should know something by end of the next week.
What's going on with the NFL CBA vote? Everything you need to know

I think the one thing that might make this happen is if the owners would add a second bye week, which likely benefits them as well with an additional week in the regular season.