• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an important piece of what we do, so [we] want to get something done," Elway said.

Elway added the deal needed to be fair to both Simmons and the Broncos.

"We like smart safeties, guys that can tackle and guys that enjoy playing the game from the cerebral side as safeties, and he does that," Head Coach Vic Fangio said. "He's a good fit for us. I'm confident we'll have him back somehow, someway."

Several other impending free agents could also be in the Broncos' plans. Elway said Chris Harris Jr., Shelby Harris and Derek Wolfe could all potentially return to Denver.

"They're all part of the process," Elway said. "We're going to look at that. Once we get back from here and start sitting down, we'll really put the plan together and see what we're going to do. We'll be in contact with their agents. Ultimately, it's up to the player and what they want to do. We'll see where they fit in the plan. Obviously, you always want guys back like that, but you never know how it's going to happen."

Fangio is part of the evaluation process, and he said Elway has asked his opinion on which players he hopes will return.

"We're open and hopin' to have them all back, realizing that may not be all possible," Fangio said.

Fangio said the cornerback position is already a priority for the Broncos, but it would become an even bigger one if Harris Jr. were to leave the team.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is true I want our players.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hate when the two sides do the whole we are done negotiating for now and put everything on hold for months. Just sit down like men and work this thing out.

If this was a deal being done by two decision makers - sure you can get it done. But, these negotiations are done by proxy - the union for the players - and the negotiator for the owners. You exhaust one set of expectations in the negotiation and then you have to go back to your group to re-engaged their support.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was a deal being done by two decision makers - sure you can get it done. But, these negotiations are done by proxy - the union for the players - and the negotiator for the owners. You exhaust one set of expectations in the negotiation and then you have to go back to your group to re-engaged their support.

don't speak to me in such a logical well thought out way! Let me bask in my emotion!

No I do agree on that part. I meant more there was talk that if something didn't get done before Free Agency started then they were going to cut off all conversations until next offseason. That is the part that always irritates me. Why waste 6-8 months of negotiating time all to try and make the other side panic? I understand that is a tactic but I don't think that is what is best for either side and it just makes us the fans that much more frustrated with having to hear about the business side of the NFL over and over and how billionaires and millionaires are fighting over money. I get why they need to do this just hate when they use outdated tactics.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles has done last year over and over, to be honest, He starts out slow then does what he needs to do late in the season .

Elway probably had enough. To me, I would give it to him but they do have the option to wait until the draft. You never know how a draft might fall so I get them covering all the bases!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Wolf sounding like he is coming back I really think people should listen to Elway's Preser at the end of the season he stated this and the moves he plans that day.

Our Coach has stated our team's players ahe wants and they are always the same.

Gotsis is mentioned by Elway but not Fangio So he is a 50/50 IMO Could be the lady that interviewed them differently

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, it sounds like Both the Harris are going to be offer a contract in the coming days

Connor McGovern is also going to be offered a contract.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, it sounds like Both the Harris are going to be offer a contract in the coming days

Connor McGovern is also going to be offered a contract.

I don't think the Broncos will be even in the neighborhood of what those players are looking for. Last I heard the deals they made to Shelby and Mcgovern were about half of what they were looking for. Chris is a little different as they were close earlier in the year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Broncos will be even in the neighborhood of what those players are looking for. Last I heard the deals they made to Shelby and Mcgovern were about half of what they were looking for. Chris is a little different as they were close earlier in the year.

Wolf is going to be signed. he has leaked it is close.

Elway said when he gets done with the combine he is going to work on our plays contracts so I am going hope he is doing just that. Sign them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolf is going to be signed. he has leaked it is close.

Elway said when he gets done with the combine he is going to work on our plays contracts so I am going hope he is doing just that. Sign them.

I agree Wolfe will be signed. Right now I would lean towards of the big names only Wolfe and Simmons being brought back.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Wolfe will be signed. Right now I would lean towards of the big names only Wolfe and Simmons being brought back.

I have no problem with that to a point I would not overspend on anyone but I would keep as many as possible. that team last year fought all year long you keep that intact IMO those players were a big part of those wins.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with that to a point I would not overspend on anyone but I would keep as many as possible. that team last year fought all year long you keep that intact IMO those players were a big part of those wins.

At the right price I agree worth keeping some of those guys. The problem is I know of at least a couple that their agents are telling them they will get top money on the market and they are not worth that. I'm mostly thinking of Shelby Harris. He wants big money and I don't blame him for going after it, but I think Harris is an average player that in a very deep DL FA class I woudl look for a bigger impact player.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the right price I agree worth keeping some of those guys. The problem is I know of at least a couple that their agents are telling them they will get top money on the market and they are not worth that. I'm mostly thinking of Shelby Harris. He wants big money and I don't blame him for going after it, but I think Harris is an average player that in a very deep DL FA class I woudl look for a bigger impact player.

Harris is worth top Nickle money on the market

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is worth top Nickle money on the market

He wants that top-5 CB money though unfortunately. If I'm spending that I want it on a guy that I think could actually play at that kind of level and right now Harris is falling off little by little.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants that top-5 CB money though unfortunately. If I'm spending that I want it on a guy that I think could actually play at that kind of level and right now Harris is falling off little by little.

Well, I don't think he gets top CB money when he states he is a top nickel CB. I think we might have a chance to resign him guess time will tell.

Fangio wants him back also said the hole he would leave is a big one. that is the first love he gave to Harris, and I am sure he will like that statement.