• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost did not post this him being a kicker and all

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of crazy to think so. Who would we look at? I would hope it would be Young

Even though Von severely underperformed this year I think it’s 100% the wrong move to take another pash rusher in the first round when Chubb is coming back. Unless we trade Von this offseason for a top tier CB, DT, WR, or multiple First rounders I don’t think we would even look at Young.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though Von severely underperformed this year I think it’s 100% the wrong move to take another pash rusher in the first round when Chubb is coming back. Unless we trade Von this offseason for a top tier CB, DT, WR, or multiple First rounders I don’t think we would even look at Young.

From what I was told if they were going all the way up to 1 it would be for Chase Young as you can never have too many pass rushers plus Von will be on the wrong side of 30 so could be looking to trade him for huge value while he still has value.

Personally I wouldn't make the trade up as the cost would be too great and I am 99.9% sure the Broncos wouldn't do it anyway. You only trade up that far for a QB and well they don't need a QB.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost did not post this him being a kicker and all

To me, I don't see a reason for not going to 18 games

No inactive players

56 players

2 weeks bye

Developmental squad Should see pay raises and half should not be able to be stolen from another team without composition.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also do not like how the NFL handles injuries what so ever! I think if a player is ready bring them back. I do like the rule of practicing to get you ready I just think if you are ready the team should have the right to bring back any play that is ready to play.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found some pretty good article on the new CBA, below are the highlights:
  • Owners want the option for the 17th game.
  • Player salaries need to be worked out if/when the 17th game added.
  • Owners offering up 48.5% of revenue
  • Owners keeping a second bye week in their pocket as bargaining chip, but the owners want the second bye week because with the 17th game they now get 19 weeks of regular season football.
  • Players want 50/50 split of revenue.
  • Players want minimum salaries raised to give more to mid-level players.
I am sure I missed some things so below is the link:
The CBA is hugely important to NFL football in 2021 and beyond - here’s a quick update

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found some pretty good article on the new CBA, below are the highlights:
  • Owners want the option for the 17th game.
  • Player salaries need to be worked out if/when the 17th game added.
  • Owners offering up 48.5% of revenue
  • Owners keeping a second bye week in their pocket as bargaining chip, but the owners want the second bye week because with the 17th game they now get 19 weeks of regular season football.
  • Players want 50/50 split of revenue.
  • Players want minimum salaries raised to give more to mid-level players.
I am sure I missed some things so below is the link:
The CBA is hugely important to NFL football in 2021 and beyond - here’s a quick update

This I agree with to a point the rest is bargaining . What you said is they are pretty close 48.5 is pretty close to 50% .

revenue is that Ticket take in ? our is that proffit because that would be nuts of ticket prices?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the other thing is the NFLPA leadership changes with the new league year. If a new CBA is not agreed to prior to March 28th then a work stoppage increases in likelihood.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the other thing is the NFLPA leadership changes with the new league year. If a new CBA is not agreed to prior to March 28th then a work stoppage increases in likelihood.

I understand trying to put deadlines on things to get done as it is a bargaining chip but it does seem like these people hold way too true to these leading to it actually hurting their client more than helping. It does no one any good to walk away from the table and go silent. It just causes both sides to want to dig in all the more.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A good read FA and some FA targets and Money Available

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the CXBA goes, there is a bit of a problem. It's primarily in each individual's head.

The NFLPA is saying, "The players are the product. Without them, there is no product."
The owners are saying, "The players are a major piece of the product. Without stadiums and owners to maintain them, there is no platform for the product."

As far as salaries go, eventually there will be no more room to expand anyone's salary. As dangerous as it may be to play in the NFL, at some unknown point, paying more money will be out of the question. What needs to happen is to guarantee every contract. Cutting a guy after two or three years is no longer an option. Bonuses will be part of the total package and the cap will never have "dead" money. The cap will also have to have a 90% minimum to prevent butthole owners from stashing cash in their own pockets.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Bowlen had a child (girl born in 1988) out of wedlock so add kid #8 to family feud.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Bouye w

A good read FA and some FA targets and Money Available

Bouye will probably end up released so probably wait on him.
Slay is going yo cost a lot plus his salary but he is definitely one of the better CB’s in the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Bowlen had a child (girl born in 1988) out of wedlock so add kid #8 to family feud.

Yeah that part of the story shocked me. Sounds like he also forgot to tell his first wife that he had cheated on her and had this child and she found out from a friend at a party that figured she already knew. This is why this whole situation is just terrible is not only is the team in such a bad situation but also all these secrets about the family are coming to the light that honestly didn't need to.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the CXBA goes, there is a bit of a problem. It's primarily in each individual's head.

The NFLPA is saying, "The players are the product. Without them, there is no product."
The owners are saying, "The players are a major piece of the product. Without stadiums and owners to maintain them, there is no platform for the product."

As far as salaries go, eventually there will be no more room to expand anyone's salary. As dangerous as it may be to play in the NFL, at some unknown point, paying more money will be out of the question. What needs to happen is to guarantee every contract. Cutting a guy after two or three years is no longer an option. Bonuses will be part of the total package and the cap will never have "dead" money. The cap will also have to have a 90% minimum to prevent butthole owners from stashing cash in their own pockets.

The cap is already at something like 93% of cap has to be spent over a 3-year period. So you can have one year where you hold onto quite a bit of cap but that is it. AT some point it still has to be spent. 2011 was the last time they allowed owners to hold onto money like that and some of them even got busted for it.

As for them eventually running out of money. Right now this is why they are trying to expand to other countries and make the NFL a world wide sport. IF they can do that then I don't see the money running out any time soon. Pat Bowlen was the first owner to really suggest expanding the league and encouraging the league to play in other countries. That is starting to pay off as Europe seems to be growing in their love of the NFL quite a bit. Heck I was on a show not too long ago that aired in 3 European Countries talking about the Broncos. Kind of cool other than it was translated into other languages so couldn't understand the finished product.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap is already at something like 93% of cap has to be spent over a 3-year period. So you can have one year where you hold onto quite a bit of cap but that is it. AT some point it still has to be spent. 2011 was the last time they allowed owners to hold onto money like that and some of them even got busted for it.

As for them eventually running out of money. Right now this is why they are trying to expand to other countries and make the NFL a world wide sport. IF they can do that then I don't see the money running out any time soon. Pat Bowlen was the first owner to really suggest expanding the league and encouraging the league to play in other countries. That is starting to pay off as Europe seems to be growing in their love of the NFL quite a bit. Heck I was on a show not too long ago that aired in 3 European Countries talking about the Broncos. Kind of cool other than it was translated into other languages so couldn't understand the finished product.

Expanding to the far east or Europe may be an option, but the problem will always be the travel. A 10 hour round trip to Europe has to be followed with a bye week. 13 hour one way to China or Australia is a whole different bad of wax. I've done the far east flight twice and it's exhausting to be holed up in a 400 foot space for that long a period. I'm sure smarter people than me will figure it out.