• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Bears GM/Coaching Search Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, again I'm not apposed to switching just need to add more players. Just being realistic.
The move to a 3-4 would require a big Nose. Don't have that. In most 3-4ers they play more man coverage on the outside. Don't have enough of those either. Jennings and Fuller are a good start-
Sure Houston/Ratliff played in a 3-4, Ego could do it at nose. And I actually like the idea of moving Allen to OLB- rush guy. (Just like they did with Peppers in GB) Can Willie Young switch to OLB? Get a couple more LB's for sure, needed that anyway.

Again- we needed a complete overhaul on Defense anyway. So switching schemes isn't a terrible idea.
Wait... am I talking myself into a switch? hmmm

A lot of moving parts and drafting for scheme isn't a quick fix. Let's see who the coach is first.

My point has been the front 7 is all that is changing. Last year we had basically no defensive line. We were gonna go buy it anyway, you could have bought for either scheme. We had linebackers in Shea, Greene, Bostic, Briggs with no one set for the middle. Ended up with DJ again, Jones was a huge find, Greene fell off the radar. The only head hunting middle guy we had was sharpton, he was truly stunning when he played, hit gaps, hit hard, made tackles. But like Conte, couldnt keep himself on the field. Right now 4-3, sharpton has the edge as starting middle linebacker for me. Shea can stay on the weak side just like Morrisey, Hunter Hillenmeyer and Roach did and still do a decent job. Now we have Ego, Sutton, Ratliff in the middle. Paea might get a nice deal from somewhere. Washington was drafted as a LB, now doing a combo thing with DEDT. Thats a big end like Houston that works in either scheme.

I have never been 100% for the 3-4, I want something original like the 4-6 was, but at minimum, I would like the 7 front guys to be able to line up and even possibly show 4-3 and end up in a 3-4 or Vice versa. Let these smart ass quarterbacks audible themselves right into a short gain.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Shea can stay on the weak side just like Morrisey, Hunter Hillenmeyer and Roach did and still do a decent job. .

I think you mean strong side.

Shea didn't do a "decent job" there last year, IMO.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean strong side.

Shea didn't do a "decent job" there last year, IMO.

Right, strong, I just cant bring myself to saying strong with Shea, he makes me think weak.

I think in the 3-4 he could handle ILB better, move to the edge if he is gonna rush the passer from the two point stance.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Coaching search: Anyone want Rex Ryan now?

Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's NFL GameDay Morning, per a source informed of Ryan's plans, that the former Jets coach wants to team up with Marc Trestman.

So there is that. Ha.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trestman is gonna make a real good offensive coordinator in this league.

I think he was offered the position in Tampa, but chose to collect some of his 7 million before taking another job.

I do think if we get a name head coach we will be seeing one with personnel approval. I cant see them just turning this all over to Ryan.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who is going to be the new head coach but the only coaches I have reservationseen about are Doug Marrone and John Schoop McDaniels......I could live with just about any of the ones that have been mentioned except those two

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trestman is gonna make a real good offensive coordinator in this league.

I think he was offered the position in Tampa, but chose to collect some of his 7 million before taking another job.

I do think if we get a name head coach we will be seeing one with personnel approval. I cant see them just turning this all over to Ryan.

What over the past year has made you think he would be "a real good offensive coordinator" ??? I'm just curious. He did that job for a long time, then nobody wanted him- so he went to Ca-Nada & just like with the Bears, his second seasons as OC went down the drain.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Ravens eliminated, I'm hoping Kubiak is scheduled for a visit.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing rumors that Kubiak is the bears first choice. I think he is the best candidate if available. My second choice would be Bowles, but I don't think either would get us into the playoffs. Shanny would be my third choice.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Kubiak is your guy. Sounds like Kodiak, so who knows. Might work.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you are going by is a presumptuous ESPN reporter

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you are going by is a presumptuous ESPN reporter

You're input often makes me laugh.

Anyway, how would you rank the candidates? I got it like this....

1. Kubiak (I've always liked him. He's an offensive genius and did fairly well in Houston)
2. Bowles (That Cardinal defense has been down right nasty the last two years and he's a big part of it. They lost their best linebacker for the year and didn't even skip a beat. He might be able to work wonders for the bears defense.)
3. Shannahan (he failed pretty hard in Washington. I kinda doubt he'll be any different in Chicago. I don't really care about his familiarity with Cutler.)
4. Toub, Bevell, etc. I just don't think these guys will be able to turn around this franchise.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it that you like about Kubiak?

He's an aggressive, offensive-minded coach. He has valuable head coaching experience, which will (1) bring more credibility when assembling a DC and coaching staff, (2) aid in game management, and (3) should automatically garner the accountability and respect of the locker room.

His offenses on average have been ranked 8.5 in yardage; and 10.6 in points. And this includes taking over a four-year-old expansion team arguably devoid of play-makers in Houston.

I feel he may be the best candidate out there. Some of these other candidates may just be "one-year-wonders" because of a statistically-friendly system that they landed in, or just happened to coach an elite, future HOF player that happened to be on his roster.

(And he didn't sleep with Eva Braun.)

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're input often makes me laugh.

Anyway, how would you rank the candidates? I got it like this....

1. Kubiak (I've always liked him. He's an offensive genius and did fairly well in Houston)
2. Bowles (That Cardinal defense has been down right nasty the last two years and he's a big part of it. They lost their best linebacker for the year and didn't even skip a beat. He might be able to work wonders for the bears defense.)
3. Shannahan (he failed pretty hard in Washington. I kinda doubt he'll be any different in Chicago. I don't really care about his familiarity with Cutler.)
4. Toub, Bevell, etc. I just don't think these guys will be able to turn around this franchise.

Your wealth of ignorance makes me laugh......

As I have pointed out I'm okay with just about anybody except Doug Marrone and John Schoop McDaniels