• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Bears GM/Coaching Search Thread

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Kubiak is your guy. Sounds like Kodiak, so who knows. Might work.

Yep. That's the prevailing word on the street from more sources than I can count.

Thanks for the information.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leo probably still isn't buying it.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I'm starting to see Kubiak as a good choice too. Looking at who he would bring in... Rick Dennison has been with him at every stop, OC in Houston and QB coach in Baltimore/Denver. Was interviewed for Bears head coaching job last time. Kyle Shanahan was also one of his guys for awhile and is out of a job now too.
Wade Philips as DC? He's still out there too.
Those are some pretty good names with lots of experience to balance our new golden boy GM.
Could work. I'll take it!

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're input often makes me laugh.

Anyway, how would you rank the candidates? I got it like this....

1. Kubiak (I've always liked him. He's an offensive genius and did fairly well in Houston)
2. Bowles (That Cardinal defense has been down right nasty the last two years and he's a big part of it. They lost their best linebacker for the year and didn't even skip a beat. He might be able to work wonders for the bears defense.)
3. Shannahan (he failed pretty hard in Washington. I kinda doubt he'll be any different in Chicago. I don't really care about his familiarity with Cutler.)
4. Toub, Bevell, etc. I just don't think these guys will be able to turn around this franchise.

I'm with you fudge. I like Kubiak and Bowles, I just hope the Bears can land one of them.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of that statement. You really don't have a clue.

Yeah we have all read those and until he signs on the dotted line it is speculation as with all those interviewed.....what else you got dipshit

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that was stupid

Gary Kubiak Staying With Ravens

Anything else dipshit?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe.... We suck again!

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily......Kubiak isn't the coach to end all coaches.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an aggressive, offensive-minded coach. He has valuable head coaching experience, which will (1) bring more credibility when assembling a DC and coaching staff, (2) aid in game management, and (3) should automatically garner the accountability and respect of the locker room.

His offenses on average have been ranked 8.5 in yardage; and 10.6 in points. And this includes taking over a four-year-old expansion team arguably devoid of play-makers in Houston.

I feel he may be the best candidate out there. Some of these other candidates may just be "one-year-wonders" because of a statistically-friendly system that they landed in, or just happened to coach an elite, future HOF player that happened to be on his roster.

(And he didn't sleep with Eva Braun.)

Thanks for the info… all I could really remember is that Kubiak's time in Houston didn’t end particularly well.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ESPN report said we were interested in Kubiak. Not that Kubiak was interested in us. I don't know why you are seeing this as a personal victory. You weren't even right...

Anyway, onto Bowles, hopefully. We will probably end up with joe blow from the arena football league or some other shitty candidate though.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ESPN report said we were interested in Kubiak. Not that Kubiak was interested in us. I don't know why you are seeing this as a personal victory. You weren't even right...

Anyway, onto Bowles, hopefully. We will probably end up with joe blow from the arena football league or some other shitty candidate though.

If I see it as a personal victory it is beause you think the candidate you want is the one that should be picked or else the brass is a failure. Just because you or any of the know it all's think your pick for head coach is the only good choice is comical

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I see it as a personal victory it is beause you think the candidate you want is the one that should be picked or else the brass is a failure. Just because you or any of the know it all's think your pick for head coach is the only good choice is comical

When did I say this? Assumptions make an ass out of you and me.

Honestly, I don't think any available coaches will bring us to a Super Bowl win. That includes Kubiak.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another excuse for you to use against the team. Now you will claim the Bears had to go to plan b or c.blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another excuse for you to use against the team. Now you will claim the Bears had to go to plan b or c.blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I just said I don't think any coach available would lead us to a Super Bowl. Are you drunk? It really doesn't matter if it's plan a, b, or c, blah blah blah etc.