• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Bears GM/Coaching Search Thread

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my mother was a nurse for 32 years you fucking assholes.
if hockey players have ways to manage diabetes, so can Jay.
In other words people that know way fucking more than y'all couch potato asses are working on people's health problems.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words people that know way fucking more than y'all couch potato asses are working on people's health problems.

Too bad she wasn't a English teacher. You might have some reading comprehension then.

But continue to rage on, it's entertaining at least.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm not working on health issues, I've just watched what it does to people I know. Sorry dude for interjecting personal experience, but if your Mom really said that (and I sort of doubt it), then excuse me for saying so, but she is an idiot, and I pity her patients.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it weird at the time that I was the only one that noticed this about Cutler.

Throughout the 2012 season, he continuously lost a DRRRRAAASSTIC amount of weight. In week 16, in Arizona, he straight up looked like he was half dead. Pale, skinny as a twig…

He was also pretty damn bad in those final two games, despite the Bears winning. The end of 2010 and in 2011 was the best I ever saw Cutler look, and all signs point to that being the best we will ever see him look. Is this just coincidence with the weight fluctuation in 2012? I don't know.

But if you look back to highlights of him in Denver and his time in Chicago through 2011. You see a healthy, athletic, strong looking Cutler… with some extra weight on him. But if anything, IMO… it looked a ton better on him at QB. Over the past year or two, he kind of just looks weak. I'd like to know why this happened, because at the very least, there WAS absolutely a weight loss.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it weird at the time that I was the only one that noticed this about Cutler.

Throughout the 2012 season, he continuously lost a DRRRRAAASSTIC amount of weight. In week 16, in Arizona, he straight up looked like he was half dead. Pale, skinny as a twig…

He was also pretty damn bad in those final two games, despite the Bears winning. The end of 2010 and in 2011 was the best I ever saw Cutler look, and all signs point to that being the best we will ever see him look. Is this just coincidence with the weight fluctuation in 2012? I don't know.

But if you look back to highlights of him in Denver and his time in Chicago through 2011. You see a healthy, athletic, strong looking Cutler… with some extra weight on him. But if anything, IMO… it looked a ton better on him at QB. Over the past year or two, he kind of just looks weak. I'd like to know why this happened, because at the very least, there WAS absolutely a weight loss.

I believe I have the answer for this and it's not medical related.

Kids.
They suck the life right outta you.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed it, I commented on the diabetes regimen from when he came here from Denver and how it effected him during any non 12:00 noon sunday train and still got run over by the runaway joey truck.

You set the timeline, 2009 was up and down with late games Lovies guys worked it out with cutler by the end of the second year. This season with all the odd timed games are just too much. Also like Dirk says and I didnt even consider, you are even adding babies waking him up thru and not getting enough rest. He needs to get back well and even though its a tough schedule against the west, maybe they leave us off the national schedule and it leads to 11 wins. I hope the staff that is left also noticed the difference and figure out different nutritional needs for Jays condition.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unconfirmed reports that Chris Ballard has already been offered and accepted the Chicago Bears GM job.
This is why he turned down the GM interview offers for Jets and Eagles.

More to come... Again UNCONFIRMED. Heard it first on 670 the Score.
Interesting- If true they can start moving on to Coaching jobs. Trestman was hired on January 16th two years ago.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowles is reportedly scheduled this weekend for his interview. Bears are fourth on his schedule. There is a chance he does not even make it to the weekend.

All I want to hear from Ballard was he wanted Chandler Jones in 2012. That would make me feel a little better. Its too much like Emery, being the favorite, offered the job, then went thru the motions with other candidates seeing if they were better. At least the Chiefs were better the one year Ballard worked there.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballard was with the Chiefs for 2 years. The thing I kinda like about Ballard is he was asked to interview with other clubs. (unlike Emery...who was an odd out of nowhere hire) Tells me that he's not just a "Bears guy" While the 11 years of his career were spend under Angelo and Emery... I can just hope he was a guy yelling at Emery- "Don't draft McClellin that early!!" and Emery just did what he wanted. Who knows.

Also: Shanahan is scheduled to interview w/Bears this weekend.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unconfirmed reports that Chris Ballard has already been offered and accepted the Chicago Bears GM job.
This is why he turned down the GM interview offers for Jets and Eagles.

More to come... Again UNCONFIRMED. Heard it first on 670 the Score.
Interesting- If true they can start moving on to Coaching jobs. Trestman was hired on January 16th two years ago.

The Score might have jumped the gun on their story. I just saw a Tribune article that states the Bears are starting their GM interviews this week (today), and Ballard will be interviewing tomorrow.

Bears to begin GM interviews Tuesday with Titans' Lake Dawson - Chicago Tribune

I want the Bears to get this right, and it seems pretty odd that they’ve already interviewed two coaching candidates, and are just now getting around to GM interviews. If I was a HC candidate being courted by multiple teams, I might not place the team still searching for a GM near the top of my priority list (as anotheridiot suggested)… GMs typically like to have “their guy” in-place as HC, and prospective coaches might not view the Bears current state of affairs as ideal if there’s even a remote chance they won’t be on the same page as a GM who hasn’t even been hired yet.

As I already mentioned, I just want Phillips/McCaskey to get it right. If they don’t have a GM in place by this time next week, I will probably have more concerns over the future of the team than I already do.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually listening when Mulligan and hanley had Brad biggs on and he clamed that Haugh had something to do with the Ballard story, and just said it was like when Emery was hired, their minds were made up but still gave other candidates the opportunity to change their mind.

Kinda think Ernie would do it differently.

Biggs also commented that Emery was not hired til Jan 29th, but since Lovie was still in place, it wasnt as important as making a decision now. I am still waiting for Eliot Wolf to get an interview, you cant beat green bays draft choices and lack of needing free agents.

Actual schedule was
Lake Dawson, Titans VP of PP Today
Ballard and Ryan Pace of the saints scheduled for wednesday.

I guess we need to root extra for Dallas to see if Wolf would be given permission next week.

from the trib article:

If a team hires Bowles before he can interview with the Bears on Saturday, they would consider other minority coaching candidates.

John Wooten, chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance that promotes diversity in NFL hiring, said he would recommend two to the Bears: Mike Singletary, the former 49ers coach and Bears Hall of Fame linebacker, and Packers assistant head coach/linebackers Winston Moss.

again, you need one minority candidate for either the head coach or GM position, which also could include Newsomes kid in baltimore if Bowles gets hired quick.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lake Dawson fills the diversity requirement. I'm not sure about the Bowels thing though- I can't fault a team that schedules a guy, but the guy takes a job before that.
Bowels is a legit candidate, I would hate to interview a guy who's truly not a candidate just because he's a minority. That's kinda shitty for both parties.

I think you are probably right with the Ballard story- They already made up their mind but are giving others a chance (and fill that Diversity thing)
Now more talk of Shanahan too. Ballard would have Shanahan & Dave Taub as top two on his list. Interesting.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angelo/Emery/Ballard....Don't like it.

It translates to Angelo/protege/protege.

Which translates to more of the same, IMO.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannahan seems to be waiting for his phone to ring. Said bears were his number one choice.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Angelo/Emery/Ballard....Don't like it.

It translates to Angelo/protege/protege.

Which translates to more of the same, IMO.

yeah I hear you. Why would we want Angelo's chief of scouting? His scouting is precisely what I disliked about Angelo, and now we are going to bring in the head honcho of that mess?

Dubious. Hopefully this is just typical media rumor nonsense.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannahan seems to be waiting for his phone to ring. Said bears were his number one choice.

I guess his tenure with the Redskins is still a little too fresh in everyone’s memories...

C

cubzzzfanincali

How about instead of Ballard, we look at guys like Tom Heckert, Scott McCloughan, Nick Caserio, Matt Russell, maybe Eliot Wolf. Maybe even Eric DeCosta. The fact that Heckert and Russell have DUIs is so completely irrelevant to me it isn't even funny. We should be looking at them, they are good.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballard is kinda two fold. We still had a pretty good defense when he was here and those are the days we need to get back to. So at least he knows where we strayed. Talent on offense should make it easier to work out.

First year ballard was here we drafted Urlacher #7. At least he has that going for us, whether he was acutally hired at that point or not.

One of Georgies comments was he wanted opponents to know they went thru hell when they played the bears, all three phases. Gotta like that too.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing we don't know, and will never know, with Ballard... (or anyone) is It's possible he was screaming and standing on tables asking to draft someone great, and Jerry went in another direction. That's the only hope I can go with.
Peanut, just gave Ballard a glowing endorsement. Saying "I would not be here, if not for Chris Ballard"... I still say every GM is going to have hits and misses. I just want way more hits then what we have seen. And I could live with consensus picks- where it makes sense they were drafted at appropriate spots. Shea was a terrible pick in the first round- and if gotten in 2nd would have been a good pick. I could have lived with that. (or been justified) Just like we didn't really understand or like the Long pick in the 1st, but that turned out to be great. Just want to be able to say- Yeah, I get that pick. At the very least.

DeCosta isn't interviewing anywhere- He's next in line in Baltimore and likely won't go anywhere, Scot McCloughan is now linked to being the New GM in Washington. And there just simply isn't any retread GM's. It just doesn't happen.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeCosta sees Vincent moving up the ladder. I dont think Ozzie would want him as his assistant, but I dont think I am reaching too far in thinking Ozzie wants Vincent to take over for him and DeCosta has to notice family ties. I mean the guys we are interviewing are basically in Vincents job description. I highly doubt Ozzie gets fired and I doubt they dont take his suggestion when he retires.