• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Rangers want this piece-of-shit on it's team! You're kidding. What a club house cancer he would be.

Cut this outta control fool now.
One may wonder why he is still around. Gotta go.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One may wonder why he is still around. Gotta go.[/QUOTE

He may have a few good years in him, but his overall body of work is going to be a train wreck.

Honestly, I'm quite surprised JD & Co hasn't cut ties with this ass-wipe already. Maybe I'm wrong and this is EXACTLY what they are doing; in a manner of speaking. We keep him now, and if he shows to be any a disruption in the clubhouse, or doesn't respond well to coaching at the highest level, then we release him to his next victim. And quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... but you also can't deny what he's been able to accomplish the last 1.5-2 years.. He has gotten significantly better in AA/AAA.

He has just unfortunately ran out of development time in the minors....

He doesn't need time nor development. He needs a lobotomy.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Rangers want this piece-of-shit on it's team! You're kidding. What a club house cancer he would be.

I think you are being a bit extreme in calling him a POS for 2 incidents which happened back in 2010-2011. While his actions were immature and inappropriate, he was only a 20-21 yr old kid at the time. In both instances he was provoked and lashed out. I'm not defending his actions, mind you, because in both instances he lost control and stepped over the line of acceptable behavior. But those trashy fans in San Antonio were pelting the Frisco players with water bottles. Engel lost his cool and threw something back. In the walk-off HR fight, he was trotting around too cocky and several of the Visalia infielders were basically challenging him to fight because of it. And once again he chose the wrong reaction to it.

I think that all those two instances prove about Engel Beltre is that he was very immature as a 20 yr old who didn't know how to keep his cool. He's 24 now and has undoubtedly been counseled since then on how to act like a professional. Mature young guys like Profar make people forget that many people his age are far less grown up. Bottom line is that unless Engel keeps repeating that pattern of troublesome behavior, I think it is a bit premature to label him as a horrible person who deserves to be cut immediately.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are being a bit extreme in calling him a POS for 2 incidents which happened back in 2010-2011. While his actions were immature and inappropriate, he was only a 20-21 yr old kid at the time. In both instances he was provoked and lashed out. I'm not defending his actions, mind you, because in both instances he lost control and stepped over the line of acceptable behavior. But those trashy fans in San Antonio were pelting the Frisco players with water bottles. Engel lost his cool and threw something back. In the walk-off HR fight, he was trotting around too cocky and several of the Visalia infielders were basically challenging him to fight because of it. And once again he chose the wrong reaction to it.

I think that all those two instances prove about Engel Beltre is that he was very immature as a 20 yr old who didn't know how to keep his cool. He's 24 now and has undoubtedly been counseled since then on how to act like a professional. Mature young guys like Profar make people forget that many people his age are far less grown up. Bottom line is that unless Engel keeps repeating that pattern of troublesome behavior, I think it is a bit premature to label him as a horrible person who deserves to be cut immediately.

I'l grant ya I may have "overstated" my case here. However, you seem to be excellent at making excuses. He's been around professional players/coaching for years and years. NO, he hasn't thrown a trash can, started a fight, etc, or at least to my knowledge, in the past 12 months.

Initially, I was addressing this guys baseball abilities - both mentally and physically - and nothing more. And I think I stated this just fine. Make no apologizes.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to change the subject, but please go to ESPN, online, and check out the article on how the Redskins singed "away from the Cowboys" Jason Hatcher.

Snyder may actually be more delusional than JJ.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to change the subject, but please go to ESPN, online, and check out the article on how the Redskins singed "away from the Cowboys" Jason Hatcher.

Snyder may actually be more delusional than JJ.

Damn I can't believe I went over there because of course I had to read what some of those dumbass Facebook posters are saying and now I feel my intelligence level has dropped 20 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I can't believe I went over there because of course I had to read what some of those dumbass Facebook posters are saying and now I feel my intelligence level has dropped 20 points.

Sorry.....too me it was a comical read.

Honestly, I go over there about every two days and see something about my favorite college B ball team (Memphis) or football (Tenn), etc......it really matters not.....this silly crap is amazing.......do they try?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh ST televised baseball, getting closer to the real thing. Get to watch most of the regulars tonight besides Profar and see Perez pitch. This should help fix some of my baseball DT's.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'l grant ya I may have "overstated" my case here. However, you seem to be excellent at making excuses. He's been around professional players/coaching for years and years. NO, he hasn't thrown a trash can, started a fight, etc, or at least to my knowledge, in the past 12 months.

Initially, I was addressing this guys baseball abilities - both mentally and physically - and nothing more. And I think I stated this just fine. Make no apologizes.

His playing abilities might not be all that great. That's one thing. But I don't think I'm "making excuses" by saying it's a bit extreme for calling a once-immature 20-yr old a "POS" and a "cancer" just because of a few stupid things the kid did when he just entered his 20's. What he did back in 2010 in single A ball has no bearing on him being a cancer to the Rangers now.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Choo and Fielder did what we paid them to do. Choo took a walk and Fielder ripped one 395 ft. Beltre just got under that one too.

I think it's telling that the regulars are out there with Lillibridge and not Rosales.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he can play stellar CF defense, get on base at a semi-respectable clip and not be an easy out on the base paths, then he could be a serviceable 4th OF. I don't care about him fighting w fans 3 years ago...I wouldn't want a team full of choir boys anyhow.

But, this certainly makes my prediction of Choice spending more time on MLB roster than AAA a little safer. The jury is definitely out on my Feliz All Star prediction tho. Haha

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Choo and Fielder did what we paid them to do. Choo took a walk and Fielder ripped one 395 ft. Beltre just got under that one too.

I think it's telling that the regulars are out there with Lillibridge and not Rosales.

Seemed like Choo took a terrible slide on that DP grounder by Andrus. And, Fielder hit a rocket.

Our uniforms look way better without that drop shadow

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out is cookie talk. In is papa johns pizza talk

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a game thread for tonight imo....

Not sure I like how the instant replay went down. Teams were already off the field, and Perez had to warm up again. Hope they get better about that during the season...

Also, kinda like hearing Matt Hicks on tv... I mean, he and Eric do a great job on radio....but I wouldn't mind hearing him do the tv broadcast...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His playing abilities might not be all that great. That's one thing. But I don't think I'm "making excuses" by saying it's a bit extreme for calling a once-immature 20-yr old a "POS" and a "cancer" just because of a few stupid things the kid did when he just entered his 20's. What he did back in 2010 in single A ball has no bearing on him being a cancer to the Rangers now.

Oh....please. Like he's not playing the same "immature" baseball he always has without being the "once immature" 20 year old. Runs around the base pads like a moose on meth, throws the ball to whatever base he wants, etc.

Wash has called him out, specifically and recently. But Jesus - but we all know how full-of-shit he is - so I guess I'm not on board with ya on this guy at all.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like Choo took a terrible slide on that DP grounder by Andrus. And, Fielder hit a rocket.

Our uniforms look way better without that drop shadow

Yeah I think it looked goofy because he thought he was going to have to avoid the tag then the 2B flipped it to the SS.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a game thread for tonight imo....

Not sure I like how the instant replay went down. Teams were already off the field, and Perez had to warm up again. Hope they get better about that during the season...

Also, kinda like hearing Matt Hicks on tv... I mean, he and Eric do a great job on radio....but I wouldn't mind hearing him do the tv broadcast...

Bring back Lewin! Nolan's biggest gaffe was firing Lewin