• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes it a little better I guess, maybe but not sure? I didn't see that in the box score on CBS, damn I hate non-televised games.

The scorer gave him a triple but it should have been an error. They said that every CFer in the league should catch that one. The ground ball that scored a run was a chopper of that concrete IF.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best thing in the last 2 days is Choo is hitting lefties. If he can bring that average up against lefties he's going to have a monster year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that none of us know anything, outside of Darvish & Perez, until the season starts

Too many matter of fact statements for my liking, especially for something that has too many questions to be certain

If any 3 of Saunders, Hanson, Lewis and Tepesch pitch lights out, and Ogando struggles then Ogando may end up in the bullpen, nobody knows for certain yet

Is it likely? perhaps, depending on who you ask... but there's enough uncertainty to be staying away such statements, if you want to preface such statements with IMO, knock yourself out

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aye aye captain! IMO you take this WAYYYYYYY too serious! IMO this is friendly banter among fans

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aye aye captain! IMO you take this WAYYYYYYY too serious! IMO this is friendly banter among fans

Just playing by the rules established by others,

Just stating the obvious difference between Ogando will be in the rotation vs Ogando will probably be in the rotation

And you said yourself you didn't know jack about Saunders before making judgements about him based on what you "remembered"

If Joe Saunders gives us more 2012 and less 2013, its a good signing... but looking at his BABIP he looks to have been pretty unlucky in 2013

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's fine then...you keep this thing stoic and police everyone...I'll just keep coming for the friendly banter...to each their own

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you yell at people to sit down in front of you at the game too and for kids to get out of your yard...haha

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scorer gave him a triple but it should have been an error. They said that every CFer in the league should catch that one. The ground ball that scored a run was a chopper of that concrete IF.

Like I have said Leonys has a great arm and speed but still has work on reading the ball off the bat and taking the right routes. Hopefully that will come with experience. And I am not ever crazy about someone as slow footed a Moreland playing RF.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you yell at people to sit down in front of you at the game too and for kids to get out of your yard...haha

And now we're making assumptions about how I act in public, ANOTHER subject in which you are completely ignorant, you're on a roll today. Keep'em coming.:10:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you had just used a ? mark then you might have been OK.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many matter of fact statements for my liking, especially for something that has too many questions to be certain

If any 3 of Saunders, Hanson, Lewis and Tepesch pitch lights out, and Ogando struggles then Ogando may end up in the bullpen, nobody knows for certain yet

Is it likely? perhaps, depending on who you ask... but there's enough uncertainty to be staying away such statements, if you want to preface such statements with IMO, knock yourself out

It is too early to be "certain" of anything, I agree and suspect most of the fans do too.

However, it's a ST thread and naturally fans are talking about ST.
Imagine that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have said Leonys has a great arm and speed but still has work on reading the ball off the bat and taking the right routes. Hopefully that will come with experience. And I am not ever crazy about someone as slow footed a Moreland playing RF.

:agree:........on both points.

This is what is going to make the backup OF spot and who we keep interesting. I'm sticking with Beltre to be here unless a trade partner comes up.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is too early to be "certain" of anything, I agree and suspect most of the fans do too.

However, it's a ST thread and naturally fans are talking about ST.
Imagine that.

I wasn't the one being down on someone else's opinions, that's why I originally brought it up, sounding like a know it all and not knowing anything themselves

Its all semantics I guess, I guess we should just let people say whatever they hell they want and become a new ESPN board, and not be called out for it... sounds good to me

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the Angels ST:

Mike SciosciaThis guy is a special player, and we've only seen the tip of what he can do. He's a Gold Glove first baseman. He runs the bases well. He's going to be a different player this year because his tools have been rebuilt. He's able to move, he's able to run, and he's stronger in the box. He's excited about that, as we are.

-- Mike Scioscia, Angels
manager, on Pujols

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the Angels ST:

Mike SciosciaThis guy is a special player, and we've only seen the tip of what he can do. He's a Gold Glove first baseman. He runs the bases well. He's going to be a different player this year because his tools have been rebuilt. He's able to move, he's able to run, and he's stronger in the box. He's excited about that, as we are.

-- Mike Scioscia, Angels
manager, on Pujols

He talks about him like he's a rookie or something

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He talks about him like he's a rookie or something

Honestly, that first sentence cracked me up...."we've only seen the tip of the iceberg." Although, he does seem to move like one sometimes, I'm pretty sure this wasn't what he was meaning.

Other than him being with the halo's I've got nothing against this guy. But to think the best is yet to behold is somewhere between foolish, delusional, full-of-crap, or just trying to keep his job. You decide.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, that first sentence cracked me up...."we've only seen the tip of the iceberg." Although, he does seem to move like one sometimes, I'm pretty sure this wasn't what he was meaning.

Other than him being with the halo's I've got nothing against this guy. But to think the best is yet to behold is somewhere between foolish, delusional, full-of-crap, or just trying to keep his job. You decide.

Mmmmm, those are some good choices. I pick full-of-crap since it can fall in the motivational category. :rollseyes:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't the one being down on someone else's opinions, that's why I originally brought it up, sounding like a know it all and not knowing anything themselves

Its all semantics I guess, I guess we should just let people say whatever they hell they want and become a new ESPN board, and not be called out for it... sounds good to me

"the new ESPN board", huh?

Fans argued and things would get 'nasty' (or "called out") as much, if not more so than here.