• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Adcock. Comes in to pitch the ninth w/ a 2 run lead and walks 3 batters.

White Sox with a 5 run ninth, WOW way to hold them. Well at least Adcock and Richmond won't really be pushing for spots on the big league club. Feliz and his 3 hits and 2 ER is a little more concerning, oh well hopefully he was working on some things. It is still early, health is really more of a factor at this point. Lets get all theses guys through ST and healthy and back in game shape.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job Adcock. Comes in to pitch the ninth w/ a 2 run lead and walks 3 batters.

This guy still has options, and one of em is to get-the-hell-outta town. But what concerns me, and greatly, is how poorly Feliz is pitching. His ERA is now at 18.

However, at least Kouzmanoff had a really nice day. It might get interesting to see what we do with our utility/backup IF position.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers broadcast ended because the station covers the Mavs game so I switched over to the Sox broadcast. The guy was seriously trying to justify having Beckham over Cano. Someone called in and said "yeah, but you would rather have Cano right", and the guy would not come out and say yes. Oh to be a homer of a bad team. I remember what it's like.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were bragging about him in winter ball.

I remember reading how he was doing well in winter ball, hopefully just a bump in the road. I would like to hear where he is with his velocity so far in ST

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy still has options, and one of em is to get-the-hell-outta town. But what concerns me, and greatly, is how poorly Feliz is pitching. His ERA is now at 18.

However, at least Kouzmanoff had a really nice day. It might get interesting to see what we do with our utility/backup IF position.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Rosales can play all 4 which might give him an advantage. Although, I think Lillibridge and Kouzmanoff are better players and can take care of all 4 collectively. If Choice starts in AAA then I would think KK would be the RH DH option.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing earlier. Rosales can play all 4 which might give him an advantage. Although, I think Lillibridge and Kouzmanoff are better players and can take care of all 4 collectively. If Choice starts in AAA then I would think KK would be the RH DH option.

That's an interesting option you throw out for the DH position.

Rosales just doesn't excite me, and Lillibridge's average worries me. However, like his occasional pop and speed. But KK might just be our Baker for this season.

Strictly speaking from a defensive standpoint, who is the better player of the 3?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This on Kirkman: LHP Michael Kirkman retired the first five baters he faced before allowing a bloop single in the fourth. Derek Norris followed with a double, but Kirkman struck out Nate Freiman to end the inning.

This on Beltre: OF Engel Beltre was caught stealing second and thrown out trying to go from first to third on a single. Awful baserunning might be the only thing that could keep the out-of-options Beltre off the team.

These were in Sports Day today.

Who was it who thought Beltre was the protypical 4OF and an excellent base runner that every team would want as its 4OF?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. If he's not going to be a starter, he's not going to succeed.

Having to catch up I know ... but agree Kirkman is an SP and past efforts to put him in the bullpen have failed simply because that's not who he is. If he lights it up to force a rotation role in 2014 it certainly changes the dynamics.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was it who thought Beltre was the protypical 4OF and an excellent base runner that every team would want as its 4OF?

That would be me, and that's not what I said. I said he's a great defender, has blazing speed and has the talent to make it as a fourth outfielder on most teams. If you're going to try to call me out, at least get what I said right.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to catch up I know ... but agree Kirkman is an SP and past efforts to put him in the bullpen have failed simply because that's not who he is. If he lights it up to force a rotation role in 2014 it certainly changes the dynamics.

I hope he does light it up. He's got the stuff to be a nice starter in someone's rotation, and given our need for starting pitching I'd prefer it be us.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting option you throw out for the DH position.

Rosales just doesn't excite me, and Lillibridge's average worries me. However, like his occasional pop and speed. But KK might just be our Baker for this season.

Strictly speaking from a defensive standpoint, who is the better player of the 3?

Rosales is probably the best defensively, and can play all 4 IF positions. Brent plays 2nd and SS, and KK plays 3rd and 1st I believe.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That would be me, and that's not what I said. I said he's a great defender, has blazing speed and has the talent to make it as a fourth outfielder on most teams. If you're going to try to call me out, at least get what I said right.

Apparently his blazing speed isn't enough to keep him from getting thrown out running the bases.

If you are contending for a 4OF roster spot ... you cannot get thrown out on base. That takes away from half the reasons you are ever in a game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently his blazing speed isn't enough to keep him from getting thrown out running the bases.

If you are contending for a 4OF roster spot ... you cannot get thrown out on base. That takes away from half the reasons you are ever in a game.

Blazing speed won't make up for stupid base running.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers base-running as a whole has been awful. We've been thrown out 4 out of 5 stealing. There's been a lot of outs on the bases.

That seems to be our MO the last few years. The giving up out on the bases that is.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were bragging about him in winter ball.

I do recall that but when I heard that it seemed to me that the overall results were just average. Do you remember what is overall results were in winter ball?