• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have released righty Armando Galarraga, Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News reports. The 32-year-old of near-perfect-game fame had a 3.64 ERA in 121 Triple-A innings last year. In spite of the rash of starting pitching injuries in Texas, Galarraga never got a chance to throw in an MLB Spring Training game

I forgot we had him. I wonder why he never got a chance.

2012 was the last time he had any ML time and it was horrific. Looks like Texas didn't miss out on him when they had him the first time.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 was the last time he had any ML time and it was horrific. Looks like Texas didn't miss out on him when they had him the first time.

Decent year in 2008 but he has been bad aside from the near perfect, perfect game. The guy just can't seem to put it all together and he is on the wrong side of 30 and declining it appears

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me it isn't Chi Chi or LuJack?

No one knows yet, but Tepid. He's not at liberty to share such information though, because the organization releases information on the injured and not a prospect beat writer. It would be a shitstorm if the player's personal info got out before the team told it I would think.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows yet, but Tepid. He's not at liberty to share such information though, because the organization releases information on the injured and not a prospect beat writer. It would be a shitstorm if the player's personal info got out before the team told it I would think.

Yeah I understand. It was mostly rhetorical and me just typing out loud but that would just be more piling on of really shitty news, if it was one of those 2 guys. Need some good news soon, as the last couple days news has sucked.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I understand. It was mostly rhetorical and me just typing out loud but that would just be more piling on of really shitty news, if it was one of those 2 guys. Need some good news soon, as the last couple days news has sucked.

It sucks period. Sucks for the kid mostly and the organization as well. Lots of blah.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks period. Sucks for the kid mostly and the organization as well. Lots of blah.

Definitely agree, it really sucks for any player it may be and the organization. Hope this misfortune ends soon for the players and the club. It isn't the end of the world but the volume of guys going down is definitely disturbing to say the least.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree, it really sucks for any player it may be and the organization. Hope this misfortune ends soon for the players and the club. It isn't the end of the world but the volume of guys going down is definitely disturbing to say the least.

Baseball is supposed to be my escape from life. This shit isn't supposed to add more stress to my life....

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is supposed to be my escape from life. This shit isn't supposed to add more stress to my life....

I have to ultimately let it go, though baseball tends to consume me. If this year ends up being a down year, so be it and I will pick it up next year and can't have it consume my life

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ultimately let it go, though baseball tends to consume me. If this year ends up being a down year, so be it and I will pick it up next year and can't have it consume my life

The past four years have totally consumed me and have been extremely fun. It might actually be better for me as well for them to go through a down tick. I don't want the anger of losing 90 games to totally ruin the next nine months of life.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The past four years have totally consumed me and have been extremely fun. It might actually be better for me as well for them to go through a down tick. I don't want the anger of losing 90 games to totally ruin the next nine months of life.

I would love to be able to just step away and let the season play out, but I seriously doubt I could do that. I will do my best to stay around if they are winning and remove myself if the team is not competitive. I have no doubt i will keep coming back however, I'm just that much of a homer

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to be able to just step away and let the season play out, but I seriously doubt I could do that. I will do my best to stay around if they are winning and remove myself if the team is not competitive. I have no doubt i will keep coming back however, I'm just that much of a homer

I might just treat this season the way I do with the Cowboys, and that is watch when I can, but not go totally out of my way to make it a priority to watch 100+ games this year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely frustrating but even when we were garbage which was most of our existence I would still watch and root for small things like a player or two doing well. I love baseball but I cannot usually just watch any baseball it really has to be the Rangers. So I will still watch but I hope it does not get to the point of watching for those smaller things again. Time will tell.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ray of sunshine to start your day.

SURPRISE, Ariz. — Left-hander Matt Harrison said his velocity jumped a good two miles per hour Sunday from his last outing, leaving Harrison more optimistic he could be back in the rotation by mid-April.

Harrison said his velocity in his three-inning stint in a minor league game, averaged between 90-93 mph, up from 88-90 in his last outing. In 2012, when Harrison pitched more than 200 innings, he averaged 92.1 mph with the fastball.

“I could tell that the ball was coming out better and that I was getting more extension,” Harrison said. “As I threw more pitches, it got better. And as the velocity pushed up, my breaking ball got better.”

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And official.

If Darvish goes on the DL.....

Last edited by a moderator:

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems the Curse of Ian Kinsler is in full effect!