• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Tepesch who pitched against Wainright and the Rangers won 2-1. Perez faced Miller in a 4-2 game.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of the game that Tepesch pitched. Perez pitched really well the game before. One of them was my favorite game from last year, I just can't remember which one.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of the game that Tepesch pitched. Perez pitched really well the game before. One of them was my favorite game from last year, I just can't remember which one.

LOL! Hey, they are all good win you win.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Skole must feel good. He plays at MB and has been avg to below avg. Gets to pinch run for Moreland and gets picked off 1st. Ahhh, those spring training memories.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant cheerios lol sorry i typed before i thought that one through. still though

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shitty past couple of days eh? Something else everyday. Now we get to see our future catcher for an extended period which should be interesting. Ya never know, maybe he shocks everyone and is actually a productive mlb hitter already

Chirinos is 29 years old. I hope he's not the catcher of the future because that means something went wrong with Alfaro.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant cheerios lol sorry i typed before i thought that one through. still though

One thing is clear... Neither of us can spell his name but at least yours was probably on purpose :suds:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Rangers right now, I seriously button down the hatch and fill in where we can. I'm hearing all this nonsense on the radio about trading for this and that.

Don't want to punt the season, but to over react and lose some AA or below prospects in hopes of treading water until the cavalry shows isn't much of a plan IMO.

I'm responding to talking head/ill informed radio chatter and not what is or has gone on here. I've been gone all day, but from reading a few pages back everyone here seems to be fine. If there is a fine the way our lineup is crumbling.

On the positive side, if Tanner comes out strong, Yu's health is good, and Lewis/Harry come in ready in say 3 weeks, it "might" not be as bad as it seems right now.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Rangers right now, I seriously button down the hatch and fill in where we can. I'm hearing all this nonsense on the radio about trading for this and that.

Don't want to punt the season, but to over react and lose some AA or below prospects in hopes of treading water until the cavalry shows isn't much of a plan IMO.

I'm responding to talking head/ill informed radio chatter and not what is or has gone on here. I've been gone all day, but from reading a few pages back everyone here seems to be fine. If there is a fine the way our lineup is crumbling.

On the positive side, if Tanner comes out strong, Yu's health is good, and Lewis/Harry come in ready in say 3 weeks, it "might" not be as bad as it seems right now.

Agreed, the list is too extensive, just have to do the best we can with what we have and bide our time, its going to be rough and may sink the season before it starts, but maybe its a learning experience for everyone

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the list is too extensive, just have to do the best we can with what we have and bide our time, its going to be rough and may sink the season before it starts, but maybe its a learning experience for everyone

That's a possibility but I think they might just surprise all of us two. You never really know till the season starts. Personally, even before all these injuries started to pile up I didn't have huge goals in mind for this team. Winning a playoff spot no matter how would be satisfying enough for me at this point and as it stands they got a 1 in 3 shot of doing so. On paper I would still say the offense still should produce and seems better than what we had last year. The question marks to me really reside in the rotation and what they are able to put together. I would like to think Ross and Scheppers can provide even more support than Grimm and Tepecsh did last year. They are at least more seasoned in the MLB. I think they are going to have to as well. Because if I had to put money on it, its going to take Harry a little bit- maybe mid-season- to find his stride. And I really don't expect that much from Holland this season until maybe the final month or so and that may be a reach. To me it all hinges on the rotation...not to worried about the offense.

I'm hoping that Chirinos works well with with the pitchers because I think is bat will be more effective. Not to mention JP really isn't to great of a defensive catcher either but maybe some of that has to do with catching on that crappy turf.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely keep the solutions in house. Right now we're sorta in a maintaining mode. If we can maintain until the ASB then we're posed to do a ton of damage the second half. Not only will we have profar holland and soto back, but we'll also be poised to make an impactful move at the trade deadline. And in all good fortune, perhaps some of these depth players that are gonna help us in the first half can increase their stock and we can at least see what they're worth

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So its looking like a line up of:

1. Choo, LF
2. Andrus, SS - if healthy
3. Fielder, 1B
4. Beltre, 3B
5. Rios, RF
6. Choice, DH (Moreland- looking like Choice is really the better choice anyway)
7. Chirinos/JP, C
8. Wilson/ Rosales/Lillibridge/ dreams of Odor, 2B
9. Martin

Outside of bottom 3 thats a pretty solid lineup and those bottom 3 (beyond 8) all have nice potential. I think many of us had our doubts about 7-9 this winter anyway. If Choo, Fielder, and Beltre do what we paid them for I think we will be fine. I just hope Choo plays the way he did last season and not the way he has played in ST.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely keep the solutions in house. Right now we're sorta in a maintaining mode. If we can maintain until the ASB then we're posed to do a ton of damage the second half. Not only will we have profar holland and soto back, but we'll also be poised to make an impactful move at the trade deadline. And in all good fortune, perhaps some of these depth players that are gonna help us in the first half can increase their stock and we can at least see what they're worth

Hopefully our second half schedule is easier than the first half..... We might need a 5-10 game winning streak or 2 in the second half of the season.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win home series and dont get swept on the road. Just gotta maintain

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont even....

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty tired of the shit stick being shaken at this franchise.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have released righty Armando Galarraga, Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News reports. The 32-year-old of near-perfect-game fame had a 3.64 ERA in 121 Triple-A innings last year. In spite of the rash of starting pitching injuries in Texas, Galarraga never got a chance to throw in an MLB Spring Training game

I forgot we had him. I wonder why he never got a chance.

Last edited by a moderator: