• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry, but are baseball players the most fragile humans on Earth?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season looks like it could be over before it starts. What a kick to the junk

While I realize this is a reaction to all the injury news.......... gotta ask... how?

There are 162 games yet to play.

Do I see the Rangers leading the West at the AS break? No... not exactly. But I also dont see them being 20 games back.
It'll be ok everyone... take a step back from the ledge.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I just think that injuries are more of a question than only a half season of success. Colby has been gone for a year and a half, so I consider him more of a question that I do any of the pitchers for oakland. I realize I'm being pessimistic, but cmon now.... its difficult not to be. We couldve gone with the plan, and signed morales while trading moreland and pitching for a top pitcher and we'd still be lacking depth that we're confident in, am i right? I know every team has questions, but there isnt a team in the division with the injuries and questions that we have in my opinion. not even really close.

Saying walker and paxton are "questions" is the same as saying profar is a question. And although he is, the majority of people think that profars gonna be an outstanding player. I think paxton and walker will be very formidable. Now if youre saying they wont reach that level this year, thats sorta a different argument, but I have a feeling that seattles rotation 2 years from now will be better than ours or anyone elses in our division.

re you worried about this year or next? b/c you weren't clear on that...

if its this year then my point stands, if its next year, I'm not looking that far ahead and you never stated that's the point you were making anyway

Seattle has tons of young arms, thats never been in doubt, but if the concern is this year, then Seattle has 4 question marks of their own to sort out, whether it be injury or inexperience

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point its pointless to make any trades and roll with what we got, we have WAY too many injuries to substitute for now

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point its pointless to make any trades and roll with what we got, we have WAY too many injuries to substitute for now

Well jta it looks like Cheerios gets to stay for a while. How is JPA from a defensive standpoint as a catcher? Because his offense has some big holes in it.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way...I feel his level of frustration with this team right now!

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks...I tried again and failed once again...how do you do it?

Take the part after the "v=" so (NWaXbCsh0po)... and put it between [youtube] [./youtube] tags. (remove the period)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Tanaka. He's getting the start at 2B today. He has been decent, but damn this sucks. I would still see what Odor can do before letting Wilson or Rosales hit .200. Does anyone think that Odor can't hit better than that? I really think he's our best option, as unconventional as it would be.

Odor is not ready defensively as someone stated before. I noticed that Tanaka walks more than he strikes out. But he is a singles hitter deluxe. Bostick had some good numbers last year but that was in A ball so he is a ways away as well.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well jta it looks like Cheerios gets to stay for a while. How is JPA from a defensive standpoint as a catcher? Because his offense has some big holes in it.

He's actually pretty good at framing pitches and throwing out runners, but other parts of his game need some work, his biggest glaring problem is with passed balls (though "some" of his issues last year were due to catching a knuckleballer for the first time, though they've been problems in the past as well)

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually pretty good at framing pitches and throwing out runners, but other parts of his game need some work, his biggest glaring problem is with passed balls (though "some" of his issues last year were due to catching a knuckleballer for the first time, though they've been problems in the past as well)

Thanks-at least there are some positives there.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with JTA as there is no need to make trades for the sake of doing them. Every other team in baseball knows the situation with the Rangers so let's say they'll be looking for a one sided deal if JD gives them a call. Just role with what we have...There's only so much you can do that you can prepare for injuries. If its 1 or 2 you can make due but this is a situation where injuries are pouring. Just role with what we have and try to weather this really really bad and shitty storm to start the season.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I realize this is a reaction to all the injury news.......... gotta ask... how?

There are 162 games yet to play.

Do I see the Rangers leading the West at the AS break? No... not exactly. But I also dont see them being 20 games back.
It'll be ok everyone... take a step back from the ledge.

The reason is, I don't think this is the end of the bad news. The injuries are substantial, and I think this team is going to struggle at the bottom of the order. Just like it did last year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting much offense from Profar or Soto to begin with, so hoping there isn't much fall off.