• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same man said the Pens were "kicking the tires" on Miller. So he literally has zero credibility now. Funny there are some bloggers doing better work than big name experts these days.

Ill give Kyper that he was maybe the first to say Kesler was up for grabs during the Olympics ... didnt say he asked for a trade though

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember I stopped listening to him last year over something he tweeted but I can't remember what it was. But it was epically "WTF?".

I feel like he has a lot of those...I can't recall any specifics from past years though.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like he has a lot of those...I can't recall any specifics from past years though.

Wasn't he on of the ones who first broke the lockout was over? Or was that the dude from Montral? Can't remember.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but yah Kyper doesnt seem to remember the hate Kesler had for Vigneault :noidea:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my defense, I have seen some galactically stupid things come from Toronto fans and "journalists" over the years.

Like I said, wasn't sure if he was a serial killer or a really, really terrible satirist.

Sure, but the whole piece is making fun of those journalists that you're talking about

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2:29PM: “Ryan Callahan is an excellent hockey player, he just isn’t one that should command $7 million per year. Maybe he gets that on the open market, I would be absolutely jaw drop shocked if that were the case but we have seen some crazy signings in free agency in the past.” (Darren Dreger on TSN 1260)
2:17PM: Ryan Callahan’s agent Steve Bartlett says that he has spoken with the Rangers a few times this week and plans to do so again in the next day or so. (Pierre LeBrun)

2:31PM: “I think there is a better chance that Girardi gets signed in the days ahead and I think it comes in at around his asking price which was six-years and $5.5 million and what I know is that Sather is not going to let either player go past March 5 unsigned. If Dan Girardi truly wants to stay with the Rangers, and I believe that he does, then he is going to have to get this deal done because otherwise he will absolutely be in play on March 5 if not before. (Darren Dreger on TSN1260)

2:19PM: “Our sources tell us that Yzerman is telling teams that inquire that Marty St. Louis has made it clear that the only team he is willing to go to is the New York Rangers. When you talk about complications as a GM and being handcuffed at this time of the year when the only team you can deal with his that team, the New York Rangers. Glen Sather isn’t going to give Yzerman a kings ransom for St. Louis even though on the open market or auction format Tampa Bay would absolutely get that. You are talking about a player who fits into the elite offensively. Ryan Callahan for Marty St. Louis…no, that isn’t going to cut it. Sather has to be very creative if in fact he sees St. Louis as the right fit and right time to give the Rangers that boost as they prepare for this postseason push. Man is it complicated and you are also dealing with a 38-year old hockey player. His cap hit is fine at $5.6 this year and he has a year left, that isn’t a big concern but they have other financial concerns to deal with. This one might be too complicated to get done before the deadline. I think it’s 50/50 at best.” (Darren Dreger on TSN 1260)

http://snyrangersblog.com/

Still think Cally goes elsewhere, most likely TB and Girardi is re-signed.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, So far I've seen 1 since I've been alive(94) i'm not too worried about it ;)

Better than having the last one 47 years back.

Still have 7 more years to go before they've matched that rich tradition though. And half of those Rangers years were even still in a 6 team league.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reminder: tomorrow is my birthday, and I've asked for multiple big name players. So, just be ready for a big name player going to the Pens. I mean, it has to work.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Callahan for Marty St. Louis…no, that isn’t going to cut it.

Why the hell not? Callahan is a 100% rental for anyone because he thinks he's going to get 7schmill on the open market. No way any team is going to sign him before the auction opens up, least of all New York. Marty is a Captain, proven player and supposedly the only place he will go is NYR.

So, a guy you will not sign and could poison your room for a guy who desperately wants to be there and who had Canada's Olympians carrying him on their shoulders.

If it's a cap problem... cap goes up next year. MSL is only marginally more expensive than Cally right now and the Rangers have almost 7 in space right now.

I don't see where this is complicated.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler back on the ice today practicing on the First PP unit, not sure if ready to go but it sounds like it. maybe the mri is not as bad as indicated for broken.

could be interesting when the media get access to him, if ever

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3:25PM: Glen Sather is expected to check in on the availability of Ryan Kesler. There are reportedly no issues between Kesler and Vigneault despite their past and reported rift. (NY Post)

3:27PM: The Rangers and Girardi have hit a roadblock over the past couple of days though it isn’t known what that is. If Girardi isn’t signed in the next day or two it is expected that he will be shopped heavily for a trade. (NY Post)

Wonderful :L Girardi should be locked up already.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im getting indications that the Leafs are interested in Tom Barrasso. Will try to confirm.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im getting indications that the Leafs are interested in Tom Barrasso. Will try to confirm.

I think that is bogus, I heard they were interested in Roman Čechmánek. the news came out right after the bronze medal game

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3:25PM: Glen Sather is expected to check in on the availability of Ryan Kesler. There are reportedly no issues between Kesler and Vigneault despite their past and reported rift. (NY Post)

3:27PM: The Rangers and Girardi have hit a roadblock over the past couple of days though it isn’t known what that is. If Girardi isn’t signed in the next day or two it is expected that he will be shopped heavily for a trade. (NY Post)

Wonderful :L Girardi should be locked up already.

The NY Post isn't exactly a bastion of journalistic integrity, is it?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kesler back on the ice today practicing on the First PP unit, not sure if ready to go but it sounds like it. maybe the mri is not as bad as indicated for broken.

could be interesting when the media get access to him, if ever

he says the rumours are false ... that his heart is in vancouver lol

/and his other bodily fluids are on the floor of the roxy basement vip room

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell not? Callahan is a 100% rental for anyone because he thinks he's going to get 7schmill on the open market. No way any team is going to sign him before the auction opens up, least of all New York. Marty is a Captain, proven player and supposedly the only place he will go is NYR.

So, a guy you will not sign and could poison your room for a guy who desperately wants to be there and who had Canada's Olympians carrying him on their shoulders.

If it's a cap problem... cap goes up next year. MSL is only marginally more expensive than Cally right now and the Rangers have almost 7 in space right now.

I don't see where this is complicated.

I think it's complicated on the Lightning side of things. If I'm the Rangers and Yzerman says Cally for Marty, I sign the deal before Steve comes down from his high. Obviously the Rangers would have the leverage if Marty really only wants to go to the Rangers, but they may be in a similar "need to move to get full value" situation too. I really think if these rumors are true, the hold up is with Tampa, not New York.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FarhanLaljiTSN 6m
@strombone1 on Kesler trade rumors, "Whether he wants to go or stay, he's not going anywhere. We all know how this script ends" #canucks

Hahahah. I mean, this is hilarious, but I think it'd bug me if I were a Canucks fan. Not the honesty of the humor, but the underlying issues it seems to represent. I could be way reading into it, but I know it'd bug me to have trade demands/logistical innerworkings so public.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's complicated on the Lightning side of things. If I'm the Rangers and Yzerman says Cally for Marty, I sign the deal before Steve comes down from his high. Obviously the Rangers would have the leverage if Marty really only wants to go to the Rangers, but they may be in a similar "need to move to get full value" situation too. I really think if these rumors are true, the hold up is with Tampa, not New York.

And what will happen is that if they wait too long with the Lightning to try and trade Cally, then other teams might move on from being interested in him and if the Lightning deal falls through, the Rangers will be the one person without a chair