• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FarhanLaljiTSN 6m
@strombone1 on Kesler trade rumors, "Whether he wants to go or stay, he's not going anywhere. We all know how this script ends" #canucks

Hahahah. I mean, this is hilarious, but I think it'd bug me if I were a Canucks fan. Not the honesty of the humor, but the underlying issues it seems to represent. I could be way reading into it, but I know it'd bug me to have trade demands/logistical innerworkings so public.

The last part was a dig at the Canucks lol

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's complicated on the Lightning side of things. If I'm the Rangers and Yzerman says Cally for Marty, I sign the deal before Steve comes down from his high. Obviously the Rangers would have the leverage if Marty really only wants to go to the Rangers, but they may be in a similar "need to move to get full value" situation too. I really think if these rumors are true, the hold up is with Tampa, not New York.

Sather does have leverage now with Marty wanting to come here and here only. Only thing is Cally isn't a great barganing chip. But if he were to add a 1st in this draft or a good young prospect like Fast, Miller, Lindberg or Kristo, then it's a fair deal for the Lightning.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3:25PM: Glen Sather is expected to check in on the availability of Ryan Kesler. There are reportedly no issues between Kesler and Vigneault despite their past and reported rift. (NY Post) [/URL]

Wonderful :L Girardi should be locked up already.

lol quit posting this shit :L

Q6spom5.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last part was a dig at the Canucks lol

I know it was just part of Luo's humor, but it makes the situation in Vancouver seem poor, or at the very least not seem player friendly. That's just me though, it'd bug me a bit.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was just part of Luo's humor, but it makes the situation in Vancouver seem poor, or at the very least not seem player friendly. That's just me though, it'd bug me a bit.

doesnt bug me as much but its correct, I think that is a direct jab at Gillis and his inability to make the trades.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt bug me as much but its correct, I think that is a direct jab at Gillis and his inability to make the trades.

I just prefer to live in a innocent/ignorant little bubble where my teams' GMs can do no wrong and that relationships between all players, coaches, and management are epic and awesome and never in question. :)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its a jab at the canucks or gillis ... i think its a jab at his own personal situation ... hes taken care not to crack on the organization through this whole thing imo

The more time goes on the more you can point to gillis running the team too much like he was still an agent ... he gives the players too much leeway and tries to accomodate way too much :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSNBobMcKenzie: RT @LouisJean_TVA: #Canucks F Ryan Kesler categorically denies ever asking for a trade - which is what I reported yesterday.

TSNBobMcKenzie: RT @LouisJean_TVA: That being said, I stand 100% behind what I reported because it is true.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,837.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller to start against Sharks in what is likely last at FNC

While many Sabres fans thought they may have seen Ryan Miller's last game in a Buffalo uniform at home on Tuesday, Sabres interim head coach Ted Nolan says he will be between the pipes Friday night when the team hosts the San Jose Sharks.

"It's up to me," said Nolan of his decision to start Miller tomorrow night, in what will likely be his final game in a Sabres sweater inside First Niagara Center.

"It seems likely that given my status at the end of the year they are likely to trade me," admitted Miller Thursday after practice. "If we had more time to see what moves they made before the trade deadline...I could take all summer and see where everything shakes out, but it seems like a risky proposal for both sides. Right now it's a business decision and not really a personal thing and we'll see where it goes."

The former Vezina Trophy winner did get a little personal when asked to reflect on the Buffalo community and his interactions with the areas passionate fans.

"I feel like I'm fortunate. I've met some great people and some great fans.... I do appreciate everyone who has supported me and with the uncertainty you don't want to miss an opportunity to say thank you," said Miller, before recalling a few off-ice memories that stuck out.

"I've been at Wegmans a couple of years ago trying to pick up groceries and I got a lesson on how to hold my stick," recalled Miller. "And I've had sweet old ladies come up and give me a hug. After you get past that little startling.... it feels nice to have a sweet old lady give you a hug and say she likes to watch you play and that you maybe need to eat a little more because you look a little thin."

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of awkward circumstances with Miller. I'm sure that Buffalo fans want to give him a proper goodbye/thanks, but then what if, for some reason, he's not traded?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I've been at Wegmans a couple of years ago trying to pick up groceries and I got a lesson on how to hold my stick," recalled Miller. "And I've had sweet old ladies come up and give me a hug. After you get past that little startling.... it feels nice to have a sweet old lady give you a hug and say she likes to watch you play and that you maybe need to eat a little more because you look a little thin."

That's good stuff right there.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BillHoppeNHL: Christian Ehrhoff said the #Sabres asked him for a list of teams. Said he understands it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3