• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2013-2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just a fantasy rumour on some message board right.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it definitely is positive to know there are some peeps out there who believe this ... hopefully some of them are NHL gms

I really like Andrew Ladd, and he's a great pickup. Edler IS a top-2 pairing Dman, is he not? Puts up big icetime at least. The Jets have a fairly decent D-core, especially with Trouba in the mix now...but could use a guy like Edler. I don't know why I'm even going into detail, no way that trade happens.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Andrew Ladd, and he's a great pickup. Edler IS a top-2 pairing Dman, is he not? Puts up big icetime at least. The Jets have a fairly decent D-core, especially with Trouba in the mix now...but could use a guy like Edler. I don't know why I'm even going into detail, no way that trade happens.

If I'm the Jets and I wanted to make a deal with the Canucks, I'd be asking for Eddie Lack

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Jets and I wanted to make a deal with the Canucks, I'd be asking for Eddie Lack

I wonder why the Jets don't play Montoya more often, the guy has looked very good everytime I've watched him play.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Kings are looking for future, they're looking for right now

He can play now. Probably 15 minutes a night to get used to the pace, but he can play. He did well the other night against Wash at home.

I know Kesler isn't the same guy he once was, but Edler? I admit to not watching enough Nucks games to have a real opinion on it, but I'd say he's better than Ladd. Kane most certainly the best in that swap.

I would take Kesler in a second, and not only because since he and Umby don't like each other it means Umby has to go.

The Jackets can send Comeau, Umby and Boll. Those are Torts types. :suds:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can play now. Probably 15 minutes a night to get used to the pace, but he can play. He did well the other night against Wash at home.

I would take Kesler in a second, and not only because since he and Umby don't like each other it means Umby has to go.

The Jackets can send Comeau, Umby and Boll. Those are Torts types. :suds:

When exactly did Umberger spit on your mother? Haha. I've always liked the guy, but that was really more like 5 years ago than today.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why the Jets don't play Montoya more often, the guy has looked very good everytime I've watched him play.

Most certainly - he's been better than Pavelec(at least more consistent) when he's been in

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When exactly did Umberger spit on your mother? Haha. I've always liked the guy, but that was really more like 5 years ago than today.

He plays hard, but he's an anchor around the neck of whoever he's on a line with. He's punching WAAAAY above his weight class on the first or second line. He'd be a good fit on the fourth with The Test Tube and Tropp/Skellington/Comeau/DMac. But on a line with Anismov and Foligno he is left too far behind.

It was worse with Johansen.

I think Umby and Tabasco are the two primary places they need an upgrade. If Gabby comes back and takes that wing spot on the Anisimov line and Umby relegates to fourth line duty, it will be probably be fine. If they move Gabby it HAS to be for a winger who has wheels.

He's not going anywhere though. He has one of the Howson Special NTCs. Speaking of anchors around necks.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there, done that. I'd take Mason Raymond over Blake Comeau.

What are your thoughts on Tim Erixon? For Kris Russell?

*ducks*

OOH! OOOH!

Cobiemonster - Tim Erixon AND Cody Golubef. Forrrr.... How's Justin Williams playing this year?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on Tim Erixon? For Kris Russell?

*ducks*

Shake harder, boy.

shake-harder-boy-o.gif

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays hard, but he's an anchor around the neck of whoever he's on a line with. He's punching WAAAAY above his weight class on the first or second line. He'd be a good fit on the fourth with The Test Tube and Tropp/Skellington/Comeau/DMac. But on a line with Anismov and Foligno he is left too far behind.

It was worse with Johansen.

I think Umby and Tabasco are the two primary places they need an upgrade. If Gabby comes back and takes that wing spot on the Anisimov line and Umby relegates to fourth line duty, it will be probably be fine. If they move Gabby it HAS to be for a winger who has wheels.

He's not going anywhere though. He has one of the Howson Special NTCs. Speaking of anchors around necks.

scott%2Bhowson%2Brick%2Bnash%2Btrade.jpg

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a rental that has said he's not signing there?

Best of luck, Charlie.

Garth has a history of keeping players if he doesn't get what he wants. He kept Parenteau & Konopka amongst others. It's going to be interesting to see which teams want him. Remember the 2014 draft is considered weak. Contenders couldn't care less about giving up their 1st round pick. I expect both So. Cal. teams to be involved. The Kings have a need. The last thing the Ducks want is the Kings filling it. Besides the Ducks have the better prospect pool.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garth has a history of keeping players if he doesn't get what he wants. He kept Parenteau & Konopka amongst others. It's going to be interesting to see which teams want him. Remember the 2014 draft is considered weak. Contenders couldn't care less about giving up their 1st round pick. I expect both So. Cal. teams to be involved. The Kings have a need. The last thing the Ducks want is the Kings filling it. Besides the Ducks have the better prospect pool.

He'll get Interest.

What he won't get is a 1st rounder, a young player AND a prospect.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get Interest.

What he won't get is a 1st rounder, a young player AND a prospect.

We'll see. It could also be a 2 for 1 depending on the quality of the player the Islanders get. The bottom line is I'm one pissed off Islanders fan. I had high hopes after Garth talked to Dreger before the game at Yankee Stadium vs the Rangers. For the Islanders to offer Vanek a contract that's similar to the one he signed 7 years ago is a joke. Garth had been trying to acquire Vanek for about a year. He targeted him. If you really want the player you offer him a max contract. You don't insult him.